ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Finding Bigfoot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268859)

munkey 01-13-2013 09:23 PM

Finding Bigfoot

I would love to set up a practical joke on these idiots...I seriously can't believe this show is even funded much less reeruns are being paid for this shit... Unreal!!!!

lewdog 01-13-2013 10:00 PM

Welcome to Montana

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-bigfoot-hoax/

Easy 6 01-14-2013 10:46 AM

I think they get set up by the locals on atleast half of the trips they take.

munkey 01-14-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9316999)
I think they get set up by the locals on atleast half of the trips they take.

I'm sure they do....I think it's funny how they've never really seen or heard one yet know it's call....It's the only show on tv right now that I can't stomach due to it's shere stupidity :rolleyes:

Cheater5 01-14-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9317435)
I'm sure they do....I think it's funny how they've never really seen or heard one yet know it's call....It's the only show on tv right now that I can't stomach due to it's shere stupidity :rolleyes:

NOT defending the show, and I agree that 'Finding Bigfoot' is very repetitive from week to week (same formula and entirely predictable) and Bobo is a complete goof that erodes any credibility.

BUT...do a search on Bigfoot calls. I was screwing around a couple weeks back and played some recordings on YouTube and my dogs were weirded out. At first they cocked their heads, then growled and stood up and looked at me with the hair on their necks/backs raised- it truly freaked me out a little. One thing is for sure, they didnt like it at all.

They're not bothered by music, weapons fire, other dogs barking...practically nothing at all. I have never seen them act that way before or since. So, for what it's worth- interesting if nothing else.

Fish 01-14-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9317465)
NOT defending the show, and I agree that 'Finding Bigfoot' is very repetitive from week to week (same formula and entirely predictable) and Bobo is a complete goof that erodes any credibility.

BUT...do a search on Bigfoot calls. I was screwing around a couple weeks back and played some recordings on YouTube and my dogs were weirded out. At first they cocked their heads, then growled and stood up and looked at me with the hair on their necks/backs raised- it truly freaked me out a little. One thing is for sure, they didnt like it at all.

They're not bothered by music, weapons fire, other dogs barking...practically nothing at all. I have never seen them act that way before or since. So, for what it's worth- interesting if nothing else.

We have no proof that this creature exists. No fossil records, no DNA, no hair samples. Nothing except fuzzy pictures and tall tales.

But your dogs weirded out over a Youtube video, so who knows...?

Seems legit.

Cheater5 01-14-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9317496)
We have no proof that this creature exists. No fossil records, no DNA, no hair samples. Nothing except fuzzy pictures and tall tales.

But your dogs weirded out over a Youtube video, so who knows...?

Seems legit.

Yes, yes; that is precisely what I am suggesting. :rolleyes:

Fish 01-14-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9317527)
Yes, yes; that is precisely what I am suggesting. :rolleyes:

OK. Then why do you find that interesting?

mr. tegu 01-14-2013 02:10 PM

I like the show (though they need to put more substance in them) and I find the whole bigfoot thing to be very interesting :shrug:

Cheater5 01-14-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9317543)
OK. Then why do you find that interesting?

I have spent quite a bit of time in the woods, both professionally and for recreation. I have also lived in the Pacific Northwest (reputed Bigfoot 'hot spot') and gone camping and hunted in Washington and Idaho- I'm no Steve Irwin, but fairly familiar (seen/heard/smelled) a good many four legged animals that are common to North America. I have experienced nothing that I could not identify. My dogs always go with me- and have never reacted to an animal call before like they did when I was screwing around on the internet for sh*ts and giggles.

Yes, I found it amusing and strange that my dogs- who have senses far more acute than we- were startled by a recording of a supposed bigfoot. I state the incident (which is fact) as an interesting anecdote related to the subject of the thread.

Good enough for you?

O.city 01-14-2013 03:26 PM

Listen to the "Sierra Sounds', it'll freak your shit out.

Easy 6 01-14-2013 04:53 PM

Just like with ufo's, there are WAY too many very knowledgable, standup citizens who have flat out said they've seen them.

One of the best i've seen was an interview with a still active Oklahoma game warden, knows the animals of that state like the back of his hand, and he has seen one no farther than the length of his truck from him.

This show is a goof, but there are too many witnesses like the guy above out there for me to dismiss it out of hand.

threebag 01-14-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9317965)
Listen to the "Sierra Sounds', it'll freak your shit out.

I was waiting for "everybodies heard about the bird..."

Fish 01-14-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9318310)
Just like with ufo's, there are WAY too many very knowledgable, standup citizens who have flat out said they've seen them.

"Who all seen the Leprechaun? Say yeah!"

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/117...sinalabama.png

Frazod 01-14-2013 06:48 PM

We need to get LiveSteam to post his bigfoot story here. It's a good one.