ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

doomy3 03-05-2013 11:17 AM

Wait, I thought we were taking EJ Manuel?

candyman 03-05-2013 11:18 AM

I will jizz all over your face if this happens

petegz28 03-05-2013 11:18 AM

The day we signed Alex I said there was a 50-50 chance we drafted Geno or another QB and everyone was up in arms and convinced it would he Joekel. My how quick people here change.

threebag 03-05-2013 11:20 AM

Like sand through an hour glass these are the Days of Our Lives

More Geno Ballwashing.
More Alex Bashing to come.

CaliforniaChief 03-05-2013 11:20 AM

I personally think it's the right move. That said, it's in our best interest to drum up a lot of attention that we might, or that someone right behind us is.

Because if we have no intention of drafting Geno, and we can convince Arizona/Buffalo that Jacksonville would, we would have our best chance of trading down 6 or 7 spots, recouping our 2nd and much more.

I think Buffalo is the team we can entice to #1 honestly.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9466877)
The day we signed Alex I said there was a 50-50 chance we drafted Geno or another QB and everyone was up in arms and convinced it would he Joekel. My how quick people here change.

It changes quickly based on the information at hand. After we paid for Alex, we thought (along with a lot of others) that they were going to let Albert walk and draft a LT. That changed yesterday.

Strongside 03-05-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9466881)
I personally think it's the right move. That said, it's in our best interest to drum up a lot of attention that we might, or that someone right behind us is.

Because if we have no intention of drafting Geno, and we can convince Arizona/Buffalo that Jacksonville would, we would have our best chance of trading down 6 or 7 spots, recouping our 2nd and much more.

Ideally, we create a huge smokescreen for Geno, the Raiders trade their entire draft to us for the #1 and Geno is a bust.

B14ckmon 03-05-2013 11:23 AM

No he isn't. You need to move on like the rest of the Chiefs fan base outside of this forum.

Chiefs are not taking a QB in the first round.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9466881)

AZ is the most likely choice (along with them being one of the strongest arguments for needing two "starting caliber" QBs). Believe it or not, their QB situation was worse than the Chiefs last year.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 11:24 AM

Geno threads bring in Cockmon like flies to shit.

B14ckmon 03-05-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9466896)
Geno threads bring in Cockmon like flies to shit.

You guys are going to ****ing explode all over the place again when they inevitably don't draft him. And after the last time, I fully expect actual suicides to take place.

I am trying to save lives.

ptlyon 03-05-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9466894)
Believe it or not, their QB situation was worse than the Chiefs last year.

Im****ingpossible

L.A. Chieffan 03-05-2013 11:28 AM

Arent you the same one who told us to "bank" on the Chiefs selecting Manuel #1? LMAO

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9466891)
No he isn't. You need to move on like the rest of the Chiefs fan base outside of this forum.

Chiefs are not taking a QB in the first round.

Have fun with Gabbert next year. But hey, at least you will be in the running for Clowney. So you have that to look forward to....

tooge 03-05-2013 11:28 AM

While I agree with your post with regards to needing two starting caliber QBs, I don't think that the chiefs are thinking this way. I still think they will take Joekel with the first pick because he will be the highest rated on the board, and they will try feverishly to trade back to a spot where they can match need with talent and pick up a pick or two along the way.

I think you are correct with your stragegy. Look what happened to the Texans two seasons ago. They lost their starter, and ended up playing unproven guys or they probably make it to the superbowl.

Having said that, I just don't think this fits what these guys will do. I think they will look for the Qb in the 3rd or 4th round. Maybe a guy like Matt Scott from Arizona or something. I just don't see them essentially giving up a first and a second this year, and next years second for one position.