ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   25 reasons/observations to calm down about yesterdays game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149973)

DenverChief 10-16-2006 10:34 AM

25 reasons/observations to calm down about yesterdays game

Meaning focus on the problems and a bright shiny look at the future!

25. Realize this is only one game

24. Realize our #1 QB is out which will make the O better when he returns

23. Realize our #2 RB is out who helps rest LJ and throw a changeup to opposing D's

22. Realize our #3 CB Benny Sapp is out hurt

21. Realize that our #1 LT is hurt and we need one tackle position to be solid preferably the left one

20. Realize that your D can only be on the field so long before it gets tired

19. Offensive T.O.P. 25 Minutes of which the first possesion was 5 mins the last possesion of the 3rd quarter was four mins and the first possesion of the fourth was four mins..the other 9 possesions totaled 13 mins

18. Opportunities to recover turnovers four forced fumbles 1 recovered...need to practice recovering the ball

17. Field position of the 4 touchdowns in the first half Pitsburgh started at their own 20 (TD) or less one time... pit 42 (TD), 35 (TD) and 27 (TD) were the others...the FG came when they started on their own 10...the second possesion of the first quarter Pit 20 (punt)

16. The Chiefs D held Steelers to one offensive score in the second half that score came when ...suprise...the Steelers started on their own 38 yard line

15. The starting position for the other 5 offensive possesions? Pit 18 (fumble), 5 (punt), 14 (punt), 31 (end of game) and the KC 18 (missed FG)

14. The KC offense started every drive except one (15) at the 20 or better

13. The offense/special teams is the story here folks not the defense

12. Next week Sandy Eggo comes to our house...friendly confines makes the job easier

11. Sandy Eggo is not the DEFENDING SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS

10. A chance to catch back up to the top of the division

09. Michael Bennett should be returning soon

08. A trade for some offensive/defensive talent may be imminent

07. Benny Sapp should be back soon

06. Kyle Turley Should be back soon

05. Trent Green Shold be back soon

04. Better to lose big at the begining than the end of the season

03. Better to get all your injured players back late than to go out late

02. We just need to weather this storm a little while longer

01. GAZ is teh bomb

noa 10-16-2006 10:35 AM

I feel much better now

Dave Lane 10-16-2006 10:39 AM

How about a option for

I've given up on the season and now I'm just looking for individual improvements to spark my interest for next year.

Dave

Hammock Parties 10-16-2006 10:41 AM

Here's ONE REASON:

NINETY PERCENT of Chiefsplanet expected this team to be 3-2 at this point. Almost EVERYONE had us losing in Denver and Pittsburgh.

We're behind the eight ball because we lost the opener. That means we have to steal one down the road somewhere.

STOP ****ING OVERREACTING.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/692/chickenkclo6.jpg

Rain Man 10-16-2006 10:44 AM

#19 seems more of a reason to be depressed than inspired.

I picked #18 as my reason to smile through the tears.

DenverChief 10-16-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
#19 seems more of a reason to be depressed than inspired.

I picked #18 as my reason to smile through the tears.

:shrug: I tried

StcChief 10-16-2006 10:46 AM

Losing fumbles. everything seemed to be going Shitzburg's way. They are the defending SB Champs
we were playing in there house.

We didn't execute well.

DaFace 10-16-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Here's ONE REASON:

NINETY PERCENT of Chiefsplanet expected this team to be 3-2 at this point. Almost EVERYONE had us losing in Denver and Pittsburgh.

We're behind the eight ball because we lost the opener. That means we have to steal one down the road somewhere.

I'll agree with you on that one. Given the shit we've gone through so far (Roaf, Trent), it's remarkable that we've still won the games I picked as wins and lost the games I picked as losses.

When the schedule was released in the spring, I said that, if we could make it halfway through the season at 50%, we'd be fine. This stretch of three games is by far the worst of the season. The second half of the season is MUCH easier than the first, so we've still got a chance.

There's no question that we played like shit yesterday. But you do have to admit that we were playing a Steelers team that had their backs against the wall. If they had lost to us, their season would be effectively over.

The only thing that stings is the severity of the loss. Hopefully, though, the team will use it as motivation not to let their guard down again.

Rain Man 10-16-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief
:shrug: I tried

And a noble effort it was.

Kyle401 10-16-2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
And a noble effort it was.

Indeed, I think some rep is in order.

oaklandhater 10-16-2006 11:02 AM

I dont understand how you guys can be so optimistic, The chiefs have lost to every Real team they have played this year.

chiefsfan1963 10-16-2006 11:03 AM

Quote:

Here's ONE REASON:

So you saying we have a chance........ :)

ct 10-16-2006 11:04 AM

Quote:

Here's ONE REASON:

I would have voted for this option.

oaklandhater 10-16-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Here's ONE REASON:

This team has lost to Ciny Den and Pitt and the only team's they can beat are the nfc bottom feeders they havent shown anyone why they belong in the playoffs.

Hammock Parties 10-16-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater
This team has lost to Ciny Den and Pitt and the only team's they can beat are the nfc bottom feeders they havent shown anyone why they belong in the playoffs.

I agree. The next two weeks will go a long way to determining whether we are worth a shit or not.