ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Matt Stairs picked up by the Tigers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147822)

Hammock Parties 09-15-2006 02:35 PM

Matt Stairs picked up by the Tigers

I guess the Rangers released Matt Stairs recently, prompting the Tigers to bring the well deserving guy to their team. I'm really happy for stairs, he's most likely going to get to play in the playoffs this year, after putting up with shitty baseball for the past couple of years with the royals. I was hoping that the twins and whitesox passed up the tigers, but now that Stairsie is playing for the tigers, i hope its the twins and tigers, which is looking to be the likely scenario now.

Good luck matty, I bet he's happy

teedubya 09-15-2006 02:38 PM

What prospect did we get for Stairs? Regardless... looks like a good deal.

heh

HolmeZz 09-15-2006 02:40 PM

I don't think he can play in the playoffs. I think you had to be in the team's organization by September 1st to be eligible for a playoff roster.

Hammock Parties 09-15-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs
What prospect did we get for Stairs? Regardless... looks like a good deal.

heh

Im not sure, somebody will probably know that will be on later or something. But yah, it didnt take long for the rangers to realized that they weren't in the hunt to get rid of stairs.

Hammock Parties 09-15-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
I don't think he can play in the playoffs. I think you had to be in the team's organization by September 1st to be eligible for a playoff roster.

hm... you may be right, but why would they get him now? he's definitely not younger, he'll probably retire after this season

tk13 09-15-2006 02:43 PM

I don't think he can play in the playoffs either. Sept. 1 is supposed to be the cutoff date. I think it's just a move to try and keep them from falling out of the race.

HolmeZz 09-15-2006 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawkerman2001
hm... you may be right, but why would they get him now? he's definitely not younger, he'll probably retire after this season

Probably to help them down the stretch. They're not a lock to make the postseason yet.

Hammock Parties 09-15-2006 02:45 PM

Man, it almost looked as if they would totally make the playoffs by a huge ass margin, but now they only lead by 1.5..... thats insane

tk13 09-15-2006 02:47 PM

I've seen people joke that it's the curse of Neifi Perez. Detroit had a big lead when they traded for him to fill in at 2B, and since then they haven't been very good. Probably a coincidence, but funny.

Frazod 09-15-2006 02:49 PM

The Tigers are in freefall right now, which really sucks, because I absolutely detest the Twins, and they're playing great right now. The way Detroit and Chicago are playing lately, I don't see anything keeping those dome pussy scumbags out of the playoffs.

:cuss:

teedubya 09-15-2006 02:49 PM

New Royals general manager Dayton Moore continued Monday to do whatever he can to improve his organization for the future, trading 38-year-old Matt Stairs to the Rangers. Continuing a theme of most of Moore's initial deals, Kansas City acquired a promising if erratic arm in Triple-A righthander Joselo Diaz.

chiefqueen 09-15-2006 03:52 PM

The Tigers are cursed because they have Neifi.