ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Why was Chan Gailey fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266172)

BossChief 11-05-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9085280)
I could definitely see that.

It's what happened.

What's more ****ed up is that it's a similar reason of why Haley was fired.

Haley knew Cassel didn't have the mental toughness the position requires to be successful and was positive about it leading into 2010. Weis was brought in to be the "good cop" and to "fix the quarterback" and Pioli genuinely thought Haley was destroying his prized quarterback with his hard coaching. (sad, huh...**** Pioli)

This part is partially my speculation...Weis left because he knew two things...Cassel was mentally weak and was very limited physically and that there was no way the team was gonna win a championship with a limited qb and a head coach that was overly demanding and a bit of a prick.

He knew staying would be a "coach killer" and that he was better off to get out asap. Probably wishes he wouldn't have ever came here.

BossChief 11-05-2012 01:01 AM

I love how people throw out that Haley was just throwing up a big f-u to Pioli by aging Palko...Haley was directly told that Stanzi wouldn't play a snap his rookie season and Palko was the backup. That's the patriot way. Rookie qbs are inactive and get a "redshift year" (that's also why I want Pioli gone asap) Haley got Orton up to speed asap and when he was brought in he broke his finger on his first pass and would have started the next game...but wasn't coming in to fully take over during that flea ficker play.

Pioli is one big old pussy...

Here is what you have to work with (Cassel and Palko) and if you can't win playoff games with it, you're out and I'll find a coach who can.

BossChief 11-05-2012 01:01 AM

Sorry about the typos...posting from phone.

rtmike 11-05-2012 01:11 AM

Not that big of a deal but I remember reading or hearing that Haley wanted more routes over the middle & Chan wouldn't have any part of it.

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 01:14 AM

The best game Cassel played the last two seasons was with Haley breathing fire up his ass.

V. Minnesota last year.

KCrockaholic 11-05-2012 01:15 AM

So why haven't they considered giving a Stanzi a chance now that he's not a rookie. He could just as easily have 18 turnovers like Cassel. Hell, he'd probably be doing better than that right now.

KCrockaholic 11-05-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9085376)
The best game Cassel played the last two seasons was with Haley breathing fire up his ass.

V. Minnesota last year.

Was at that game, watched the argument up close. It was great stuff.

13and3 11-05-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9085276)
I asked this question a year or so ago to someone that has direct knowledge of the situation (same guy that gave me the information about the Todd/Josh finger pointing incident and how the backstory was that Josh had cheated in the game and Haley basically caught him...my info was later backed up by Dustin Colquit a month or so later) and was told that the biggest reason was that Todd wanted to be very hard on the players and to build their mental tougness up and Gailey somewhat undermined that and somewhat consoled the players after getting verbally assaulted by Haley.

Gaily is more of a nice guy that talks and is passive in his ways of dealing with problems...Haley was like a clone of Bill Parcells in that he would try to destroy a player in practice so that the player would be ready for almost anything during a game.

Todd caught wind of it and had a couple talks with Chan about it and when it continued, Todd fired him.

Todd basically ripped up every page of his playbook that the team had been working on to that point when he did so, too...fearing that Chan would use that information by sharing it with opposing teams.

I missed that post, can you enlighten me on how exactly Josh cheated? I always expected something was amiss during that game. It seems like they knew every play to run against the Chiefs, and scored on almost every possession in the first half.

BlackHelicopters 11-05-2012 07:29 AM

Felon in possession of a firearm was Gailey's final offense.

htismaqe 11-05-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9085344)
I love how people throw out that Haley was just throwing up a big f-u to Pioli by aging Palko...Haley was directly told that Stanzi wouldn't play a snap his rookie season and Palko was the backup. That's the patriot way. Rookie qbs are inactive and get a "redshift year" (that's also why I want Pioli gone asap) Haley got Orton up to speed asap and when he was brought in he broke his finger on his first pass and would have started the next game...but wasn't coming in to fully take over during that flea ficker play.

Pioli is one big old pussy...

Here is what you have to work with (Cassel and Palko) and if you can't win playoff games with it, you're out and I'll find a coach who can.

The flea flicker is inexcusable. It's almost like he was wanting to get Orton hurt.

You don't call that play in that situation. Ever.

Dave Lane 11-05-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9085258)
My favorite thing about Haley other than he demanded a lot from the players was that he was a passionate coach. He cared about everything that went on, and he always gave his best. When he ran around cursing out players, and yelling at Bowe cause he was lined up incorrectly, it wasn't cause he was just an asshole, it was cause he cared about the team....

Romeo is like watching a toad wait for a fly to go by.

Eleventy

Dave Lane 11-05-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9085528)
The flea flicker is inexcusable. It's almost like he was wanting to get Orton hurt.

You don't call that play in that situation. Ever.

It was one play, big deal, for a player that had no familiarity with the play book it's as good as any.

notorious 11-05-2012 07:40 AM

Gailey has forgotten more about offense than the entire Chiefs franchise combined.

rabblerouser 11-05-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9085276)
I asked this question a year or so ago to someone that has direct knowledge of the situation (same guy that gave me the information about the Todd/Josh finger pointing incident and how the backstory was that Josh had cheated in the game and Haley basically caught him...my info was later backed up by Dustin Colquit a month or so later) and was told that the biggest reason was that Todd wanted to be very hard on the players and to build their mental tougness up and Gailey somewhat undermined that and somewhat consoled the players after getting verbally assaulted by Haley.

Gaily is more of a nice guy that talks and is passive in his ways of dealing with problems...Haley was like a clone of Bill Parcells in that he would try to destroy a player in practice so that the player would be ready for almost anything during a game.

Todd caught wind of it and had a couple talks with Chan about it and when it continued, Todd fired him.

Todd basically ripped up every page of his playbook that the team had been working on to that point when he did so, too...fearing that Chan would use that information by sharing it with opposing teams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9085232)
I was certain that I read that Chan wanted to continue the spread style offense he ran with THIGPEN in 2008, perhaps I was mistaken?

Both.

Gailey just simply wasn't going to fit - on paper, it seemed perfect.

In reality, it was oil and water; Gailey had a connection to these guys, having coached them in '08 - Haley was trying to change a culture in the face of a coach who was a part of that losing culture. Couple that with the fact that Gailey actually thought that they would have a better offense with Thiggy running the spread (though looking back, it seems more an early indictment of Cassel - and to a lesser extent, Croyle - than a ringing endorsement of Thigpen.)

That being said, really seems as if ultimately, it was Pioli who hired and fired Haley's staff...not Haley.

htismaqe 11-05-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9085535)
It was one play, big deal, for a player that had no familiarity with the play book it's as good as any.

Absolutely.

If your intention is to get him killed so you can put Palko back in.

:rolleyes: