ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs We gave up on the run game too early. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236862)

TimeForWasp 11-15-2010 08:52 AM

Chiefless 11-15-2010 08:56 AM

I'm afraid the days of big rushing totals is over until the Chiefs find a consistent counter to stacked lines and rush-bitzes.

Extra Point 11-15-2010 08:56 AM

Well, at least you care about something! (From one 51 year old dumbass to another.)

MMXcalibur 11-15-2010 08:56 AM

I seem to recall a lot of "run, run, pass" series when we were only down 7-0. Charles wasn't doing anything and Jones was doing even less than that. The entire game, our running game just wasn't working as it was in the past.

KC native 11-15-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 7173960)
I seem to recall a lot of "run, run, pass" series when we were only down 7-0. Charles wasn't doing anything and Jones was doing even less than that. The entire game, our running game just wasn't working as it was in the past.

Yes, and it won't work until Mark shows he can do something with his arm.

Chiefnj2 11-15-2010 09:04 AM

They were only averaging 2.5 yards per carry in the first half of the game. Plus, they were down 28 points. The run game was toast and useless.

TimeForWasp 11-15-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 7173960)

my point is we should have stuck with it, even when we were down by 21. I think the tide would have turned. We let ourselves get out of our own comfort zone too early. I don 't know how many runs we actually had in the game, but it should have been alot more. We gave up on it too early. On another point , I would like to see more of Battle. He has heart. I think he would do more for us than Jones.

KC native 11-15-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 7173985)
my point is we should have stuck with it, even when we were down by 21. I think the tide would have turned. We let ourselves get out of our own comfort zone too early. I don 't know how many runs we actually had in the game, but it should have been alot more. We gave up on it too early. On another point , I would like to see more of Battle. He has heart. I think he would do more for us than Jones.

You are ****ing nuts. More Battle? As lackluster as TJ has been in the last few games, he is still head and shoulders above Battle.

TimeForWasp 11-15-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 7174000)
You are ****ing nuts. More Battle? As lackluster as TJ has been in the last few games, he is still head and shoulders above Battle.

Not sure how you can make a sure judgment on that. Battle has not been given alot of chance, but he gives me a gut feeling and he is a hell of alot younger than Jones. I don't dislike jones and I actually was hoping Battle would make the team. There is something about Battle that I like and I have a feeling that if he does not get a decent chance here, he will blossom on another team. i would rather see it happen here. My gut feeling is that he is similar to the bus, and I would like to see him beat up on some opposing defenses.

Garcia Bronco 11-15-2010 09:35 AM

I don't think so. Your run game was getting smashed. Then you were down 21-0 and had to score.

TimeForWasp 11-15-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 7174028)
I don't think so. Your run game was getting smashed. Then you were down 21-0 and had to score.

we were down by 21 in the first quarter. That means we had 3 quarters to get back in it. Our running game is our bread and butter and we threw it aside to go into unknown land. Now it's not unknown anymore, we cannot come back on the arm of Cassel and with Bowe, chambers and Copper. We had plenty of time to come back with OUR game. Just my opinion.

InChiefsHeaven 11-15-2010 09:48 AM

Being down 21-0 in the FIRST QUARTER will do that to you. It was painfully obvious that we were not going to stop them, they were going through us like a hot knife through butter...we had to score quickly if we were going to have a prayer of staying in the game. Unfortunately, that meant leaning on Cassel and our passing game...well...

KC Dan 11-15-2010 10:15 AM

They gave up on the running game at the start of the 2nd half of the Raider game and haven't returned to it....

The Franchise 11-15-2010 10:16 AM

We could have kept with the running game on the first two drives.....if that piece of shit QB of ours could hit anybody on 3rd down.

The game could have been close if Cassel could have kept the offense on the field longer than a minute.

DaFace 11-15-2010 10:18 AM

Regardless of whether or not that was true, this game wasn't lost on offense.