ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I Predict The 2013 QB's To Be (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268468)

BossChief 01-05-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9284077)
WHAT THE MOTHER**** does him being the #3 have to do with him deserving the #2 if the team drafts Geno or any other rookie QB to be the franchise guy and CHOOSE to bring in a veteran to help along that rookie?

Jason Campbell, Michael Vick or any other guy ain't coming here to help along a rookie QB and sit at #3!

If they choose to bring in a veteran to help, he will be #2, PERIOD!

If they sign a starting quality vet, that means Stanzi would get cut.

If they draft two, Stanzi will stick.

aturnis 01-05-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9284069)
So Haley was allowed to play Palko to rub it in Pioli's face, but Stanzi was off-limits why? Logical inconsistency here if we're to disregard everything associated with the past season.

Based on Pioli's and Patriots history with rookie QB's, what makes you think Stanzi was an option for Todd?

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9284078)
Why was Hudson kept off the field in favor of Lilja as a rookie, even when he vastly outplayed him when he filled for an injury?
Same with Asamoah as a rookie when Lilja started at rg over him?
Why was Tom Brady inactive his rookie year?

Because of the failed farce that was just ushered out of town...that's why.

How many times did Vinny Testaverde get brought back for Parcells?

The veteran plays and the kid sits...that's their way.

Are you really going to assert that Palko had earned "vet status" with any of the coaches? The Palko of 6 total pass attempts in the regular season, prior to '11? OK.

Come on, brah. This is a ridiculous stretch.

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9284082)
Based on Pioli's and Patriots history with rookie QB's, what makes you think Stanzi was an option for Todd?

Because Haley hated Pioli and Palko was equally unproven and raw.

aturnis 01-05-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossCHIEF9284081
If they sign a starting quality vet, that means Stanzi would get cut..

If they draft two, Stanzi will stick.

I think the opposite. If you bring in two rookies, you HAVE to bring in a veteran journeyman. Look at Washington.

If you bring in our election and a veteran, then your third spot is there for a guy you think MIGHT have a chance of being good.

aturnis 01-05-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9284088)
Because. se Haley hated Pioli and Palko was equally unproven and raw.

Pioli set the game day roster

aturnis 01-05-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9284080)
He doesn't deserve the #2 spot. He either earns it or he needs to be cut. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

So who is going to help along your rookie franchise QB if he does earn it?

jd1020 01-05-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9284097)
So who is going to help along your rookie franchise QB?

The coaches?

Unless you believe Stanzi has some insight that will be helpful to the new rookie QB.

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9284094)
Pioli set the game day roster

So Pioli green lighted Palko? However, according to some narratives, Haley started Palko to spite Pioli. These two narratives cannot co-exist.

The easiest explanation, the one that accounts for the last two years combined, is that Stanzi isn't very good.

Trust me, I'm not rooting for this. We need a great QB, and if some 5th round diamond in the rough can be this guy? Beautiful.

But the odds say, and pretty convincingly, that he sucks.

Go prove the odds wrong, Stanzi. We're all cheering for you.

BossChief 01-05-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9284086)
Are you really going to assert that Palko had earned "vet status" with any of the coaches? The Palko of 6 total pass attempts in the regular season, prior to '11? OK.

Come on, brah. This is a ridiculous stretch.

Palko was the backup for 2010, too. To those mongoloids we just sent packing, he was the vet quarterback.

Laughable? Absolutely. The truth? Sadly, yes.

aturnis 01-05-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9284101)
So Pioli green lighted Palko However, according to some narrative, Haley started Palko to spite Pioli. These two narratives cannot co-exist.

The easiest explanation, the one that accounts for the last two years combined, is that Stanzi isn't very good.

Trust me, I'm not rooting for this. We need a great QB, and if some 5th round diamond in the rough can be this guy? Beautiful.

But the odds say, and pretty convincingly, that he sucks.

Go prove the odds wrong, Stanzi. We're all cheering for you.

The "Haley started Palko in spite of Pioli" was the best attempt by fans to rationalize what was happening, conspiracy theory.

The fact that Pioli set the game day roster for Haley, was reported by connected people in industry...

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9283962)
BOOM, Headshot.

I think you are confusing this as a defense of stanzi when it isn't. SNR corect me if I am wrong..

BossChief 01-05-2013 01:15 AM

Reid was able to coach up AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb to where he flipped them for second rounders...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Reid is able to duplicate something like that with Stanzi.

jd1020 01-05-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9284138)
Reid was able to coach up AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb to where he flipped them for second rounders...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Reid is able to duplicate something like that with Stanzi.

He might not have to. I heard Pioli was good about trading 2nd round picks for his previous teams trash.

Seriously though, I doubt we flip Stanzi for anything. AJ Feely went on a tear to lead the Eagles to the playoffs winning 4 out of 5 and Kolb spent 4 years in Philly, which means Stanzi would need to be extended.

I'd rather have Reid start from scratch with the QBs. He'd have to take a blind leap of faith on Stanzi, who we all agree was drafted by a FO that doesn't know shit about QBs. Let the "QB guru" draft 2 QBs and get a vet.

mcaj22 01-05-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9284078)
Why was Hudson kept off the field in favor of Lilja as a rookie, even when he vastly outplayed him when he filled for an injury?
Same with Asamoah as a rookie when Lilja started at rg over him?
Why was Tom Brady inactive his rookie year?

Because of the failed farce that was just ushered out of town...that's why.

How many times did Vinny Testaverde get brought back for Parcells?

The veteran plays and the kid sits...that's their way.

Ryan Lilja finished his career with us grading out positive in all three years on PFF

yes including this year. He was very good for us. Quit being a homer for shitty Pioli picks