ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Draft Party at Arrowhead Training Facility (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=162009)

Braincase 04-27-2007 08:44 AM

Draft Party at Arrowhead Training Facility

Who's going to be there? I'll be there - big bald guy with a ChiefsPlanet hat.

Mecca 04-27-2007 08:46 AM

Whatever player is out there.......you hope the Chiefs pick a player at his position so he can make the pissed off face.

Braincase 04-27-2007 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Whatever player is out there.......you hope the Chiefs pick a player at his position so he can make the pissed off face.

I'm guessing the player there will be able to knock out a bouncer.

Skyy God 04-27-2007 09:02 AM

I'm going to the Rams' version. Gotta like free tickets.

jab0450 04-27-2007 09:37 AM

Im gonna try going. Do you have to park in arrowheads parking lot, or do you park in the facility parking lot? Just curious.

Phobia 04-27-2007 09:41 AM

You park in the Arrowhead lot and they have a shuttle that will pick you up.

Parking is free.

The draft party is vastly overrated, IMO.

kepp 04-27-2007 09:43 AM

Just be sure to yell out, "Hey! He wasn't even in my magazine!"

Eleazar 04-27-2007 10:18 AM

I'd like to go sometime, just to do it once. Can't do it this weekend though.

Phobia 04-27-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I'd like to go sometime, just to do it once. Can't do it this weekend though.

If you'd like to duplicate the experience go to the mall at Christmas with ESPN playing in the background.

Eleazar 04-27-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
If you'd like to duplicate the experience go to the mall at Christmas with ESPN playing in the background.

So, it's just a big mob? What is the general situation?

I'd probably wait for a year where we picked in or near the top 5. I could do an hour or two, but I wouldn't want to hang out there until friggin 5PM.

Phobia 04-27-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

So, it's just a big mob? What is the general situation?

I'd probably wait for a year where we picked in or near the top 5. I could do an hour or two, but I wouldn't want to hang out there until friggin 5PM.

It's like being locked in the food court of a big mall for a Chiefs pep-rally. Seriously. Except all the food choices are cafeteria quality and the beer is all pisswater.

Eleazar 04-27-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

It's like being locked in the food court of a big mall for a Chiefs pep-rally. Seriously. Except all the food choices are cafeteria quality and the beer is all pisswater.

Alright then, thanks for the warning. :shake:

Phobia 04-27-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Alright then, thanks for the warning. :shake:

I'm guessing that you could have a good time if you took a bunch of your friends but at $25 a head you could throw a pretty good party and watch at your own pad with internet access to research picks.

Literally, they play ESPN all day except for the few minutes where they give the microphone to a couple of players who attend (last year it was Eddie Kennison and somebody else) and cheerleaders.

If it were a free event, that would be another story but I can think of a lot of stuff I'd rather spend my $25 on.

Phobia 04-27-2007 11:12 AM

FWIW, I'd like other perspectives on the draft party. I don't want to unfairly label it if it was just me.

Anybody else go and have a different experience?

ChiefsCountry 04-27-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

FWIW, I'd like other perspectives on the draft party. I don't want to unfairly label it if it was just me.

Anybody else go and have a different experience?

Your 100% right on.