ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248696)

The Franchise 08-19-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836170)
wut? He has 53 INT and 34 fumbles. Have you seen him play?

In last weeks game (which of course he lost) his ave throw was for 1.4 yards.

Jim Harbough is supposed to be somewhat of a QB guru also.

I understand everyone wants a veteran backup, but he is not it. He is not better than starting a rookie, he really isn't.

1. Yeah....I've seen him play. I live an hour outside of San Francisco....
2. You just pulled stats from a ****ing preseason game......you're dumb.
3. He has 53 INTs....and 51 TDs. That's not the greatest stats but I'm not calling for him to come in and start over Cassel.
4. It's Jim Harbaugh....not Harbough.

rocknrolla 08-19-2011 01:50 PM

If Cassel goes down, the season is down the shitter with Smith as a back up. So why cock block Stanzi?

BigRichard 08-19-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7836198)
If Cassel goes down, the season is down the shitter with Smith as a back up. So why cock block Stanzi?

Because it might be detrimental to his progression if you throw him to the wolves.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836187)
1. Yeah....I've seen him play. I live an hour outside of San Francisco....
2. You just pulled stats from a ****ing preseason game......you're dumb.
3. He has 53 INTs....and 51 TDs. That's not the greatest stats but I'm not calling for him to come in and start over Cassel.
4. It's Jim Harbaugh....not Harbough.

:spock:
You are calling for him to start if something happens to Cassel. That is a dumb mistake.

If you have seen him play and you still want him anywhere near this team than you are the one who is dumb.

He was benched for Troy Smith who only had 3 carreer TD's in 3 years with the Ravens. He was also outplayed by T. Smith who sucks but wasn't a number 1 draft pick. That is the only reason he is still there.

He should follow the QB he was benched for, and try a different profession.

Mosbonian 08-19-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7835915)
If u watched any 49er games, it is not overboard at all. Alex Smith was benched last year in favor of Troy Smith who won more games than A. Smith and is out of football now. The only reason Alex Smith is still on the roster is cause of where he was drafted. He sux in epic proportions. He makes Croyle look like Brady.

That's an overboard opinion....Croyle is a bust and will be forever.

Smith would be a decent backup...but not one I would pay much for.

Detoxing....you didn't really answer my question so I'll give you another shot at it...

Why is Stanzi any better option than Smith?

Fansy the Famous Bard 08-19-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 7836135)
Who is this Palko everyone keeps talking about?

http://www.americanthinktank.net/wp-...shanefalco.jpg

Mosbonian 08-19-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836041)
Dude.....did Alex Smith **** your mom?

Makes you wonder why he is so adamant...

The Franchise 08-19-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836221)
You are calling for him to start if something happens to Cassel. That is a dumb mistake.

If you have seen him play and you still want him anywhere near this team than you are the one who is dumb.

He was benched for Troy Smith who only had 3 carreer TD's in 3 years with the Ravens. He was also outplayed by T. Smith who sucks but wasn't a number 1 draft pick. That is the only reason he is still there.

He should follow the QB he was benched for, and try a different profession.

I would rather see Alex Smith start if Cassel goes down....then watch Palko go out there and completely shit himself.

Wow....he got benched....so therefore he shouldn't play the QB position ever again. Is he the greatest QB ever to play the game? No. But you denying the fact that he has talent....makes you look like a complete douchebag.

Mosbonian 08-19-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7836198)

Because at this point what do we know about Stanzi that makes him a worthy candidate to play in the NFL?

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dsnyfn (Post 7836272)
Makes you wonder why he is so adamant...

Uh, cause I watch a lot of 49er games and have seen him play alot. A

gonefishin53 08-19-2011 02:24 PM

No. Giving up a chance to get another player like Powe late in the 2012 draft isn't worth a 4$million contract and a loser qb with a career 53/51 TD/INT ratio and fumbling issues.

It doesn't make sense to give up $4million and a draft pick for Smith so he can compete with Stanzi for a backup spot.

The Franchise 08-19-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 7836294)
No. Giving up a chance to get another player like Powe late in the 2012 draft isn't worth a 4$million contract and a loser qb with a career 53/51 TD/INT ratio and fumbling issues.

It doesn't make sense to give up $4million and a draft pick for Smith so he can compete with Stanzi for a backup spot.

:facepalm:

Rams Fan 08-19-2011 02:39 PM

I believe if Smith had left SF, he'd be an okay starting QB this season.

The way fans have treated him, Singletary switching from him to Troy Smith and the changes at OC that happened almost every season have not helped him. At all.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836285)
I would rather see Alex Smith start if Cassel goes down....then watch Palko go out there and completely shit himself.

Wow....he got benched....so therefore he shouldn't play the QB position ever again. Is he the greatest QB ever to play the game? No. But you denying the fact that he has talent....makes you look like a complete douchebag.

I don't believe he does have the talent to be a QB. That is the whole point. If you think he does, then good for you. Anyone who is a 49er fan will tell you you are wrong.

He got benched for a young guy who outplayed him and is now out of football. He was benched because he sucks and turned the ball over every freaking game. That is all my point was.

Not trying to be a douchbag, I just have seen firsthand that the guy does not have the talent to play QB in this league. He won't come in off the bench and win anything. It is my opinion and I don't think he is worth any trade.

Rams Fan 08-19-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836221)

Not at all.

First off, Singletary handled the QB situation horribly. He benched Alex Smith for Troy Smith, the first time T. Smith started was against the Rams. He did things to the Rams that shouldn't be done by a shitty backup QB like him. From that point on, Troy Smith had no really good games, only 1 or 2 decent ones at best. And Singletary couldn't make up his mind on who to start or bench, switching Troy and Alex Smith in and out of games frequently.

Alex Smith is still in San Francisco because he's better than Troy Smith and they need someone to start as their backups are Kapernick(a rookie) and Josh McCown.