ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Was your Scout Leader a Perv? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268913)

kc rush 01-15-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9320907)
True for cubs, not true for Boy Scouts. We often had a max of 3 adults with us on many of our scouting expeditions. Hell, we sometimes had only 1 adult as a lot of the stuff we were doing, you couldn't drag most adults to do (float trips in the winter, camping in 10 degree weather, 20 mile backpacking trips).

Can't do 1 adult anymore due to the preditor issues. I never had problems in any of my time scouting. Mine are only in Cubs at the moment, but I keep a close eye on what is happening with each of them.

warpaint* 01-15-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9320419)
Nope, my scout experience was small town americana and nothing but wholesome... hot dogs, baseball, apple pie and chevrolet.

Mine too thankfully.

suzzer99 01-15-2013 06:29 PM

No but my Karate teacher was. Made all the boys suck in their balls and he personally checked to make sure they were tucked up in there. Said it was an important skill for Karate. Yes - for 4th graders who haven't even gotten their white belt. Gotta know how to tuck your balls in your pelvic cavity. There were even women working in the class who went along with it.

I think the dude got arrested later. He was in Independence, early 80s. Some kind of former champion in Ryuku Kempo.

Oh yeah - also I went to Bartell's Rockin' B ranch in Iowa in the 80s. One of the Bartell family members that worked there was later arrested for molesting kids.

Seems like at least half the people I know have some kind of close call as kids or did have something happen to them. What was it about the 70s and 80s in the midwest?

BlackHelicopters 01-15-2013 07:09 PM

Scout leader was fine. Dude who taught wood shop in junior high was a pedophile. In prison now.

Rain Man 01-15-2013 07:28 PM

They obviously need to make the uniforms less slutty.

seclark 01-15-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9322024)
No but my Karate teacher was. Made all the boys suck in their balls and he personally checked to make sure they were tucked up in there. Said it was an important skill for Karate. Yes - for 4th graders who haven't even gotten their white belt. Gotta know how to tuck your balls in your pelvic cavity. There were even women working in the class who went along with it.

I think the dude got arrested later. He was in Independence, early 80s. Some kind of former champion in Ryuku Kempo.

Oh yeah - also I went to Bartell's Rockin' B ranch in Iowa in the 80s. One of the Bartell family members that worked there was later arrested for molesting kids.

Seems like at least half the people I know have some kind of close call as kids or did have something happen to them. What was it about the 70s and 80s in the midwest?

This is pretty ****ing disturbing.
Sec

crossbow 01-15-2013 07:53 PM

Our leader built a fire with wet wood in a freeking rain storm. The dude was an artist.

EagleRob 01-15-2013 09:26 PM

JFC the Combine can't get here soon enough.

Dayze 01-15-2013 09:33 PM

I think "the combine" is some sexual scout leader move. Not sure though

jspchief 01-15-2013 10:00 PM

One of the scout leaders (maybe it was two brothers?) in my neighborhood turned out to be an audiophile, but my parents always kept me away from that family becaused they seemed like creeps.