ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Trent 4th best QB in AFC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130694)

Kclee 12-07-2005 08:58 AM

Trent 4th best QB in AFC

according to Mike and Mike in the morning. They were ranking the QB's and have Manning, Brady, and Palmer ahead of Trent. Then Brees, and Plummer. Everyone has been questioning Jake again since the K.C. game. Anyone notice that? Like on PTI they talked about Jake going back to his old self because of the KC game. I love it, I hope it gets in his head and he chokes per usual.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-07-2005 09:02 AM

The NFL Network guys on Jake Plummer last night, and I quote...

"When people show you who they are, believe them the first time."

I totally agree with that. Jake is crap, and will always be crap. The thing is, is he will be inconsistent crap.

carlos3652 12-07-2005 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder
The NFL Network guys on Jake Plummer last night, and I quote...

"When people show you who they are, believe them the first time."

I totally agree with that. Jake is crap, and will always be crap. The thing is, is he will be inconsistent crap.

IMHO, Jake made some plays where they were none on Sunday... yes he did get intercepted twice and he made the most mistakes all year (bar the Miami game maybe). But Jake has played well this year - Kinda ala Drew Brees last year (all those years of sucking and then finally playing better)...

He is not elite but he is better than most...

bkkcoh 12-07-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kclee
according to Mike and Mike in the morning. They were ranking the QB's and have Manning, Brady, and Palmer ahead of Trent. Then Brees, and Plummer. Everyone has been questioning Jake again since the K.C. game. Anyone notice that? Like on PTI they talked about Jake going back to his old self because of the KC game. I love it, I hope it gets in his head and he chokes per usual.

Isn't it about time the Broncos start their slide? I am pretty sure that the Chief's fans have anticipated this happening the last couple of weeks. To them, and me, it was just a matter of time.

Gaz 12-07-2005 09:32 AM

As much as I would like to see it...

I doubt the Broncos will lose to the Ravens, Bills or Raiders.

xoxo~
Gaz
As optimistic as the next guy, but…

milkman 12-07-2005 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652
IMHO, Jake made some plays where they were none on Sunday... yes he did get intercepted twice and he made the most mistakes all year (bar the Miami game maybe). But Jake has played well this year - Kinda ala Drew Brees last year (all those years of sucking and then finally playing better)...

That is the Fake, in a nutshell.

He has always had the ability to make plays where there weren't any.
But he also makes boneheaded decisions when he's trying to make plays that cost his team.

Those boneheaded decisions have been more frequent over the last couple of seasons.
The Rat essentially cut the field this season in half for the Fake, in hopes of limiting his mistakes, and it has worked, for the most part.

But the Fake showed his dumbass side again on Sunday when the Chiefs shut down the Donkey RBs.

As for the Brees comment, how many years could he have sucked?

He's in his 4th season.

He really only had one bad season, his second.

I'm not a Brees fan, but the fact is, he was just learning, and he had horrible O-Line play.

I found it amazing, and amusing, that the Bolts were ready to throw in the towel on that guy.

Frankie 12-07-2005 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652

A fair assessment. :thumb: I still hate Jake, but fair is fair. Rep for not putting on homer glasses.

Gaz 12-07-2005 09:45 AM

I think "Fake" is a bit harsh...

Plummer is a fine QB as long as he is not expected to carry the team on his shoulders. But let us be fair, how many QBs CAN carry the team?

Plummer is going to give you some pretty good plays, but you have to take the amazingly stupid ones as well. As long as the running game is churning out the yardage, the stupid-to-good ratio is low and he looks like a very good QB. Put the onus of victory on him, and the ratio skyrockets.

That is true of most QBs in the NFL.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks Plummer might do okay with KC’s Offense.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-07-2005 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
That is the Fake, in a nutshell.

He has always had the ability to make plays where there weren't any.
But he also makes boneheaded decisions when he's trying to make plays that cost his team.

Those boneheaded decisions have been more frequent over the last couple of seasons.
The Rat essentially cut the field this season in half for the Fake, in hopes of limiting his mistakes, and it has worked, for the most part.

But the Fake showed his dumbass side again on Sunday when the Chiefs shut down the Donkey RBs.

As for the Brees comment, how many years could he have sucked?

He's in his 4th season.

He really only had one bad season, his second.

I'm not a Brees fan, but the fact is, he was just learning, and he had horrible O-Line play.

I found it amazing, and amusing, that the Bolts were ready to throw in the towel on that guy.

All you have to do to stop their offense, and win the game depending how good you are on offense, is stop the running game and you'll win. The Fake won't beat you. There are many things in life that aren't guaranteed, but that is one of them- Jake Plummer is destined not to beat you.

Frankie 12-07-2005 09:48 AM

All I know is I would have taken Plummer over Grbac in a heartbeat.

Kclee 12-07-2005 09:51 AM

Plummer has played very good this year. I just think you can get in his head and old Jake will start to show. No one has got in his head yet this year, save for maybe the KC game. Hell, Warfield should of had a pick 6 in the game too. I'm just hopeing that Arrowhead is the game that gets in his head and the downward play starts happening. Maybe not though, the old Jake may be gone for good. :shrug:

jidar 12-07-2005 09:55 AM

There were years where we would have been happy to have a QB like Plummer in KC.
That said he's no Trent Green.

ct 12-07-2005 10:35 AM

Funny that everyone is baggin on Plummer for throwing 2 picks, when Trent did too.

That said, I'll take Trent over Jake anyday.

pikesome 12-07-2005 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie

I'd take the clap over Grbac. And no, I'm not kidding.

KCTitus 12-07-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie

Yeah, at the time, I could have gone with that.