ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Thinking about buying a newer muscle car (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270004)

TLO 02-13-2013 11:24 PM

Thinking about buying a newer muscle car

I like my Subaru Impreza a lot, but I really miss the rumble of a V8. I am starting to assemble a list of newer muscle cars I could potentially buy to replace my Subaru.

Question is, what should I get?

I really like the new 5.0 Mustangs. Always been a fan of Camaros, but not sure I am the biggest fan of the new styling. A Dodge Challenger or Charger would also be nice. Also on my list is an 03-04 Cobra Mustang. I could get the Cobra cheaper, and have a Mustang that actually has an independent rear suspension and a lot of power under the hood.

Any other cars I should consider? What do you all think about the cars listed above? Keep in mind I am looking to spend no more than 30k overall.

TribalElder 02-13-2013 11:27 PM

get a STI Subaru. Those other cars are gonna be shit compared to the Subaru when it comes to quality and longevity.

Dayze 02-13-2013 11:29 PM

Hmmm. Interesting question.
I'd love to have one. Always been a Chevy guy, but the others look bad ass as well.

I've heard, but I'm sure some others know first hand or not, but the challengers might be a bit heavy?

Tell yea what I'd like is a Cadillac CTS-V with that Vette engine. Good lord. Dude at my apartment complex a few yrs back had one, and that mother was bad ass. He had a pro charger on it as we'll I believe. That car would give you tunnel vision it accelerated so hard, and seemed to never let up.

Nt sure how to embed from the iPad.....:drool:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kC_DGUm-w0

AussieChiefsFan 02-13-2013 11:31 PM

IMO you can go wrong with a Mustang or a Camero. But I do agree, the new Camero look isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Dayze 02-13-2013 11:32 PM

Or pick up a nice low mileage Z06

BigRedChief 02-13-2013 11:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 2005 Mustang. Bought it the first year they came out with the new remodeled Pony's. Love it. Have 110K miles on it now without any issues.

Gonzo 02-13-2013 11:42 PM

http://transamdepot.com/trans_am_showroom.html

TLO 02-13-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9401748)
get a STI Subaru. Those other cars are gonna be shit compared to the Subaru when it comes to quality and longevity.

My Subaru is a WRX. 2.0 4 cylinder, turbo charged, full Greddy exhaust, Turbo XS front mount intercooler, Perin short ram intake. It's a speedy little car, and great in the snow. I am conflicted between just adding different parts to upgrade this car or if my heart actually desires some V8 muscle.

Buehler445 02-14-2013 12:01 AM

Like Dayze said, look into a caddy. It's not a grandpa car anymore.

I love the new camaro. Dealers wife has a black one with blacked out rims. I'd love to have one like that.

I like the Challenger too, but don't know much about it. I believe HemiEd has one.

Conversely I do not like the Charger. At all.

Easy 6 02-14-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9401756)
Or pick up a nice low mileage Z06

He wont find many "lower" mile jobs out there for 30k, but even one with 70-80 or so is a gem if its been well maintained.

The Corvette is the best true muscle car money can buy in my opinion, the challengers and stangs can compete, but only the vette gets across the board high acclaim from the worlds top drivers and car afficionados.

Regular vehicles? GM is at the bottom of the big three, their transmissions to this day are consistenly the loosest i see on a daily basis... put one in park on an incline/decline and it will roll a solid foot.

But the Z06 vette gets that brands star treatment, one thats really been taken care of is always a beaut.

Exoter175 02-14-2013 01:10 AM

Go with the Terminator (03-04 Cobra), you cannot go wrong with that car. It has the looks, it has the gas mileage thanks to the 6 speed, and they are fast as ****. Not even kidding, set of drag radials, full exhaust, and an upgraded pully, and you're at 500+ WHP and well into the 11's for nothing at all.

Avoid the Charger/Challenger reboots IMO, too heavy, not enough power. The Camaro is very nice, but in all honesty, I'd rather have a 2012+ Mustang over a Camaro any day of the week, even if the Camaro SS will beat the 5.0 Mustang. The car rides better, drives better, handles better than the Camaro, gas mileage is about the same, aftermarket support is about the same, but there is just something fun about that new 5.0 Coyote Motor they put in there, makes great power, sounds good, and it is reasonably efficient.

Having been an import guy myself at one point in my life, I understood the draw of the WRX, STI, EVO etc. and had a Turbo XS Stage 4+ WRX (with some of the STI goodies like the gold BBS Wheels etc.). The car was great, quick, fun in the snow, got decent enough gas mileage, but I just wanted something different. Now I drive a mustang and I'm in love all over again :D

Dayze 02-14-2013 05:51 AM

Nice. I'm hopeful here in a few years, I can get a used muscle car as a fun car/non daily driver. I'm positive they're fine as everyday drivers, but I'd likes freshly polished and waxed baby to break out. :)

BigBeauford 02-14-2013 05:56 AM

I have a 2012 5.0. Its the best car I have ever owned. Refined, best handling stang since the terminator, 26 mpg highway. And a very smooth gearbox.

Dayze 02-14-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9401906)
I have a 2012 5.0. Its the best car I have ever owned. Refined, best handling stang since the terminator, 26 mpg highway. And a very smooth gearbox.

:hmmm:
You're not helping my patience with getting a muscle car. :p
And if that bastard gets 25mpg (not doubling you), then shit.....my Rabbit gets about 23mpg last time I calculated. jFC.

Warpaint69 02-14-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9401751)
Hmmm. Interesting question.
I'd love to have one. Always been a Chevy guy, but the others look bad ass as well.

I've heard, but I'm sure some others know first hand or not, but the challengers might be a bit heavy?

Tell yea what I'd like is a Cadillac CTS-V with that Vette engine. Good lord. Dude at my apartment complex a few yrs back had one, and that mother was bad ass. He had a pro charger on it as we'll I believe. That car would give you tunnel vision it accelerated so hard, and seemed to never let up.

Nt sure how to embed from the iPad.....:drool:

Your talking about the LS9 :thumb:. Same engine that's in the ZL1 Camaro.