ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

htismaqe 01-27-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9355608)
He was playing even better this year before the concussion. But the bottom line is that he was never in Harbaugh's long term plans.

I can think of way worse scenarios than Alex Smith paired with Andy Reid for a few years.

If we want to bring in Alex Smith to bridge the gap until a rookie is ready, that's one thing.

Bringing him in here to be the long term answer is silly.

The Bad Guy 01-27-2013 04:03 PM

15 positions of need?

Get the **** out of here.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9355613)
Smith will have far more attractive options than holding down the fort for eight games.

If they take a QB at #1 overall, I don't want to hear ANY excuses: That mother****er better start DAY ONE.

Yep, he better.

And if they bring in Alex Smith, we better make the playoffs.

Hootie 01-27-2013 04:06 PM

Alex Smith will get a starting job somewhere. No doubt.

SAUTO 01-27-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9355617)
15 positions of need?

Get the **** out of here.

Well we only had six probowlers and another first alternate.

15 is what is left
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9355611)
he didn't do them any favors in winning it, either

He did more than Brady the following week. He also didn't fumble.

There is NO guarantee that the top QB in the draft picks up where Smith left off this season in San Fran.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9355615)
If we want to bring in Alex Smith to bridge the gap until a rookie is ready, that's one thing.

Bringing him in here to be the long term answer is silly.

I think it all depends on Reid's opinion of the QB's in this draft. If he sees a guy that will be ready in two years, I could see Smith signed in KC. If its less than two years, it needs to be a guy like Matt Moore.

Hootie 01-27-2013 04:27 PM

Alex Smith also can't finish drives and is terrible in the red zone at getting 6. At least he was last year.

I just don't want the guy. He's an average QB, that's a big upgrade for us and all but I'd rather just ****ing draft a guy for crying out loud.

Hammock Parties 01-27-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9355682)
I think it all depends on Reid's opinion of the QB's in this draft. If he sees a guy that will be ready in two years, I could see Smith signed in KC. If its less than two years, it needs to be a guy like Matt Moore.

When is any rookie QB drafted these days not started immediately?

It's been awhile. I think Eli was the last guy who sat.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9355700)

Yeah, it's definitely been a while. That's why Alex Smith is a terrible idea of a stop gap if they're choosing a QB #1 overall.

The guy wants to start and should be a starter somewhere.

BigMeatballDave 01-27-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9355700)

Rodgers.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9355742)
Rodgers.

I think he was referring to the top pick, not just first rounders.

BigMeatballDave 01-27-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9355764)
I think he was referring to the top pick, not just first rounders.

Oh. I never gave that any thought.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9355682)

If we take a guy at 1-1, I'm with you. He needs to start immediately. Sink or swim.

Rambozo 01-27-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Chiefs | Could consider re-signing Branden Albert as OG
Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:46:46 -0800

The Kansas City Chiefs are interested in re-signing impending free-agent OT Branden Albert but have considered the possibility of moving him to guard if he returns.

0 Comments | Source: ProFootballWeekly.com

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/...l#ixzz2J8AbR6tC
Again, if they pay him like a LT, I don't think he'll care what position he plays. They can afford to pay him and a LT at #1 imo.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9355980)
Again, if they pay him like a LT, I don't think he'll care what position he plays. They can afford to pay him and a LT at #1 imo.

Your opinion is wrong.

Rambozo 01-27-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9356001)
Your opinion is wrong.

Hey, you have a job to do. Get back over to the poll and keep trying to convince everyone to vote yes. LMAO

htismaqe 01-27-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9356012)
Hey, you have a job to do. Get back over to the poll and keep trying to convince everyone to vote yes. LMAO

The poll wasn't my idea and I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

It sure will be nice when you're gone though.

Frankie 01-27-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9355608)
I can think of way worse scenarios than Alex Smith paired with Andy Reid for a few years.

Basically the same thought has haunted the back of my mind. If Geno Smith and the rest, after all is said and done, grade out overall to be late first round quality players or worse, there is no reason we shouldn't go after a guy like Alex Smith and take our late first round QB in another year. Or a 2nd rounder this year.

For those of you who are gonna have a borderline coronary reading this I said "IF!" And I'm not saying this is the only way to go either.

Titty Meat 01-27-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9355910)
If we take a guy at 1-1, I'm with you. He needs to start immediately. Sink or swim.

Why?

RealSNR 01-27-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9356062)
Basically the same thought has haunted the back of my mind. If Geno Smith and the rest, after all is said and done, grade out overall to be late first round quality players or worse, there is no reason we shouldn't go after a guy like Alex Smith and take our late first round QB in another year. Or a 2nd rounder this year.

