ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU against Nevada Wolfpack tonight - Revenge Game? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105332)

Lzen 11-29-2004 09:40 AM

KU against Nevada Wolfpack tonight - Revenge Game?

So the Jayhawks get their chance at redemption tonight for that abysmal performance last year in Reno. I thought maybe this would be easier this year since their top scorer from last season, Kirk Snyder bolted for the NBA. But apparently, they still have a good team and most of the same players.

A little preview from this article

Quote:

The Jayhawks trailed the Wolf Pack by 20 at halftime, and as many as 25 in the second half, then pulled within seven before falling 75-61 in Reno.

"I remember the game well. We watched the tape as a good reminder, too," said junior forward Christian Moody, who is projected to start again tonight despite the emergence of KU's freshman big men against St. Joe's.

"We definitely want to return the favor. I guess we want to give them a good game because they really brought intensity last year. I couldn't believe we were down by 20. It showed we didn't come out focused at all. Coach has been telling us they could be even better than they were last year."

Nevada's coach doesn't quite agree.

Mark Fox, a former Kansas State assistant and Garden City native, took over this season after Trent Johnson left for Stanford. Although Nevada is 3-0 and coming off a win Friday at Georgia, Fox predicted the visit to Allen Fieldhouse will be a huge test.

"I'll get to see my mom, that's a good thing," Fox said. "But KU's got the same weapons as last year, and even more, and we don't."

Granted, the Wolf Pack lost its top player, Kyle Snyder, who poured in 29 points against the Jayhawks a year ago, but skipped his senior season to bolt for the NBA. Still, 6-foot-11 sophomore forward Nick Fazekas has stepped up and is averaging 23.3 points.
After reading that again, I realize that they must not have that other player that hurt KU last year, Todd Okeson. And their coach left to take over at Stanford. I guess their top assistant coach took over. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain the same level of success. I predict another KU blowout. This time, it will be the Jayhawks lighting up the scoreboard. :)

Saulbadguy 11-29-2004 09:57 AM

I was listening to Bill Self after the St Joe game and he said "We owe them one." Should be exciting.

KingPriest2, what is your anaylsis?

jcroft 11-29-2004 09:58 AM

I expect a Jayhawk blowout, as well -- but at least this makes the game have an itneresting storyline to it.

Skip Towne 11-29-2004 10:02 AM

There was a lot of taunting by Nevada last year. I expect KU to run it up if they can. Is this game televised?

Lzen 11-29-2004 10:06 AM

Yep, it is on ESPN 2 at 8pm. Hopefully, they'll get right to it at the start of the game this time. No more more freakin' MAC football games to interrupt my Jayhawk viewing. :banghead:

ROYC75 11-29-2004 10:06 AM

Yes .... ESPN2.

Thank goodness :KU: Basketball is here, my Chiefs really suck !

HC_Chief 11-29-2004 10:08 AM

Blowout city, baby!

I remember that game last year... absolutely atrocious. I expect KU to come out and dominate tonight.

RCJGKU!
:KU:

HC_Chief 11-29-2004 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Yep, it is on ESPN 2 at 8pm. Hopefully, they'll get right to it at the start of the game this time. No more more freakin' MAC football games to interrupt my Jayhawk viewing. :banghead:

I heard about that. KC ESPN2 went directly to the game.... about 2 minutes before tipoff. I wonder why Topeka didn't? I would think they have the same feed? :shrug:

Perhaps it's the vendor: Time Warner in KC.... Cox(?) in Topeka?

Lzen 11-29-2004 10:25 AM

Nope. I have Dish Network. I assume it was because I get the national feed.