ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Kicker Jay Feely signed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189833)

HypnotizedMonkey 08-25-2008 05:56 PM

Feely will score a shitload of points this season when our offense stalls in the red zone.

DeezNutz 08-25-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4945035)
Per rotoworld.com

Chiefs signed K Jay Feely to a one-year contract.
Feely isn't great on kickoffs, but K.C. won't be doing much of that anyways. The 32-year-old is accurate, having nailed 44 of his last 50 field goal tries. He's a big upgrade over Nick Novak and Connor Barth. Aug. 25 - 5:14 pm et
Source: Kansas City Star

LMAO

Whoa! Good grief...

Am I the only one who feels the slightest bit sorry for Barth and Novak? Neither completely screwed the pooch...yet both were Medlocked.

Wonder about Feely's fantasy value...?

the Talking Can 08-25-2008 06:12 PM

good

HemiEd 08-25-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4944881)
Herm love him some field goals.

FAX

Yeah, he is probably "sportin' some wood" right now.

HemiEd 08-25-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 4945048)
I heard its a 1 year 8 million dollar deal so our front office doesn't have to do any thing else to get above the minimum payroll level.

ROFL

dtebbe 08-25-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysbar (Post 4944940)
It's a kicker....

Yea right... the kicker is the one player who can single handily win or lose the game more than any other player on the field. To pretend they are "not football players" is
http://www.edu.lahti.fi/~hmpniemi/ed...t%20friend.jpg

FAX 08-25-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 4945125)
Whoa! Good grief...

Am I the only one who feels the slightest bit sorry for Barth and Novak? Neither completely screwed the pooch...yet both were Medlocked.

Wonder about Feely's fantasy value...?

Me. I feel that way. We should have seen this coming, though. Herm love him some veteran field goal kicker.

FAX

Buehler445 08-25-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 4944836)
He's 31, which is by no means Morten Andersen or John Carney territory. Relax.

I didn't say he was REALLY old, or even that Novak and Barth are better.

I know it isn't that big of a deal, but the premise of young guys will play, young guys will have to make plays to win the game was not applied here. The fact remains that we are STILL picking up other teams cast offs. Feely wasn't a cap casualty, he was cut. That means the Fins front office thinks they've got a guy BETTER than Feely. So we get what's left.

I was pulling for Barth. I was hoping our tenure of shitty talent evaluation was done. I was hoping he would come through and be a decent kicker. But no. We get other teams table scraps.

I like Feely. He did good things in NY and apprently was pretty accurate in Miami, but I'm kinda torqued that we gave up on the kid.

Is this Kendrell Bell? No. But it's still reverting to the old ways, and I'm not very happy about it.

JMO

ChiefsCountry 08-25-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4945221)
Herm love him some veteran field goal kicker.

FAX

Ironically he has drafted two.

Tiger's Fan 08-25-2008 06:51 PM

If Barth couldn't clearly beat out a POS like Novak, then we didn't need him. Best signing of the Herm era, which aint sayin much.

Baby Lee 08-25-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtebbe (Post 4945212)
Yea right... the kicker is the one player who can single handily win or lose the game more than any other player on the field. To pretend they are "not football players" is
http://www.edu.lahti.fi/~hmpniemi/ed...t%20friend.jpg

It's not that they aren't important. It's that they aren't integral to growing together as a team. Gelling as a team is getting in rhythm in the passing game, coordinating assignments, whether in blocking on O or coverage assignments on D. If you can kick off and kick field goals, you can export that talent anywhere without upsetting them chemistry of the rest of the team [unless you're a smaque talker like a certain Colts kicker].
The ONLY thing that matters about them is how reliably they can put the ball between the uprights and how far they can kick off RIGHT NOW. Not his age, not his pedigree, not his historical ties to the team.
He's a very specific tool.

Mecca 08-25-2008 07:26 PM

To Herm Kicker is far and away the most important position...he can start a young QB but not kicker.....does this really make any sense?

DeezNutz 08-25-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4945221)
Me. I feel that way. We should have seen this coming, though. Herm love him some veteran field goal kicker.

FAX

Good to know, Mr. Fax. Normally I have the emotional range of the Terminator (first half of Judgement Day), but there's something about a floundering young kicker that makes me reminisce about simpler times and BYOB strip clubs.

banyon 08-25-2008 07:42 PM

Now we're taking the Dolphins' garbage? Good lord.

smittysbar 08-25-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 4945347)
It's not that they aren't important. It's that they aren't integral to growing together as a team. Gelling as a team is getting in rhythm in the passing game, coordinating assignments, whether in blocking on O or coverage assignments on D. If you can kick off and kick field goals, you can export that talent anywhere without upsetting them chemistry of the rest of the team [unless you're a smaque talker like a certain Colts kicker].
The ONLY thing that matters about them is how reliably they can put the ball between the uprights and how far they can kick off RIGHT NOW. Not his age, not his pedigree, not his historical ties to the team.
He's a very specific tool.

I guess that is to much for some to comprehend