ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tatum Bell vs. Larry Johnson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126668)

Taco John 10-16-2005 06:08 PM

Tatum Bell vs. Larry Johnson

Who's better?

Hammock Parties 10-16-2005 06:11 PM

Hard to say, let's see how Bell does now that's he's seeing more action this year.

Teams running over the Patriots is nothing new.

listopencil 10-16-2005 06:14 PM

I don't know, but Champ Bailey + Tatum Bell is better than Clinton Portis.

CupidStunt 10-16-2005 06:15 PM

Both have put it on the ground, both are big-play guys, both run behind sweet O-lines (though KC's is far worse at the moment, or at least has been the past 3 weeks).

Doing it against JAX is good for Bell, but NE is nothing to boast about. LJ did it against NY (better rush D than any team Bell has faced) but has been up and down since.

LJ produced last year, too. Big time. Bell?

I'll take LJ for now. I haven't seen Bell get the tough yards though he is certainly as much of a home-run threat.

|Zach| 10-16-2005 06:16 PM

Not sure, I think they are both good.

I question Bell's ability to put in a quality 16 game season. Not really saying he CAN'T do it. But if I was a Bronco fan it would be in the back of mind. If he would have enough gas to make things happen when I need him.

Deberg_1990 10-16-2005 06:16 PM

You cant really compare the two. LJ doesnt get enough carries to make a fair judgement. Portis still looks a hell of alot better than Bell will ever be.

cdcox 10-16-2005 06:16 PM

Toss up right now. Both playing the change of pace role. Both have about 6 yds per carry. Both have fumble concerns.

Johnson seems more durable as an every down back. I think if Johnson were playing in Denver, he beats our Mike Anderson for the starting role, hands down.

Hammock Parties 10-16-2005 06:17 PM

Johnson has the edge in receiving, that's for sure.

CupidStunt 10-16-2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
You cant really compare the two. LJ doesnt get enough carries to make a fair judgement. Portis still looks a hell of alot better than Bell will ever be.

As a Bronco, that's probably true.

As a Redskin, dude sucks.

0 TD this season. Sub-4ypc against most D's he's faced (like all last year).

Deberg_1990 10-16-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |<ing
As a Bronco, that's probably true.

As a Redskin, dude sucks.

0 TD this season. Sub-4ypc against most D's he's faced (like all last year).

Hes running in the wrong system. Hes too small to be a Gibbs type of back. Hes a cutback runner, not a counter trey guy.

HolmeZz 10-16-2005 06:21 PM

Larry Johnson.

tk13 10-16-2005 06:22 PM

I don't understand where all this "he can't carry the load" criticism comes from with Bell... even Nantz and Simms brought it up. I don't get that, the guy hasn't even played a season and a half yet. They're both still pretty young into it, hard telling what the ceiling will be for either guy...

CupidStunt 10-16-2005 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Hes running in the wrong system. Hes too small to be a Gibbs type of back. Hes a cutback runner, not a counter trey guy.

I agree, but a "great" back would succeed in any system.

Portis is a top 10 back at best.

He stumbles and bumbles WAY too much to be considered a top 5 type back. Mediocre receiver, no nose for the endzone, and a complete all-or-nothing back.

Like I said, take out the big run he'll have from time to time, and he's always getting sub-4 yards per carry. I think back to his first game last year against Tampa.

Takes the opening carry 60+ for a score and averages about 3 per the rest game.

HolmeZz 10-16-2005 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I don't understand where all this "he can't carry the load" criticism comes from with Bell... even Nantz and Simms brought it up. I don't get that, the guy hasn't even played a season and a half yet. They're both still pretty young into it, hard telling what the ceiling will be for either guy...

I think they say they WANT to see him carry the load, not that he can't neccesarily. Part of it comes from the fact that Tatum's friggin' brittle.

Skip Towne 10-16-2005 06:39 PM

I saw Bell play several times in college. LJ is easily better.