ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   NFLmocks.com has us drafting..... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283286)

In58men 04-28-2014 03:06 PM

NFLmocks.com has us drafting.....

#23 – Kansas City Chiefs – Brandin Cooks – WR – Oregon State

Andy Reid loves receivers who can run and few do it better in this 2014 NFL mock draft. Brandin Cooks doesn’t have much height to offer at 5’10″ but his speed, agility, hands and vision make him something the Kansas City Chiefs don’t have, and should want.

nflmocks.com/2014/04/26/2014-nfl-mock-draft-update-trade-fever/

Thoughts?

Saccopoo 04-28-2014 03:08 PM

Sounds okay to me.

OldSchool 04-28-2014 03:13 PM

That's fine.

The Franchise 04-28-2014 03:15 PM

:clap:

planetdoc 04-28-2014 04:58 PM

I was amazed just looking at Cooks and Bekham's combine video. Cooks was playing so much faster than everyone else (watch from 18s mark).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XV-Qx2eH8S4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SAUTO 04-28-2014 05:31 PM

In
Posted via Mobile Device

farmerchief 04-28-2014 06:34 PM

About time we draft a playmaker, I'm good!

OldSchool 04-28-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10591385)
I was amazed just looking at Cooks and Bekham's combine video. Cooks was playing so much faster than everyone else (watch from 18s mark).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XV-Qx2eH8S4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He was so quick that he dropped the ball . . . He looks so damn tiny and has such short arms though. We'll still need to draft a potential #1 WR either later in this draft or next year, to be groom to replace Bowe in 2-3 years.

QFFL 04-28-2014 08:39 PM

Most of the mock drafts let us take a WR in the first round. I actually prefer to wait on WRs. I believe the 2nd tier WRs after Watkins and Evans are not that far apart from 3rd tier WRs.

I am confident Andy Reid will be able to find a very good one in the 2nd or even 3rd round.

DTLB58 04-28-2014 08:43 PM

Better than a OG but I think I prefer Beckham.

planetdoc 04-28-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10591620)
He was so quick that he dropped the ball . . . He looks so damn tiny and has such short arms though. We'll still need to draft a potential #1 WR either later in this draft or next year, to be groom to replace Bowe in 2-3 years.

size matters. It made a difference to the packers as well. Its no surprise that the top NFL WR over the last 2yrs have been well over 6' tall.

Dorsey obviously likes tall corners (to match up with tall wrs). It just makes sense that he wouldnt waste premium picks on short wrs.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-28-2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QFFL (Post 10591852)
Most of the mock drafts let us take a WR in the first round. I actually prefer to wait on WRs. I believe the 2nd tier WRs after Watkins and Evans are not that far apart from 3rd tier WRs.

I am confident Andy Reid will be able to find a very good one in the 2nd or even 3rd round.

Great first post...minus the whole 2nd rnd pick that we do not have at the moment.

Saccopoo 04-29-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10592039)
Great first post...minus the whole 2nd rnd pick that we do not have at the moment.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/27...nochildren.gif

spanky 52 04-29-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QFFL (Post 10591852)

Welcome to CP. Hope you have thick skin cause some of these guys can be brutal. I agree that the Chiefs can find a wr in later rounds. It wasn't the offense that lost that playoff game. I'm hoping for either a pass rusher or cb in the first.

Saccopoo 04-29-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10591876)
size matters. It made a difference to the packers as well. Its no surprise that the top NFL WR over the last 2yrs have been well over 6' tall.

Dorsey obviously likes tall corners (to match up with tall wrs). It just makes sense that he wouldnt waste premium picks on short wrs.

It's what worries me about Cooks as well in terms of his long term success potential at the next level as a true #1 WR. I don't think he's that guy. However, with Bowe on the roster, I don't think he needs to be that guy and would provide the team with a Randall Cobb/DeSean Jackson level guy.

It's obvious that Reid doesn't mind that type of receiver in his system as McCluster was basically the featured receiver for the entire season due to Bowe's inability to focus/be in shape/catch the ball/run routes/etc. until the final game. I think that Cooks is every bit the receiver that McCluster was in this offense and has substantially more burst and seperation than McC.

Now, I don't think that Beckham has the height limitations of Cooks due to his ridiculously long arms and huge hands and vertical. I do think he's got the capability of being a true #1 WR.

However, I wouldn't bitch if Cooks was the pick. He's a hell of a receiver and has great focus and instincts on the field. He uses his hands well to catch the ball away from his body and high points well. He also has very good feet and hips and turns into the ball well as well as gets himself right and upfield in a hurry. He'd be a huge boon to the offense. And they did attempt to sign another guy who could be considered a smaller, fast receiver in Sanders.

They could do worse than Cooks with that pick and he'd be a player that would immediately contribute.