ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert/Joeckel perspective (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272267)

OnTheWarpath15 04-19-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9604559)
I've stated repeatedly that I would LOVE for the Chiefs to grab Nassib, Bray, Barkley - whomever - in the second or third round and develop him.

But the Geno Mafia twists my words into "not wanting a QB". It's ****ing bullshit.

No offense, but because it's ****ing stupid.

Why take a less talented QB like Nassib or Bray when you can take the best QB in the class and develop him?

Pass on Geno or Barkley, (you're not getting Barkley in R2) but spend a pick on a guy that needs more work, and has a higher bust factor...

Makes zero sense.

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9604573)

Why take a less talented QB like Nassib or Bray when you can take the best QB in the class and develop him?

Pass on Geno or Barkley, (you're not getting Barkley in R2) but spend a pick on a guy that needs more work, and has a higher bust factor...

Makes zero sense.

Sorry, that's just the way I see it. I think a guy like Nassib or Barkley or Bray, under the tuteledge of Andy Ried for a few years, would likely pay more dividends than drafting Geno Smith at 1.1 and forcing him to start from Day One.

SAUTO 04-19-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9604572)
Repeating from which talking heads? What the **** is wrong with you?

When have I EVER repeated something from a media source?

And I'm not going to ask again nicely, ****head. Shut the **** about it. It's MY opinion, cockbreath.

I'm not flipping YOU shit because I disagree with YOU, am I? I can, mother****er.

Well firstly asshole. You haven't even watched Geno play.

You are just going by what the talking heads say.

You are flipping EVERYONE shit because you disagree with them dude.

And you can ask nicely out even be mean about it but I will not shut up about it.

Don't like it?

what are you going to do about it?
Posted via Mobile Device

duncan_idaho 04-19-2013 05:10 PM

I originally posted this on another thread, but for any who missed it:

The "Why we don't draft QBs in the first" excuse cycle:

Step 1: Acquire another team's backup QB to be your new starter. Point to his potential and ability to be a leader and keep the team in games. Ignore his inability to WIN games.

Step 2: With a high 1st-round pick, insist there is no QB worthy of that high pick and that it is best to wait until later in the draft and get a similar QB at better value.
- 2A: After all worthwhile QBs go off the board between 1st and 2nd round picks, again point to value and draft BPA.
- 2B: Continue 2A until drafting a Ricky Stanzi/Pat Barnes in Round 5 or later

Step 3: Say you will wait until next year to draft a QB in the 1st and develop a franchise guy.

Step 4: Slog to somewhere between 7-10 wins and talk up how "competitive" your season was and how "close" the team is.

Step 5: When next year comes, watch in feigned dismay as all the "good" QBs go off the board before your pick. Sigh, sell "BPA available" and draft for that, saying "We're too close to winning something big to reach on a QB at this pick. Other needs must be addressed. We'll get a similar QB later at a better value."
- Step 5a: Again watch in dismay as no similar QBs are available by the next pick. Again draft BPA.
- Step 5B: Rinse and repeat 5A until eventually arriving at 2B.

Step 6: Talk up previously acquired backup QB, now-starter and how much talent you've added in the draft around him. Reference "weapons" and "chunks."

Step 7: Repeat Steps 5-6 for 2-3 more years, then reset at Step 1.

SAUTO 04-19-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9604591)
Sorry, that's just the way I see it. I think a guy like Nassib or Barkley or Bray, under the tuteledge of Andy Ried for a few years, would likely pay more dividends than drafting Geno Smith at 1.1 and forcing him to start from Day One.

who had said start Geno day one here?

Everyone in this thread understands Alex is going to start this year.

You are making an argument that doesn't exist
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 04-19-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9604559)
But the Geno Mafia twists my words into "not wanting a QB". It's ****ing bullshit.

I'm not sure they can stop doing it. I think it's a part of their blood oath.

OnTheWarpath15 04-19-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9604591)

Jesus Christ, dude - he wouldn't start from Day One. They wasted a pick on Alex Smith.

He can sit for a year. Wouldn't be the first QB taken high in the draft to do so.

If you're going to develop a guy, develop the BEST guy. Not some slapdick.

SAUTO 04-19-2013 05:11 PM

And I don't see why too need to make it personal dude.

But I guess that's the way you like it
Posted via Mobile Device

duncan_idaho 04-19-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9604573)

Makes zero sense.

This quarterback class is terrible!

No QB worth No. 1 overall!

Better off spending No. 32 overall on the 4th or 5th guy!

Better off spending No. 61 overall on the 7th or 8th best guy!

OnTheWarpath15 04-19-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9604603)
who had said start Geno day one here?

Everyone in this thread understands Alex is going to start this year.

You are making an argument that doesn't exist
Posted via Mobile Device

Beat me to it.

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9604593)
Well firstly asshole. You haven't even watched Geno play.

Right. I'm lying.

JFC.

Quote:

You are just going by what the talking heads say.

And you are dumber than ****.

Quote:

You are flipping EVERYONE shit because you disagree with them dude.

Really? Where have I done that in this thread? Where have I personally called anyone out for their opinion on Geno Smith?

Quote:

And you can ask nicely out even be mean about it but I will not shut up about it.

Don't like it?

what are you going to do about it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, I guess I'll do exactly what you accused me of doing: I'll flip you a massive amount of shit. Deal?

OnTheWarpath15 04-19-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9604602)
I originally posted this on another thread, but for any who missed it:

The "Why we don't draft QBs in the first" excuse cycle:

Step 1: Acquire another team's backup QB to be your new starter. Point to his potential and ability to be a leader and keep the team in games. Ignore his inability to WIN games.

Step 2: With a high 1st-round pick, insist there is no QB worthy of that high pick and that it is best to wait until later in the draft and get a similar QB at better value.
- 2A: After all worthwhile QBs go off the board between 1st and 2nd round picks, again point to value and draft BPA.
- 2B: Continue 1A until drafting a Ricky Stanzi/Pat Barnes in Round 5 or later

Step 3: Say you will wait until next year to draft a QB in the 1st and develop a franchise guy.

Step 4: Slog to somewhere between 7-10 wins and talk up how "competitive" your season was and how "close" the team is.

Step 5: When next year comes, watch in feigned dismay as all the "good" QBs go off the board before your pick. Sigh, sell "BPA available" and draft for that, saying "We're too close to winning something big to reach on a QB at this pick. Other needs must be addressed. We'll get a similar QB later at a better value."
- Step 5a: Again watch in dismay as no similar QBs are available by the next pick. Again draft BPA.
- Step 5B: Rinse and repeat 5A until eventually arriving at 1B.

Step 6: Talk up previously acquired backup QB, now-starter and how much talent you've added in the draft around him. Reference "weapons" and "chunks."

Step 7: Repeat Steps 5-6 for 2-3 more years, then reset at Step 1.

Jesus. This is spot-****ing-on.

Rep.

SAUTO 04-19-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9604567)
Arm strength, size, age.

Yeah that one year makes a huge difference
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9604608)
And I don't see why too need to make it personal dude.

But I guess that's the way you like it
Posted via Mobile Device

**** you, Jason. You made it personal when you accused me of lying, Asshole.

Go stick a tie rod up your ass.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-19-2013 05:14 PM

Compensation wise a 1st and a 2nd is NOTHING when it comes to QB's. Hell we get the vet mentor AND the best QB in the class for that...The Faid got Carson Palmer.