ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

Fish 04-27-2011 11:41 AM

I'd love to have a few swings at the little one who sucks the penis myself. Man I hate that character....

Pants 04-27-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7595549)
I'd love to have a few swings at the little one who sucks the penis myself. Man I hate that character....

I would chain both Sansa and him to the same cinder block and push them into the water.

DJ's left nut 04-27-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7595549)

Having just started the book, I still see him as Justin Beiber when I'm reading.

That kid in the show somehow seems more like a 'cool' snob. Almost like a rich jock in HS. The Joffrey I get from the books is more of mean, bumbling shithead. There's nothing detached or callous about his snobbery like there is in the show - he's just a mean bully of a kid that hides behind his rank.

I honestly think the TV show gives him too much credit.

DJ's left nut 04-27-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7595571)
I would chain both Sansa and him to the same cinder block and push them into the water.

Can't bring myself to hate Sansa.

She's a snob, but she's been raised that way. I don't believe she's mean spirited or means ill, she just thinks the way she acts is the way a 'proper lady' should behave. I don't think she understood the gravity of the situation with Aria/Joffrey situation and is otherwise just something of a immature child that's trying to be what her mother and teacher expects her to be.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to hate her, but to this point I just can't.

Pants 04-27-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7595588)
Can't bring myself to hate Sansa.

She's a snob, but she's been raised that way. I don't believe she's mean spirited or means ill, she just thinks the way she acts is the way a 'proper lady' should behave. I don't think she understood the gravity of the situation with Aria/Joffrey situation and is otherwise just something of a immature child that's trying to be what her mother and teacher expects her to be.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to hate her, but to this point I just can't.

I'm on of the people who have read the book, I hate Sansa with a passion. I think it's very doubtful she was taught to lie to the king. She's a ****ing idiot.

underEJ 04-27-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7595607)
I'm on of the people who have read the book, I hate Sansa with a passion. I think it's very doubtful she was taught to lie to the king. She's a ****ing idiot.

On the show, the queen clearly knew she was just outside the room waiting to be called in. I have to assume she planted the forgot/didn't see story. Who knows what she promised her in return.

keg in kc 04-27-2011 12:22 PM

My TV reaction is the same as my book reaction: apathy.

Sansa is perhaps the least interesting character. Maybe because she's the most generic.

Pants 04-27-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7595674)
My TV reaction is the same as my book reaction: apathy.

Sansa is perhaps the least interesting character. Maybe because she's the most generic.

You never got angry at her?

keg in kc 04-27-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7595685)
You never got angry at her?

Not really, no. I was mostly angry with George RR for making me read another chapter that I really didn't give a shit about.

It's sort of like my initial reaction to Dany. They're there. I wish I was reading about somebody else.

Pants 04-27-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7595696)
Not really, no. I was mostly angry with George RR for making me read another chapter that I really didn't give a shit about.

It's sort of like my initial reaction to Dany. They're there. I wish I was reading about somebody else.

I can't really discuss Sansa too much because of possible spoilers, but I just can't believe that her not telling the truth to Robert in Ep2 didn't anger you at all.

Swanman 04-27-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7595720)
I can't really discuss Sansa too much because of possible spoilers, but I just can't believe that her not telling the truth to Robert in Ep2 didn't anger you at all.

My wife's reaction was, "that stupid little bitch deserves whatever she gets".

Pants 04-27-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7595744)
My wife's reaction was, "that stupid little bitch deserves whatever she gets".

Zactly.

Buck 04-27-2011 12:50 PM

Hey dickwads, don't discuss the book in here. Kthx

Pants 04-27-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7595789)
Hey dickwads, don't discuss the book in here. Kthx

mah bad

keg in kc 04-27-2011 12:55 PM

Nobody has 'discussed the book'. All I've done is discuss how my reaction to Sansa is the same with the show as it was with the book. Not even a smidgen of other information was presented.

:p