ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peter King coaching candidates for 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267068)

bobbything 11-26-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9153269)
If Pioli remains in KC, hes probably the only option on that list.

Stanzi to Moeaki. Green to Gonzalez ver 2.0.

htismaqe 11-26-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9153398)
Do you remember the Ohio State game a few years ago where everything was on the line and we had a chance to win the game with a minute left in the 4th and the ball around our own 35?

I absolutely remember that. He did the same thing against Nebraska on Friday. Note that the QB in both of those situations was JAMES VANDENBERG. JV is not a good QB, at all.

Yes, Ferentz is ultra-conservative when it comes to things like punting on 4th down and kicking field goals. But unless the QB is absolute shit (like JV), his offenses are still capably of big plays in the PA passing game. Romeo and Daboll don't even ATTEMPT long passes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9153398)
Ferentz comes from the old school of football, and watching the Hawks this year has shown me that the game has passed him by.

We need a coach who will set new trends, go up-tempo, spread the field, and assault a defense.

Ferentz is a good guy. And I know you aren't advocating he be coach of the Chiefs...I don't even think he should coach the Hawks anymore.

I actually agree on all 3 points.

tk13 11-26-2012 10:30 AM

I like Shaw... I feel like too many people here will think he's too old school/run the ball/play defense. But he worked under Harbaugh and just outcoached Chip Kelly who is the hot name... so he's got that going for him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs 11-26-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9153410)
I like Shaw... I feel like too many people here will think he's too old school/run the ball/play defense. But he worked under Harbaugh and just outcoached Chip Kelly who is the hot name... so he's got that going for him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Beat Brian Kelly too... in everybody's eyes but the linejudge and the replay dude.

Chief_For_Life58 11-26-2012 10:33 AM

we dont want a coordinator we want a already badass headcoach. ill take a college coach if his last name is kelly. if we get frenchfry from iowa just kill me now

The Franchise 11-26-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9153399)
Even if he wins the championship? I'm not saying you're wrong...just wondering.

Hypothetically, do you think he'd be a good NFL Head Coach?

Even if he wins a Championship? Yeah....he's staying at ND. His contract is through 2016. I know it can be bought out...but I think he'll be back at least through Golson's development.

It's hard to say if he'd be a good HC in the NFL.

The Franchise 11-26-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9153416)
Beat Brian Kelly too... in everybody's eyes but the linejudge and the replay dude.

:rolleyes:

Coogs 11-26-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9153421)
:rolleyes:

I know. I know. It is what it is. :shrug:

mr. tegu 11-26-2012 10:39 AM

Peyton Manning is the offensive coordinator for Denver, not McCoy. Do not want.

Skyy God 11-26-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9153299)
Interesting that Jay Gruden didn't make the cut.

Jags, Rams, and Colts all wanted to interview him last year.

Mother****erJones 11-26-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9153434)
Peyton Manning is the offensive coordinator for Denver, not McCoy. Do not want.

He's still working and adapting to manning. He did a great job making an on the fly system for tebow

Ace Gunner 11-26-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9153410)
Posted via Mobile Device

He helped Andrew Luck during his senior season, also. here's a good video of David Shaw making his case for Luck's Heisman run;

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OpHZ_m96Z5A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Strongside 11-26-2012 11:22 AM

Really, no one likes Chip Kelly? Personally, I think he's going to do big things in the NFL. Put him with the right D-Coordinator and an offensive guy to implement his scheme...

suds79 11-26-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9153534)
Really, no one likes Chip Kelly? Personally, I think he's going to do big things in the NFL. Put him with the right D-Coordinator and an offensive guy to implement his scheme...

I like Chip Kelly. I think him paired with Geno Smith would score a lot of points.

I've seen enough of the spread to know it makes the QB and passing game easy. Even Pigpen :P looked decent at times running it under Chan.

ChiefsCountry 11-26-2012 11:45 AM

Ferentz would have been perfect coach for the 2010 Chiefs team with Weis running the offense and RAC the defense.