ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music New Song (By Me) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257845)

kcxiv 03-28-2012 07:52 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mcc9sGF7cLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is one of his old songs i put on youtube a while back. Its a bit raw, but i like it.

jspchief 03-28-2012 08:08 PM

It's pretty good.

Could probably really shine with the right producer.

Molitoth 03-28-2012 08:10 PM

KCXIV, that song is embarrassing to me lol. can You take that down? If you persist, I can put a better version of that song up.

kcxiv 03-28-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8500334)
KCXIV, that song is embarrassing to me lol. can You take that down? If you persist, I can put a better version of that song up.

lol, yeah, i can take it down, it still sounds good though. It is what 4 years old now. I still got all the mp3's though. lol

Buck 03-28-2012 10:51 PM

Wow, no offense, but your new song sounds infinitely times better than that old one.

lewdog 03-28-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8498382)
I understand the majority of CP will not be into the style of music my band provokes, but any fan we gain is a great fan to have!

I think there are plenty of people here that would like this music. It is really good IMO. I can't put my finger on who the sound resembles, but that is generally better than the other way around.

Raiderhater58 03-29-2012 03:50 AM

deftones feel to it for sure - which aint a bad thing.

Keep up the good work I was pleasantly surprised

Ill give it another listen when I can crank it up.

Raiderhater58 03-29-2012 03:53 AM

Looks like you have Kilroy on board, thats also not a bad thing

SuperChief 03-29-2012 11:06 AM

Wow. I'm definitely impressed, and like Flop, I'm picky as **** when it comes to the music I enjoy/listen to on a regular basis. I would definitely listen to more stuff. A nice healthy blend of Chevelle, Deftones, and a little A Perfect Circle.

Love it. Keep it up dude.

WhiteWhale 03-29-2012 06:36 PM

Very def-toney. I do love the deftones ever since I was in high school. I know a lot have said it reminds them of the Deftones, but for me it sounded like a Deftones song. If I heard that on the street I wouldn't say "Who is this new band?" I'd say "Which deftones album is this from?" Take that for what it's worth. You asked for some constructive criticism. :)

If I lived in the area, I'd see you guys.

Very good mix imo, so nice work with that. I've heard studio work that wasn't as crisp.

Keep chasing the dream buddy.

crispystl 03-29-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8500775)
Wow, no offense, but your new song sounds infinitely times better than that old one.

What's the QR code link to? I'm too scared to look for myself.

Buck 03-29-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 8503095)
What's the QR code link to? I'm too scared to look for myself.

Doesn't link anywhere. It's just text.

Molitoth 03-29-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8503089)
Very def-toney. I do love the deftones ever since I was in high school. I know a lot have said it reminds them of the Deftones, but for me it sounded like a Deftones song. If I heard that on the street I wouldn't say "Who is this new band?" I'd say "Which deftones album is this from?" Take that for what it's worth. You asked for some constructive criticism. :)

If I lived in the area, I'd see you guys.

Very good mix imo, so nice work with that. I've heard studio work that wasn't as crisp.

Keep chasing the dream buddy.

When a band comes together, you get influences from a lot of different types of music. I'm mainly the only one in the band with a huge deftones influence, so that just goes to show you how much vocals are noticed first. I really hate dry sounding vocals, so I know the similarity between Chino and myself comes together there.

It's funny, I actually listened to "Knife Party" a lot while mixing this track. Trying to get the instruments to sit in the mix similar to that song.

Thanks for replying mate, I take any deftones similarity as a compliment.
We are really diverse as a band, so it will be interesting to see what comparisons the next song brings. =)

Mr. Flopnuts 03-29-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8500334)

I shit you not when I tell you the new song is something special. I grew up in the grunge era, and heard a lot of bands. I did well predicting when bands would pop. I'm no pro, but I feel like I know good music. This new track is money. **** yesterday. Focus on today, because today is bright. I'm dead serious. Rock is dead. Revive it.

Molitoth 03-30-2012 09:23 AM

edit