ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

Buck 04-25-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7590932)
He's a perfect Joffrey.

The kids are almost all perfect. The only one I don't like so far...Sansa.

Although they haven't shown much of the Stark boys yet.

Yeah but Jon and Robb are supposed to be 15 I think? Jon looks like he's 17-18 and Robb looks like he's 20.

I wasn't exactly blown away by Joffrey in that first scene with Tyrion, but in the Butcher-Boy scene and the punishment scene he blew it away.

keg in kc 04-25-2011 07:46 PM

IIRC Jon's 16 or 17 in the books, and Robb 14. It makes sense to have them a bit older in the show. Although part of what throws me with Sansa is how old she looks.

Miles 04-25-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7590990)
IIRC Jon's 16 or 17 in the books, and Robb 14. It makes sense to have them a bit older in the show. Although part of what throws me with Sansa is how old she looks.

John and Robb both look like they are mid-20's which is a little distracting when they refer to their actual ages.

TrickyNicky 04-25-2011 08:06 PM

Or it could be that the Stark bloodline runs so far back in the north that the male children grow full beards at age 15 to combat the cold.

allen_kcCard 04-25-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7590900)
Wasn't the King married to starks sister and she was murdered? Or have I got that wrong?

In love and going to be married. She was killed by the previous king to Robert who they have called the mad king a few times already, which there will be a lot more on later to learn more about it.

Something else they didn't cover in the book that was early on was that Ned and Robert were raised essentially as brothers as wards to Jon Arryn. They were further linked with the relationship of the mentioned relationship above, which would have also linked two strong houses of Stark and Baratheon.

keg in kc 04-25-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 7591127)
Not necessarily. Robert makes mention of killing "him" in his dreams over and over for what happened with Lyanna. It is a reference to Prince Rhaegar, whom Robert killed in the Battle on the Trident during his rebellion.

We're sort of treading on spoilery ground here, so should probably be careful. At this point in the story I think you're correct in that we (the readers and now viewers) believe it was Rhaegar that killed her. And I'm 99% sure Robert mentioned Rhaegar by name last night, when they were eating together and talking about the past.

allen_kcCard 04-25-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 7591127)
Not necessarily. Robert makes mention of killing "him" in his dreams over and over for what happened with Lyanna. It is a reference to Prince Rhaegar, whom Robert killed in the Battle on the Trident during his rebellion.

Inferred then, but I don't think the trident and such has been mentioned yet.

Ahh, and yes I suppose I did say the king killed her, I should have said her death led to the rebellion against the king and the Targaryen's in general.

Sfeihc 04-25-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7590928)
This kid is doing a really good job of acting like a douche.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/qqvol0.jpg

Me thinks this one is the product of incest & NOT the Kings son.

BigRedChief 04-25-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 7591188)
Inferred then, but I don't think the trident and such has been mentioned yet.

Ahh, and yes I suppose I did say the king killed her, I should have said her death led to the rebellion against the king and the Targaryen's in general.

is this a spoiler?

keg in kc 04-25-2011 09:29 PM

I don't think anything about the Rebellion or the Battle of the Trident has been mentioned on the show yet.

I'd assume that stuff will begin to fill in once they reach King's Landing.

BigRedChief 04-25-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7591269)
I don't think anything about the Rebellion or the Battle of the Trident has been mentioned on the show yet.

What rebellion? Battle of trident? Sounds like book stuff. You guys are going to have to do better in spoiler free zone.

keg in kc 04-25-2011 10:26 PM

That was precisely the point I was making.

WoodDraw 04-25-2011 11:22 PM

You guys suck at not giving out spoilers. Not every comment by someone watching the show needs the input from the "experts" here.

Here are the new rules:

Before posting, asking yourself, "If I was watching the series and hadn't read the books yet, would I want to read what I'm about to say?"

If the answer is "maybe", play it safe and STFU.

Tribal Warfare 04-25-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 7591231)
Me thinks this one is the product of incest & NOT the Kings son.

if so, not full- reerun enough

Swanman 04-26-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7591269)

It is backstory that may or may not be filled in depending on time.