ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life St Louis Was Cool (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273961)

Dayze 06-19-2013 08:32 PM

St Louis Was Cool

Wife and I took a trip to STL on Saturday and returned today. Man, I really like that place. Our hotel was a block from Bush Stadium, and the metro link. We took the train fromKC in business class....holy shit if I can ever travel somewhere by train within reason I'm doing it, thousand times Better than flying.

Only rented a car one day to go to Six Flags. It was ok I suppose.i still want to get to Cedar Point.

Went to a game last night, and man...I thought the stadium kicked ass. Though, probably due to the market, everything was obscenely expensive. Though, I suppose if you're a winning team who draws 45k on a Tuesday night I guess you can charge whatever. 12oz draw of beer was $9.**** that. Didn't buy any. Hot dog and chips was 12 I believe.

But the stadium was great. I really wonder if KC made the right call to not build a park downtown.

We'll be going back maybe on a weekend to see a game on a Saturday and come back Sunday. Great time. Fun city. Didn't need a car whatsoever. Simple transit. Easy to understand. Everything we needed within walking distance.

Go Royals. Lol

O.city 06-19-2013 08:35 PM

Downtown baseball is the way to go. Especially in baseball heaven. If you like baseball memorabilia, go to Mike Shannon's right by Busch. It's expensive but it's got a lot of awesome baseball stuff and the food is good. Took dad there for Father's Day a few years back, got meet Shannon then bob Gibson .

Dayze 06-19-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9763797)
Downtown baseball is the way to go. Especially in baseball heaven. If you like baseball memorabilia, go to Mike Shannon's right by Busch. It's expensive but it's got a lot of awesome baseball stuff and the food is good. Took dad there for Father's Day a few years back, got meet Shannon then bob Gibson .

Yep. Saw that place. I'm not even a huge baseball fan . Though if going to a Royals game was this easy, I'd probably more interested.

Was cool to see some good baseball against the Cubs. Came down to basically the last out after a late inning and a half near comeback.

We left the game afterwards,and were back in our hotel room in about 12 minutes. Awesome

Rain Man 06-19-2013 08:40 PM

I despised St. Louis when I lived there, but I went back for a visit a year or so ago and it was pretty nice down in the Central West End.

And I agree completely on the train. Train travel is quite pleasant compared to any other option.

Rain Man 06-19-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9763797)

Did Gibson brush you back? He likes to control his space.

Marcellus 06-19-2013 08:41 PM

I'm a Cards fan but honestly enjoy Kaufman as much as Busch and I really like Busch. Granted I only go when the Cards are playing the Royals so its always packed.

Dayze 06-19-2013 08:44 PM

Yeah Kauffman definitely has its strengths. Sight lines one of them.
I would love them to just transplant it downtown.

O.city 06-19-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9763814)
Did Gibson brush you back? He likes to control his space.

Actually no, we were with dads boss who knows Shannon so he wa cool to us. Pretty awesome Father's Day for the old dad in that gibby was/is his favorite cardinal

O.city 06-19-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9763815)
I'm a Cards fan but honestly enjoy Kaufman as much as Busch and I really like Busch. Granted I only go when the Cards are playing the Royals so its always packed.

Living in KC and going to games when it's not the cards, it's ok but nothing like Busch, IMO.

I'm obviously biased but te downtown setting in stl with the arch etc is awesome. I've got some awesome pics from last years NLCS

Dayze 06-19-2013 08:47 PM

I took a bunch of pics but haven't downloaded them yet. Hopefully tomorrow night

O.city 06-19-2013 09:05 PM

I'm sure some stl guys can tell you better, but hit up The Hill if you have a chance. Great Italian

Dayze 06-19-2013 09:08 PM

Yeah. We heard about that. We didn't make it there or that Lacledes area. I heard the Italian on the hill is great as well

Deberg_1990 06-19-2013 09:11 PM

I really liked the new Busch when I was there a few years ago. Worlds better than that boring old circular dump they used to have.

BigRedChief 06-19-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9763793)
Went to a game last night, and man...I thought the stadium kicked ass. Though, probably due to the market, everything was obscenely expensive. Though, I suppose if you're a winning team who draws 45k on a Tuesday night I guess you can charge whatever. 12oz draw of beer was $9.**** that. Didn't buy any. Hot dog and chips was 12 I believe.

Cardinal fans just whine but dont complain too much. They know we don't have a billion $ TV contract so those 3 million fans keep coming through the gates year after year and spending money is how we maintain a top 10 payroll.

NewChief 06-19-2013 09:18 PM

Despite what many on here will tell you, St. Louis is a great town to visit.