For those of you who are gonna have a borderline coronary reading this I said "IF!" And I'm not saying this is the only way to go either.

If the QB we draft at #1 overall could play like Andy Dalton or Joe Flacco his first few years in the league, would you take that?

I actually would.

kc79 01-27-2013 06:11 PM

Chiefs are leaking a lot of info out. Again you can't believe leaked info or rumors you hear this time if year. Things will pick up in late April when we start negotiating with agents

Coach 01-27-2013 06:14 PM

There's no need to move Albert to the G position. That's just plain dumb.

The Bad Guy 01-27-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9355692)
Alex Smith also can't finish drives and is terrible in the red zone at getting 6. At least he was last year.

I just don't want the guy. He's an average QB, that's a big upgrade for us and all but I'd rather just ****ing draft a guy for crying out loud.

I'm 10000% with this.

Harbaugh had him on a short leash.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc79 (Post 9356113)
Chiefs are leaking a lot of info out. Again you can't believe leaked info or rumors you hear this time if year. Things will pick up in late April when we start negotiating with agents

What info is the Chiefs leaking?

The Bad Guy 01-27-2013 06:20 PM

I don't necessarily think that if we draft a guy he automatically has to start right now. It's just going to depend on the player.

I'll trust Reid/Pederson/Nagy to make that analysis. Pederson gets a ton of credit for mentoring McNabb.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9356012)

Convince?

You are the most delusional person this forum has ever seen.

And trust me, we've seen a lot since it was created in 2000.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9356163)
I don't necessarily think that if we draft a guy he automatically has to start right now. It's just going to depend on the player.

I'll trust Reid/Pederson/Nagy to make that analysis. Pederson gets a ton of credit for mentoring McNabb.

Oh, I think if the Chiefs draft a guy at #1 overall, he starts Day One.

Otherwise, terms like "Bust" will be thrown around immediately, unfairly or not.

It would be a P.R. disaster as well.

Frankie 01-27-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9356110)
If the QB we draft at #1 overall could play like Andy Dalton or Joe Flacco his first few years in the league, would you take that?

I actually would.

I'd like to see us get the best we can get now that it's (hopefully) the only time we have the top pick of the draft. Secretly, to me that sounds like a trade down with a partner who is willing to be raped.

If say Geno seriously grades out to be the 16th to 32nd best player in the draft I like to think we can do that at value next year or the year after. That's why suddenly signing someone like Alex Smith would be a viable option.

Going back to your scenario, there's no way for me to guarantee that any QB taken in the above range will ever play like Dalton or Flacco. So I really can't answer that. I guess, to partially answer your question, IF there were a magic crystal ball showing me for sure that Geno plays like the Flacco of late within a year or two, then I would say yes, I would take him with the 1st pick.

kc79 01-27-2013 06:26 PM

Albert to G, draft best player available and how they love Tyler Wilson. Think about it, nobody knows what KC is gonna do. The talking heads have inside sources. Every team leaks info out. That's why you shouldn't believe it. Wait until they start talking to the players agent.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9356176)
Oh, I think if the Chiefs draft a guy at #1 overall, he starts Day One.

Otherwise, terms like "Bust" will be thrown around immediately, unfairly or not.

It would be a P.R. disaster as well.

I agree.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9356179)
I'd like to see us get the best we can get now that it's (hopefully) the only time we have the top pick of the draft. Secretly, to me that sounds like a trade down with a partner who is willing to be raped.

If say Geno seriously grades out to be the 16th to 32nd best player in the draft I like to think we can do that at value next year or the year after. That's why suddenly signing someone like Alex Smith would be a viable option.

Going back to your scenario, there's no way for me to guarantee that any QB taken in the above range will ever play like Dalton or Flacco. So I really can't answer that. I guess, to partially answer your question, IF there were a magic crystal ball showing me for sure that Geno plays like the Flacco of late within a year or two, then I would say yes, I would take him with the 1st pick.

Geno Smith isn't the 16th player in this draft, nobody wants our pick, and Alex Smith isn't a free agent - we'd have to trade for him.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc79 (Post 9356192)
Albert to G, draft best player available and how they love Tyler Wilson. Think about it, nobody knows what KC is gonna do. The talking heads have inside sources. Every team leaks info out. That's why you shouldn't believe it. Wait until they start talking to the players agent.

Very true.

milkman 01-27-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9355585)
Alex Smith was not the reason why the 49ers lost in the NFC Championship last year.

If the Chiefs rookie QB has a winning record and a QB rating of 104, I'd be ecstatic. I just highly doubt that happens.

