ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs John Dorsey coming up next on NFL Network (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270280)

DaneMcCloud 02-22-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9425577)
To me, I see the stereotypical stupid jock. Now, I don't think he's an idiot, but it's clear that he struggles to maintain "GM speak" in front of the mic; he fumbles around so damn much that he makes me feel embarrassed for him.

I've watched this interview twice now and while I can kind of agree, I think it's more a lack of preparedness and inexperience than anything else.

He kind of has that "Dickhead High School Football Coach" vibe to him but I chalk that up more to confidence than being a dickhead.

DaneMcCloud 02-22-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9425600)
If T-Jax were a 3rd round pick, he'd have been an adequate pick. Not a good one, but an adequate one. Laz is right - he didn't totally suck (all the time), but he damn sure wasn't good either. He's one of those replaceable players that you look to upgrade but every team has (even the good ones).

That's why you try to re-structure him. In the end, however, if you can't get him to agree to a market rate for an average DE, you cut him and go sign another DE at the market rate for that ability.

He's not a guy you worry about one way or the other.

"Tyson - this is what we'll pay you"
"No, I won't take a paycut"
"Okay...well we're gonna need your playbook"

It's not a decision that worries me in the slightest. Either he'll take a cut to the market rate for this position and ability or he won't and we'll bring someone in here that makes sense for that contribution. Works for me.

If the Chiefs can sign Jackson to a 3 year contract for about $3 million per, I'd be thrilled. If he wants more, he can walk.

PaulAllen 02-22-2013 12:37 PM

I like it. Much better than the slick-politician speak we got from Scott

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 12:38 PM

Dont give a sh*t how good he is in front of a camera.

All i care about is his ability make good picks and build a team.

mnchiefsguy 02-22-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9425609)
If the Chiefs can sign Jackson to a 3 year contract for about $3 million per, I'd be thrilled. If he wants more, he can walk.

I agree with you and DJ. No negotiation necessary...make Jackson an offer, if he says no, kick him to the curb.

siberian khatru 02-22-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9425539)
If he doesn't win in the next 3 years, just wait - he'll get that 'arrogant prick' tag just as badly as ***** did.

It's just something worth watching, that's all. If he handles everyone like that, he's going to have some unhappy staff and I'd really hate to see that. I think that's part of the problem with the ***** regime, that poison atmosphere really does trickle down to all parts of the team, including the roster. I hope we don't have that again, even if it's by accident.

I'll just wait for Whitlock to take him out to dinner.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-22-2013 12:43 PM

Did Dorsey have baby Jack introduce him?

Hammock Parties 02-22-2013 12:44 PM

lol

@Jacobs71
Asked Dorsey what skill set does a QB need to be successful in their system. His response: "Win" #Chiefs #NFLCombine

Titty Meat 02-22-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9425629)
lol

@Jacobs71
Asked Dorsey what skill set does a QB need to be successful in their system. His response: "Win" #Chiefs #NFLCombine

Guess that eliminates geno

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-22-2013 12:49 PM

Dorsey may get an arrogant prick tag, but it will be impossible for it to equal Pioli's. That one who sucks the penis is the most arrogant mother****er I've ever come across in any sport.

The dinner, the scouts in the first draft, Jackson, The Right 53, it's literally insurmountable.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9425616)
I agree with you and DJ. No negotiation necessary...make Jackson an offer, if he says no, kick him to the curb.

Yep.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9425638)
Dorsey may get an arrogant prick tag, but it will be impossible for it to equal *****'s. That one who sucks the penis is the most arrogant mother****er I've ever come across in any sport.

The dinner, the scouts in the first draft, Jackson, The Right 53, it's literally insurmountable.

Dude, don't forget the candy wrappers, the locks on the doors, the black and white copiers.

There's no way Dorsey could EVER be as bad. NO WAY.

DeezNutz 02-22-2013 12:55 PM

All of these guys at 1 Arrowhead are arrogant. This is a given.

***** was ****ing abrasive, though, and I don't get that vibe from Dorsey. He's just fumbles around a bit. Example: He explicitly said that he needed to gather his thoughts and then proceeded to compose the most incomprehensible sentence I've heard uttered in some time.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9425655)
All of these guys at 1 Arrowhead are arrogant. This is a given.

***** was ****ing abrasive, though, and I don't get that vibe from Dorsey. He's just fumbles around a bit.

See, I think Dorsey is kind of abrasive.

I don't see Pioli as abrasive.

Devious. Conniving. But not abrasive.

Dorsey is basically the polar opposite of Pioli.

noa 02-22-2013 12:58 PM

He doesn't grate on me as much as he does on some other people here. He just seems relatively new to it, and I'm sure he'll get better as he goes. He definitely needs a new pair of glasses, though.
Posted via Mobile Device