ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why has Cassel Regressed since 2010? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264603)

Deberg_1990 10-03-2012 07:17 AM

Why has Cassel Regressed since 2010?

Now, I think we can all agree that while not great, he was at least serviceable in 2010, even decent in spurts. What did Weis/Haley do that got better production out of him? Most importantly, he didn’t turn the ball over nearly as much. What was their secret and what is different now?

Bane 10-03-2012 07:19 AM

His suck is tred of hiding.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 07:22 AM

He hasn't.

He has always played like dog shit against good teams, or when the Chiefs struggle to run the ball, or when the defense struggles.

That's the entire premise of The Declaration of Independence, MO.

Read it. Know it. Love it.

He is doing what he has always done.

The guy has been a sack of shit here outside of a handful of games in 2010, and a few in 2011 against utterly awful teams.

FAX 10-03-2012 07:23 AM

Hmmm. Good question.

Well, it could be because Bowe was not in camp which precluded any opportunity to develop timing with his primary receiver. Or, it could be that the changes in the offensive line have caused him to be uncomfortable for the first few games. Or, it could be that he has physically peaked. Or, it could be that what we saw in 2010 was the aberration and what we're seeing now is the real, unvarnished Cassel going against defenses that have him totally figured out since all they have to do is stack the box and dare him to make a throw over 15 yards.

FAX

Lonewolf Ed 10-03-2012 07:24 AM

He peaked then and is on the decline now? Hell, I don't know...

Bewbies 10-03-2012 07:26 AM

How many teams did he play that had a winning record? How wild did Jamal Charles run?

The guy sucks. Ass. And our GM thinks he can win a Super Bowl with him.

FAX 10-03-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8972614)
How many teams did he play that had a winning record? How wild did Jamal Charles run?

The guy sucks. Ass. And our GM thinks he can win a Super Bowl with him.

Apparently not anymore. It looks like he now believes Cassel to be a backup - not a starting-caliber quarterback. Funny how that happened.

FAX

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 07:30 AM

He might be the most mentally fragile QB in the NFL.

IMO he found a level of comfort in Weis that he hasn't had since. By all accounts he was the best player in training camp. Without game day pressure even Cassel haters were saying he looked good in camp. Preseason and regular season rolls around and he continues to regress. I mean, he can't even accurately dump the ball off anymore. They don't even try to go downfield with 8 guys in the box.

beach tribe 10-03-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8972618)
Apparently not anymore. It looks like he now believes Cassel to be a backup - not a starting-caliber quarterback. Funny how that happened.

FAX

And he ALWAYS thought so. LMAO

suds79 10-03-2012 07:30 AM

• Jamaal Charles putting in his usual 6. something YPC
  • The D playing well
  • Most stat padded season ever. Remember how few TDs Jamaal had that year? That's because anything from the 3 in where play action TD passes.

It was all fools gold. He's always been this.

BoneKrusher 10-03-2012 07:33 AM

the other 52 players on this roster figured out they are doomed with him as the starter.

KC_Lee 10-03-2012 07:35 AM

He's nothing more than a borderline back up QB that had on good season when he was surrounded with great talent and great coaching. Once he was put into the position to be the leader he crapped his pants.

FAX 10-03-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8972622)

IMO he found a level of comfort in Weis that he hasn't had since. By all accounts he was the best player in training camp. Without game day pressure even Cassel haters were saying he looked good in camp. Preseason and regular season rolls around and he continues to regress. I mean, he can't even accurately dump the ball off anymore. They don't even try to go downfield with 8 guys in the box.

I don't know, Mr. Chiefnj2. We have pretty solid reports from Babb and others that Weis threw up his hands on Cassel. If that's true, I don't see how Weis would offer any comfort to him at all.

As for the problem you mention regarding accurately dumping off the ball, I mean ... wow ... it's so true and so ... well ... just ... wow.

FAX

Bewbies 10-03-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8972622)

People blasted me when I said this is exactly what would happen. Same shit every year. Camp stud, regular season pussy.

WV 10-03-2012 07:37 AM

2010 was the engagement, now we're married.