ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL Already Planning On Weather Contingencies For Next Years Super Bowl - "Plan B" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269948)

houstonwhodat 02-12-2013 12:52 AM

NFL Already Planning On Weather Contingencies For Next Years Super Bowl - "Plan B"

Looks like last weeks blizzard has the NFL worrying about next years Super Bowl in the cold weather.

"The winter storm that hit the northeast last week highlighted the concerns that have previously kept the Super Bowl from being played in outdoor stadiums in cold weather environments.

According to the Sports Business Journal, the NFL is considering several options that include delaying the game several days or even moving the game up to Saturday if an especially nasty forecast is the picture.

Several logistical problems are presented if the game has to be delayed and not held on Sunday. Fans that will have planned on leaving on Monday will be forced to change their flights and hotel reservations to stay longer. If the game has to be postponed due to inclement weather, it’s reasonable to assume the airports will have had to cancel many flights as well furthering the logjam of displaced travelers."

This could me a major cluster ****.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...ntingency.aspx

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...at-super-bowl/

AussieChiefsFan 02-12-2013 12:52 AM

OH MY GOD PLEASE MOVE THE GAME TO SATURDAY.

ClevelandBronco 02-12-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9395941)

This. In caps.

AussieChiefsFan 02-12-2013 12:53 AM

Also, if NY can have a cold ass super bowl why can't KC? KC would have hosted the Super Bowl in 2015, but Clark didnt want to make Arrowhead a dome.... So no Super Bowl in KC because it's too cold.....

And now NY gets to host!!!!

houstonwhodat 02-12-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9395941)

Hell knowing the NFL they may move it to a Wed. night.

JK of course, the ratings would be bad.

Moving it to Sat. would be great for hangovers but would certainly **** up everyone's travel arrangements and the TV networks.

Should be interesting.

AussieChiefsFan 02-12-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9395943)
This. In caps.

Probably seems like im being sarcastic. But seriously, it'd be great (for me) if it was on a saturday (US time) so that I can watch it on the weekend and not miss it on a monday morning.

chefsos 02-12-2013 01:09 AM

If that thing turns out to be a weather disaster/comedy, people in...oh, Jacksonville for example, would be sorely tempted to just troll the hell out of the NFL and NY/NJ. You know, "It's 70 and sunny here and I'm out on the deck waiting for you guys to shovel 2' of snow so I can watch the game...are you done yet?"

And I really couldn't blame them.

chefsos 02-12-2013 01:10 AM

Then again they might be pleased to no longer be the worst SB host ever.

Actually Detroit may hold that distinction, but that doesn't fit with where I was going with this.

ClevelandBronco 02-12-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9395948)
Probably seems like im being sarcastic. But seriously, it'd be great (for me) if it was on a saturday (US time) so that I can watch it on the weekend and not miss it on a monday morning.

Nope. I'm with you. Late game. Too many hungover people on Monday.

Deberg_1990 02-12-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9395944)
Also, if NY can have a cold ass super bowl why can't KC?

If i remember correctly, NY was given the Super Bowl as sentiment for 9/11

SPchief 02-12-2013 01:27 AM

Not a chance in hell it gets moved to a different day. CBS or Fox, whoever has it next year would literally own the NFL after the lawsuit.

J Diddy 02-12-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9395967)

and I understand that, however, if the precedent is set that cold weather don't matter, well then they need to start divvying it up

007 02-12-2013 01:50 AM

Much less chance of a debilitating storm in KC. They should just move it here.

AussieChiefsFan 02-12-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9395966)
Nope. I'm with you. Late game. Too many hungover people on Monday.

Yeah, ive never understood this. I mean, it's tradition now so it won't be changed from sunday, but wouldnt it be nice for it to always be on a saturday, so you can just party/do whatever and not worry about how shitty you'll feel in the morning. Also so us people oversees can watch on the weekend too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9395967)

hmmm, I see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9395986)
Much less chance of a debilitating storm in KC. They should just move it here.

And this.

Stad 02-12-2013 02:04 AM

It doesn't even get that cold there lol.