Everyone blames Kyle Williams.

But the fact is, if Alex Smith makes just one or two plays, Kyle Williams never gets the opportunity to muff the second punt.

Alex Smith converted 1 of 13 first down opportunities.

That one conversion was a meaningless coversion as the first half was running out.

Alex Smith is more responsible for that loss than Kyle Williams.

BossChief 01-27-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9355910)

McNabb didn't.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9356836)
McNabb didn't.

This isn't 1999.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9356836)
McNabb didn't.

This isn't 1999.

BigMeatballDave 01-27-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc79 (Post 9356192)
Albert to G

****ing knock it off!

htismaqe 01-27-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9356879)
This isn't 1999.

JINX!!!

kc79 01-27-2013 09:00 PM

I didn't say he's moving to G. The Chiefs are gonna leak all kinds of false info out. Get used to it. This happens every year

htismaqe 01-27-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc79 (Post 9357044)
I didn't say he's moving to G. The Chiefs are gonna leak all kinds of false info out. Get used to it. This happens every year

The Chiefs aren't leaking that crap.

It's coming from dumbshit talking heads in the media.

kc79 01-27-2013 09:07 PM

Even if we sign Albert, these talking heads are gonna say they're moving Albert to G and they'll draft a LT. Let Dorsey and Reid complete their draft board and draft the BPA

htismaqe 01-27-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc79 (Post 9357071)
Even if we sign Albert, these talking heads are gonna say they're moving Albert to G and they'll draft a LT. Let Dorsey and Reid complete their draft board and draft the BPA

Yep. Nobody outside of KC knows how good Albert is. I trust Andy Reid knows, though.

RunKC 01-27-2013 09:38 PM

We sign Albert and the media will still say draft Joeckel and put Albert at G or RT.

If we come out and say that Albert is our LT, then the media will say draft Star because he's now the BPA.

It's a dumb, vicious cycle.

DeezNutz 01-27-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9357164)
Yep. Nobody outside of KC knows how good Albert is. I trust Andy Reid knows, though.

And ****tards in KC ran Albert down consistently throughout the first couple of years of his career. It wasn't entirely dissimilar to the level of stupidity directed at Carr when he was with the Chiefs.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9357184)
We sign Albert and the media will still say draft Joeckel and put Albert at G or RT.

If we come out and say that Albert is our LT, then the media will say draft Star because he's now the BPA.

It's a dumb, vicious cycle.

Star isn't BPA. He skipped the Senior Bowl so he's probably no better than mid 1st round now.

BossChief 01-27-2013 10:12 PM

If we take a LT that only gave up one sack and replace him with a project and use the first overall pick to do so, the team should get the rest of their draft picks taken from them as a punishment for being so dumb.

O.city 01-27-2013 10:15 PM

Star was afraid to go to the SR bowl. Can't take him at one. And take a non pass rushing DL that early? No thanks.

RunKC 01-27-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9357286)
If we take a LT that only gave up one sack and replace him with a project and use the first overall pick to do so, the team should get the rest of their draft picks taken from them as a punishment for being so dumb.

Joeckel is not a project. Give him his due credit.

O.city 01-27-2013 10:17 PM

Joeckel is actually a great LT. He's not Ogden like Miller says, but he's a great prospect. However, I don't want to start building around a LT, especially when we already have a very capable guy who is just finishing a rookie contract.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9357294)

You're right.

The Raiders will love it when Hali and Houston are abusing his ass.

RealSNR 01-27-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

You don't know that. Sometimes even the most talented tackles wind up being projects.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is a great example. Russell Okung.

And if you count ALL first round tackles, the list is endless.

Joeckel isn't Joe Thomas. He's not even Jake Long. Let's also not inflate his stock just because this is the worst group of non-QBs I've seen at the top of a draft in a long time.

BossChief 01-27-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

I have given him his credit...all along I have said if we already had a qb he would be a good pick in the top five. But, he is from a spread system and lacks strength to handle the stronger rushers. He isn't a sure thing and IMO is about the same prospect Albert was coming out...maybe a hair better.

DeezNutz 01-27-2013 10:25 PM

Might look back on this draft and laugh that Patterson isn't getting more love.

RunKC 01-27-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9357307)
You don't know that. Sometimes even the most talented tackles wind up being projects.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is a great example. Russell Okung.

And if you count ALL first round tackles, the list is endless.

Joeckel isn't Joe Thomas. He's not even Jake Long. Let's also not inflate his stock just because this is the worst group of non-QBs I've seen at the top of a draft in a long time.

You could say that about any player. Well except Luck, RG3 and Peyton.

rocknrolla 01-27-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9356023)
The poll wasn't my idea and I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

It sure will be nice when you're gone though.

God danm! He will never stop whoring until he is gone! I was on the fence about keeping him, but this just sealed my vote. He is just like Bob in the movie "What about Bob". "HE NEVER GOES AWAY!"

rocknrolla 01-27-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9357313)
I have given him his credit...all along I have said if we already had a qb he would be a good pick in the top five. But, he is from a spread system and lacks strength to handle the stronger rushers. He isn't a sure thing and IMO is about the same prospect Albert was coming out...maybe a hair better.

Jockel is great, don't get me wrong. But a tackle is not a NEED right now. This first pick thing is a bitch this year. I WANT A QB! preferably not Barkley. Is Geno #1 worthy? I really hope so. If not, do we trade down a few? This will be a long couple of months. For the first time in a LONG while, I do have faith in our FO.

BossChief 01-27-2013 11:40 PM

Pure and simple...if a qb is worth the 20th pick in the draft, he is worth the top pick...shit, it's starting to look like if you are worth a top 40 pick that you are worth a top five pick.

Rodgers, Kaepernick and Flacco are great examples of this.

When you need a qb, there is no such thing as a reach...you get the best guy you can and do everything you can to help him succeed.

Titty Meat 01-28-2013 01:02 AM

Kyle Orton is a great example of how a qb can change a team. Average at best qb probably takes this team to the playoffs in 2011 had he played more games.

mdchiefsfan 01-28-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9355692)

I agree with this. If we draft a QB this year he may not be able to do what Alex Smith could do for the team this year, but in the coming years he should develop and become better than any option we could have.

People forget that continuity has a ton to do with success in football, not only from the coaching standpoint, but your signal caller with that coaching staff. We need to get a guy in that hasn't peaked yet and can grow with the system our new FO is establishing. Waiting a year puts everything on hold.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-28-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9357452)
Pure and simple...if a qb is worth the 20th pick in the draft, he is worth the top pick...shit, it's starting to look like if you are worth a top 40 pick that you are worth a top five pick.

When you need a qb, there is no such thing as a reach...you get the best guy you can and do everything you can to help him succeed.

Don't forget @DangeRussWilson

Strongside 01-28-2013 08:09 AM

Haha, just saw this over at the Steelers section of SBNation in a mock draft.

Quote:

Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, quarterback, West Virginia - Smith is not the best player available here and its not that close but if the Chiefs take Luke Joeckel, the only other player who makes any sense here, their GM will eventually be fired. Brandon Albert is a top 10 left tackle and moving him to right tackle would just be a beyond stupid move.

mdchiefsfan 01-28-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9357755)
Haha, just saw this over at the Steelers section of SBNation in a mock draft.

Quote:

Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, quarterback, West Virginia - Smith is not the best player available here and its not that close but if the Chiefs take Luke Joeckel, the only other player who makes any sense here, their GM will eventually be fired. Brandon Albert is a top 10 left tackle and moving him to right tackle would just be a beyond stupid move.
Common sense among these "scouts" this year is like a breath of fresh air. Thanks for posting.

Chief Roundup 01-28-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

I understand this and it is somewhat correct and somewhat wrong. It is correct mainly because we are desperate. If a team is not desperate it is not correct at all.

You list players that have been successful. There is a huge list of players that this attitude would not work for.

Deberg_1990 01-28-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

JaMarcuss Russel, Jake Locker, Vince Young, Tim Tebow and Matt Lenert told me you must pick THE RIGHT QB top 40.

BossChief 01-28-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9357862)
JaMarcuss Russel, Jake Locker, Vince Young, Tim Tebow and Matt Lenert told me you must pick THE RIGHT QB top 40.

Players at every position bust. Over the last few years, qbs bust far less than other positions. Especially DL.

-King- 01-28-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9357862)

Really? Here I was hoping we'd pick the wrong QB up. Thanks for clearing that up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 01-28-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9357918)
Really? Here I was hoping we'd pick the wrong QB up. Thanks for clearing that up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just trying to say you dont draft a player just because. No matter how bad the need. Teams get into trouble over reaching. Initially, ill trust whatever decision Reid/Dorsey make.

ChiefMojo 01-28-2013 09:53 AM

You are correct DeBerg. Doesn't mean we have to like it but it is the reality how franchises look at it. Good franchises don't knee jerk and reach even if it is a desperate need. If they don't deem there to be a elite QB to take at #1, they won't reach over other more highly rated prospects.

