ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Kanye's "Yeezus" leaks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273827)

BryanBusby 06-15-2013 04:35 AM

Album would of been alright if he forgot to put the first six tracks on it.

Bound 2 is the best track on it.

I don't think "fame has gone to his head" has anything to do with this less than ideal album. If you try different shit, you're gonna end up disappointing here and there.

E: and before anyone asks, this is the song that's sampled in the track.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6J_ZWz4t-0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King- 06-15-2013 06:23 AM

As horrible as the album is, the beat on Blood On the Leaves is just ****ing amazing.

Chiefs=Champions 06-15-2013 06:57 AM

Why does it seem that people listen once and hate? Much like dark fantasy this is an album that needs a few listens before being fully appreciated. People are lazy. If its new and scary they call it shit, without giving it a proper chance.

|Zach| 06-15-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9752666)
Kanye has limited talent, but makes up for it with an over inflated ego. In other words he is shit and is a "genius" in a time of shitty rap.

lol.

People on message boards.

NewChief 06-15-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9753278)
As horrible as the album is, the beat on Blood On the Leaves is just ****ing amazing.

That song was the standout track on my first listen. Sampling strange fruit in a song about Molly and abortion is borderline offensive.

The whole album, to me, seems like Kanye has been listening to a lot of El-p and Death Grips.

As others have pointed out: if Kim Kardashian inspired this album, then her and Kanye may not be an item long. Shit is bleak. Probably his most misogynistic album as well.

Al Bundy 06-15-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9753291)
lol.

People on message boards.

lol people who think Kanye is talented.

AphexPhin 06-15-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 9753287)
Why does it seem that people listen once and hate? Much like dark fantasy this is an album that needs a few listens before being fully appreciated. People are lazy. If its new and scary they call it shit, without giving it a proper chance.

Nah, its not about being lazy. I loved Dark Fantasy right off the bat. It worked. In this new album, his word play just isnt as good and the a lot of the beats seem to be left over beats he just had lying around in the studio.

Reaper16 06-15-2013 09:34 AM

Musically, I'm not sure if I even like this album. I still have to listen on headphones. I do know that I'm intrigued by it. I want to keep listening to it. Even though it is derivative of Saul Williams, Death Grips, and Trent Reznor. It's a ****ing mess, but an idiosyncratic, magnetic mess.

Lyrically its his worst effort. A misogynist hodgepode of bullshit that would just as soon come out of the mouths of Lil Wayne or Childish Gambino. The ever-smart pop music critic Ann Powers said yesterday that she, as a woman, felt emotionally assaulted by the album, but wonders if that was the point -- that Kanye is aiming to make raw sexual hunger in pop music actually dangerous again.

-King- 06-15-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 9753287)

MTDF had content. Yeezus is just a collection of the top 1000 random sounds Kanye could find in the studio.

Valiant 06-16-2013 12:05 PM

sounds like bad dubstep, with horrible rhymes on nonsensical plots, he just throws shit together on this..

Titty Meat 06-16-2013 01:31 PM

Atleast people admit when kanye sucks.

How many stinkers has eminem put out yet people pretend he's this brilliant rapper?

-King- 06-16-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9754932)
Atleast people admit when kanye sucks.

How many stinkers has eminem put out yet people pretend he's this brilliant rapper?

Except for the fact he is a brilliant rapper.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat 06-16-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9754943)
Except for the fact he is a brilliant rapper.
Posted via Mobile Device

He really isn't. Hasnt been for a decade.

AphexPhin 06-16-2013 03:11 PM

Eminem is the G.O.A.T

-King- 06-16-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9755167)
Eminem is the G.O.A.T

He's top 5.