ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Week 12 WR snap counts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346283)

dlphg9 11-28-2022 12:58 PM

Week 12 WR snap counts

Watson 64 snaps (84%) 2 targets 2 receptions 26 yards - Once again the he's the skill position player with the most snaps and once again he produced as if he played 20 snaps.)

MVS 44 snaps (58%) 5 targets 4 receptions 56 yards - I think this is about the perfect amount of playing time. He had a dropped pass that hit him right in the hands and even though it was a bullet he definitely should have caught it.

Skyy Moore 35 snaps (46%) 6 targets 5 receptions 36 yards - This dude shouldn't be anywhere near a punt return. I thought he should be getting more opportunities on offense than what he is getting. Had a big gain that turned into a 4 yard gain because of a pretty shitty holding call against Watson.

JJSS 29 snaps (38%) 3 targets 3 receptions 38 yards - Limited snaps because of prior concussion. Played as well as you'd expect and will probably be the lead WR again next week.

Powell 2 snaps (3%) Nothing

Another subpar performance from CP's favorite JAG Justin Watson. In the last 3 weeks Watson has played in 167 snaps out of a possible 204 snaps (82%). These are his stats from that time frame.

7 targets 6 receptions 107 yards and 0 TDs

If you take away the reception that took us to halftime against the Chargers then he looks even more like a JAG.

6 targets 5 receptions and 76 yards

Skyy Moore should be getting some of those snaps and in no way is Watson's production acceptable.

I'm ready for you all to tell me I'm an idiot and how I'm being a bitch after we just won. Eventually some of you will see the light.

KCJake 11-28-2022 01:09 PM

The world is a better place when Skyy Moore is catching passes. Not sure why the kid can't field a punt though

Womble 11-28-2022 01:10 PM

Have you had a lobotomy?

Megatron96 11-28-2022 01:10 PM

Justin is like 6' 3" and 215 lbs. Skyy is not.

I'd check the tape and see what he was doing in the run game as well as what he was doing when he wasn't being targeted.

Bottom line, Andy isn't playing Justin in favor of Skyy; they aren't the same type of WR. Andy is playing Watson because he serves a specific purpose in his gameplan.

Hammock Parties 11-28-2022 01:12 PM

justin is our best run blocker, it's obvious

htismaqe 11-28-2022 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16631672)
I'd check the tape and see what he was doing in the run game as well as what he was doing when he wasn't being targeted.

Well, he's was being called for holding, so there's that.

BWillie 11-28-2022 01:14 PM

Everyone loves Justin Watson, and hes certainly outperformed expectations but hes also in 3x to 4x as many snaps as Skyy and they've produced about the same.

htismaqe 11-28-2022 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16631679)
Everyone loves Justin Watson, and hes certainly outperformed expectations but hes also in 3x to 4x as many snaps as Skyy and they've produced about the same.

Exactly.

I LIKE Watson. He's great at what he does.

He's still getting too many snaps. It is what it is.

Hoover 11-28-2022 01:16 PM

So how many of those snaps for Watson was in the last half of the 4th when we handed the ball off 800 times? Snap % isn't the end all be all.

Megatron96 11-28-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJake (Post 16631668)
The world is a better place when Skyy Moore is catching passes. Not sure why the kid can't field a punt though

It's a different skillset. The ball moves in a unique way vs. a pass, because of the arc wind can move the ball in ways you never see from a pass, etc.

Add a significant degree of difficulty when a dozen people are running full tilt at you with the express purpose of taking your head off.

Try this: have someone punt a ball or just throw it on a high parabolic arc, and while you catch it, have half a dozen people charging at you. Give one of them a baseball bat to attempt to simulate the degree of duress you'd experience in a football game.

Not saying it's the hardest thing in sports, because it's not; but it's not the easiest thing either. It takes some extra focus to tune out the mob bearing down on you while trying to get under the ball, get your feet set, and catch the ball, when you can't see the gunners flying at you. Right now Skyy is having problems with that part, and then his mechanics aren't great.

RealSNR 11-28-2022 01:18 PM

You know, I kind of want to see Justin Watson's snap count increase next week. Just to see what happens. For science.

Like, will dlphg's head implode or explode? Or will it melt down?

tk13 11-28-2022 01:21 PM

I don't know that everyone is in love with Watson, it's just we know we have the best offensive mind in football and he likes to mix up personnel groups and it's worked for him for 20+ years now.

We have talented WRs and they still go out there and run plays where it's 3 TEs on the field and it's still a pass play. Noah Gray played more snaps than all our WRs except Watson and no one's complaining about that. It's not like Watson has been a liability out there. He's making plays when called upon. Reid obviously likes that he can run block and probably knows the offense as well as any WR. Said this last week but Reid is going to play guys who know the offense and execute it the way he wants. It's not always about pure production.

Sofa King 11-28-2022 01:21 PM

I wonder if we'd have to bitch about this if 2 of our top wr's were actually healthy and our third wasn't recovering from a concussion.

jettio 11-28-2022 01:21 PM

So the thread starting post says that Justin Watson had 2 targets and 2 receptions. and then complains about production?

The QB is the one who makes reads and throws and Chiefs have the best QB in this planet's history.

A lot of Watson's routes clear areas for the first and second reads. And he is a good all around player.

You need guys that help the team win.

ModSocks 11-28-2022 01:22 PM

Justin Watson is closer to JJSS than Skyy is. All you're seeing is Watson absorbing those snaps while JJSS is away. Both of those guys play the same role in this offense.

Watson and JJSS are basically like a WR/TE hybrid. And Pat seems to have more trust in those types of guys.