AndChiefs 01-28-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9357920)
Just trying to say you dont draft a player just because. No matter how bad the need. Teams get into trouble over reaching. Initially, ill trust whatever decision Reid/Dorsey make.

Odds are at least one QB in this draft will be a good NFL player (if not great). Since we have the first pick we have the luxury of picking the QB we feel is that player. There is no reach.

I can understand the reach statement if we were drafting 10th. Let's say there are three QB's off the board. You don't just draft a QB just because in that situation because you might believe none of them are worth it. Someone is worth the number 1 pick. It's the FO's job to figure out who that is and draft them. No matter where they're expected to go (within reason).

htismaqe 01-28-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

He's got work to do in the running game. He's got elite athleticism and operates well in space as a pass blocker.

But his lower body needs work.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9357928)
You are correct DeBerg. Doesn't mean we have to like it but it is the reality how franchises look at it. Good franchises don't knee jerk and reach even if it is a desperate need. If they don't deem there to be a elite QB to take at #1, they won't reach over other more highly rated prospects.

There aren't any more highly-rated prospects.

There is not one single "can't miss" guy in this draft.

Moore has question marks. Joeckel has question marks. Star has question marks. Jones has 1 HUGE question mark.

EVERY SINGLE GUY at the top of this draft has flaws. Every one of them has the potential to be a huge bust.

Rambozo 01-28-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9358043)
There aren't any more highly-rated prospects.

There is not one single "can't miss" guy in this draft.

Moore has question marks. Joeckel has question marks. Star has question marks. Jones has 1 HUGE question mark.

EVERY SINGLE GUY at the top of this draft has flaws. Every one of them has the potential to be a huge bust.

This is a really bad post.

That's what people say everytime there isn't a QB that is clearly the #1 pick.

ChiefMojo 01-28-2013 10:46 AM

I actually I would argue there are some can't miss LT's, DT's and Rush DE/OLB's in this draft. There is no can't miss QB yes but to say other positions are a lie.

There may be no one guy that stands above everyone else but doesn't mean there isn't multiple guys that aren't immediate impact long term pro bowl prospects.

Rambozo 01-28-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9358071)
I actually I would argue there are some can't miss LT's, DT's and Rush DE/OLB's in this draft. There is no can't miss QB yes but to say other positions are a lie.

There may be no one guy that stands above everyone else but doesn't mean there isn't multiple guys that aren't immediate impact long term pro bowl prospects.

Yep and we aren't going to pass on a franchise LT if we don't have one under contract for more than one year.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9358071)

Name them.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9358092)
Yep and we aren't going to pass on a franchise LT if we don't have one under contract for more than one year.

Clinging to the cliff for as long as you can.

ROFL

RunKC 01-28-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9358116)
Name them.

Luke Joeckel
Eric Fisher (especially after owning this week)
Damontre Moore
Jarvis Jones

You don't think these guys are legit top 5 talent?

htismaqe 01-28-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9358220)
Luke Joeckel
Eric Fisher (especially after owning this week)
Damontre Moore
Jarvis Jones

You don't think these guys are legit top 5 talent?

Joeckel isn't even the best LT in this class, let alone worth the #1 pick.

Fisher looks like the real deal to me. If we can't re-sign Albert, he could be a consideration.

Moore I personally think is a stud but he's a tweener and people have questioned his ceiling.

Jarvis Jones - spinal stenosis.

Again, there are ZERO "can't" miss prospects in this draft. All of those guys have question marks...

EDIT: I just noticed your qualifier about "top 5" talent. All of these guys save Jones are top 5 talents, as are Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson. I'm talking about specifically being worth the CHIEFS pick at #1.

RunKC 01-28-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9358234)
Joeckel isn't even the best LT in this class, let alone worth the #1 pick.

Fisher looks like the real deal to me. If we can't re-sign Albert, he could be a consideration.

Moore I personally think is a stud but he's a tweener and people have questioned his ceiling.

Jarvis Jones - spinal stenosis.

Again, there are ZERO "can't" miss prospects in this draft. All of those guys have question marks...

EDIT: I just noticed your qualifier about "top 5" talent. All of these guys save Jones are top 5 talents, as are Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson. I'm talking about specifically being worth the CHIEFS pick at #1.

I will say this. I think Joeckel is damn lucky that Taylor Lewan stayed in school because he is the next elite LT prospect IMO.

Aside from the busted run play in the bowl game, Lewan made Jadeveon Clowney, the best pass rusher in college, his bitch all game long. I've never seen so much ownage.

Lewan is one nasty SOB too. I think he'll be a better prospect than Jake Long next season barring a huge letdown/injury.