ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Aturnis, raiderhader,...etc. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=17519)

Chiefs Pantalones 07-05-2001 03:52 PM

Aturnis, raiderhader,...etc.

You get a bunch of pkgs of sparklers, take them out of the pkgs, (no more than 10) and wrap them together in duct tape, with the tip of one sticking out that works as the fuse, and make sure you stick the tip of the sparkler out far enough, so you can have time to run (reason: shrapnel)

when wrapping it up in duct tape, make sure you wrap it tight (DON'T WRAP THE WOODEN PART UP, ONLY THE SPARKLER PART OF THE STICK, AND START WRAPPING IT FROM WHERE IT (SPARKLER) BEGINS AND WORK YOUR WAY UP AND STICK ONE OF THE SPARKLERS OUT FOR A FUSE, AND THEN WRAP DOWN AGAIN AND CUT OFF TAPE AND YOU'RE READY TO GO.

If you have any questions, and if I need to be more specific, just tell me.

morphius 07-05-2001 03:57 PM

A buddy at work did this for the first time last night, it took a while for it to go off, like a minute or so, so if it doesn't go off right away you need to be alert.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-05-2001 04:03 PM

Morph,

Did it shoot out shrapnel-like stuff, ours did, I didn't know it would do that.

CG

hope I don't get arrested for alledged bomb instructing on the internet:eek:

Rick Stephens 07-05-2001 04:41 PM

Living in the People's Republic of California where buying any type of firework that makes a good bang for the buck we have gone to using the acetylene and oxygen filled trash bag. Have any of you tried this? It will rock your neighborhood.

BIG_DADDY 07-05-2001 05:00 PM

Rick,

How are you getting detonation?

Rick Stephens 07-05-2001 05:09 PM

Big Daddy,

We use a hand generator for a claymore mine that we got at an army surplus store. Attach a peanut type flashbulb with the tip cut off to the wires, stick inside the trash bag, squeeze the generator in your hand and when it goes off sounds like a 105 mm Howitzer!!!!!

BIG_DADDY 07-05-2001 05:22 PM

WOW, sounds like fun. There are more illegal fireworks here in the republic every year. I lived Union City a few years back and everyone was setting off the huge ones in the the street right in front of their house. This is 8 blocks from the police station. I noticed many more of the medium sized ones this year in San Mateo. Everyone shoots them out of their back yards though, in fear of the police.

Rick Stephens 07-05-2001 05:35 PM

Big Daddy,

The grand finale was three of these set off at the same time. You could feel the house lift up and come back down. There were windows blown out of some houses. When the police showed up the only evidence were plastic strips left laying in the street. Needless to say no one knew where it came from.

Joe Seahawk 07-05-2001 05:37 PM

If you put a small piece of dry ice in a A 2 litre plastic pop bottle and add a small amount of water and screw the top back on it makes a suprisingly loud explosion after several seconds...

Or so I've heard.

aturnis 07-05-2001 07:22 PM

Codeman.......

Thanks for the info, I think I'm gonna hafta try this.

Rick, I'm gonna need the recipe for you trash-bag-o-fun in lamens terms, I don't know what acetylene is, and go into more depth in your explaination of the detinator, sorry but it sounds fun. Thanks guys...

Rick Stephens 07-05-2001 08:03 PM

Aturnis,

Get an oxygen and acetylene welding torch. Turn the oxygen and acetylene on but do not light the torch. Place the torch inside of a plastic trash bag with the gases turned on. After the bag begins to expand to desired amount of inflation remove the torch. Tie off the end of the bag. Be carefull as this is now highly explosive. Select place to ignite. Lay on ground, throw a firecracker or cigarette on bag and watch for fireball and explosion. DO NOT STAND NEAR BAG.

We like to use a hand held generator purchased at an Army surplus store. It was made for setting of claymore mines. It is a simple hand held generator which produces an electric charge when given a squeeze of the hand. We attach a peanut flashbulb for a camera to the wires from the generator, take a pair of wirecutters and snip off the tip of the flashbulb so that when it flashes it will ignite the mixture of oxygen and acetylene gas inside the trash bag. Stand back and enjoy the thunderous BANG.

DanT 07-05-2001 09:32 PM

Joe,

I've heard that those 2-liter shatterproof beverage containers really aren't shatterproof. Believe it or not, they do in fact shatter when an M-80 is ignited inside one. That's what I've heard, anyway.

Raiderhater 07-05-2001 10:51 PM

Cody,
when you say no more than ten, do you mean ten sparklers or ten packages?

Joe Seahawk 07-05-2001 10:59 PM

Dan, I've often wondered what would happen if you used a plastic 55 gallon drum...:eek:

Chiefs Pantalones 07-05-2001 11:04 PM

raiderhader,

No more than 10 pkgs. (packages).