ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SI: The 49ers intended to trade Kaepernick to Philly (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276373)

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 09:55 AM

SI: The 49ers intended to trade Kaepernick to Philly

Report: Eagles backed out of trade for Colin Kaepernick intending to draft Russell Wilson

BY BRIAN KOTLOFF

The Eagles reportedly had a trade in place to acquire Colin Kaepernick for a second-round pick last offseason.

The NFL’s top two emerging young quarterbacks apparently slipped through the Philadelphia Eagles’ grasp last offseason.

Prior to the 2012 NFL Draft, the Eagles came close to trading a second-round pick for San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, but backed out of the deal thinking they could draft Russell Wilson, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

The 49ers were open to trading Kaepernick because Alex Smith, who they eventually traded to the Chiefs, had led them to the NFC Championship Game in 2011.

But the Eagles’ decision backfired when the Seattle Seahawks selected Wilson with the 12th pick in the third round, forcing Philadelphia to settle for current backup Nick Foles 13 picks later.

According to the report, the Eagles had “geared their whole draft around” Wilson, who led the Seahawks to the playoffs during a spectacular rookie season in 2012.

Wilson and Kaepernick face off on Sunday Night Football this week, guiding what many consider the two best teams in the NFC.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/09/15/ea...?sct=obnetwork

Ebolapox 09-17-2013 09:57 AM

good. **** em'

Molitoth 09-17-2013 09:58 AM

Interesting.

Bowser 09-17-2013 10:00 AM

Interesting, but that actually makes Philly look pretty stupid on the surface. Take him in the second round if you truly have "geared their whole draft" around Wilson. Or, just trade for Kaep when it came to their pick in the second since Wilson was still there?

And just let me take this opportunity to remind everyone that the Chiefs took Donald Stephenson in the third round exactly one pick before Seattle took Wilson. :facepalm:

ct 09-17-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9987170)
Interesting, but that actually makes Philly look pretty stupid on the surface. Take him in the second round if you truly have "geared their whole draft" around Wilson. Or, just trade for Kaep when it came to their pick in the second since Wilson was still there?

And just let me take this opportunity to remind everyone that the Chiefs took Donald Stephenson in the third round exactly one pick before Seattle took Wilson. :facepalm:

I'm still more disgusted KC took Jon Baldwin in the 1st when Colin Kaepernick was available.

Bowser 09-17-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 9987184)
I'm still more disgusted KC took Jon Baldwin in the 1st when Colin Kaepernick was available.

Yeah, don't get me ****ing started on that, either.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-17-2013 10:07 AM

I smell bullshit. Yeah! we really wanted those great young QBs!... but valued Mychal Kendricks more.

Someone got drunk and started talking out their ass

Marcellus 09-17-2013 10:08 AM

Strange, I heard all offseason Harbough didn't like Alex Smith.

Bowser 09-17-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 9987184)

In some past thread I said it was theoretically possible for us to have drafted both Kaepernick and Russell Wilson. But, had that happened, both of them would most likely be backing up Cassel this very day, or at the very least until Pioli got loaded up on the trebuchet and chucked into the middle of Raytown.

Piololololi.

Imon Yourside 09-17-2013 10:09 AM

I know that no one has reported it yet, but I was going to take the Chiefs HC position but politefully declined.

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9987170)

The implications are pretty interesting, IMO. If the 49ers had traded Kaepernick, Alex Smith would likely be in San Fran today. If the Eagles had traded for Kaep, it's likely Reid would still be in Philly.

At that point, no Reid, and no Dorsey in KC in 2013.

Marcellus 09-17-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9987190)
I smell bullshit. Yeah! we really wanted those great young QBs!... but valued Mychal Kendricks more.

Someone got drunk and started talking out their ass

This was also reported by Adam Schefter so whoever is getting drunk and talking has all the right people in ear shot.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...had-kaepernick

ChiefsCountry 09-17-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9987197)
This was also reported by Adam Schefter so whoever is getting drunk and talking has all the right people in ear shot.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...had-kaepernick

You didn't read the SI article did you. Its all based on Schefter's report.

Bowser 09-17-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9987196)
The implications are pretty interesting, IMO. If the 49ers had traded Kaepernick, Alex Smith would likely be in San Fran today. If the Eagles had traded for Kaep, it's likely Reid would still be in Philly.

At that point, no Reid, and no Dorsey in KC in 2013.

It's the Bernard Pollard Space/Time Continuum Theorum being applied to game changing QB's once again. This shit is CRAZY.

ChiefsCountry 09-17-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9987201)
It's the Bernard Pollard Space/Time Continuum Theorum being applied to game changing QB's once again. This shit is CRAZY.

I knew us cheering Pollard knocking Brady out would **** us for life. So far it has.