ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peter King coaching candidates for 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267068)

Deberg_1990 11-26-2012 09:36 AM

No obligatory mention of Jon Gruden, Cowher or Billick?

-King- 11-26-2012 09:46 AM

Favorite candidate on those lists is David Shaw. Would bring a aggressive defense and much needed discipline to the team.

And oh yeah... he was Andrew Lucks OC. Would love to have him working with Geno or Barkley.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 11-26-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9153294)
Ferentz would make RAC look like an Arena coach.

Greg Schiano's success has made the hiring of a college coach more palatable.

I'd love Kelly (either one) or Shaw. I'd like McCoy or Roman.

That's BS on Ferentz. He's conservative (far too conservative) but he isn't historically-bad-offense conservative. Not even close to the suck that is Daboll and RAC. Not even close.

Reerun_KC 11-26-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9153259)
I wouldn't touch any of the college guys.

Lifetard Alert..

DJ's left nut 11-26-2012 09:52 AM

Damn.

Gus Bradley really isn't going to get much love this off-season is he? Maybe a playoff run will get him in there.

Bradley
Cowher
Brian Kelly
Perry Fewell
Ray Horton

Mile High Mania 11-26-2012 09:52 AM

Kyle Shanahan? Really?

Just stay away from Del Rio (not on the list), I think he's perfectly well suited to be a DC for his career (see Wade Phillips) and I'd like for them to maintain the same DC for a couple of seasons.

Go get Fangio... start from scratch, no retread names.

Mother****erJones 11-26-2012 09:57 AM

I go with Mike McCoy. Guy is a great offensive mind. He can adapt to any QB. He's working with one of the greatest QBs in Manning. He'd be great for our young QB

mcaj22 11-26-2012 10:08 AM

Ferentz and Pioli are like best buddies. Absolutely no to that piece of shit Browns tree connection.

no no no no no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The Franchise 11-26-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9153330)
Favorite candidate on those lists is David Shaw. Would bring a aggressive defense and much needed discipline to the team.

And oh yeah... he was Andrew Lucks OC. Would love to have him working with Geno or Barkley.
Posted via Mobile Device

This.

And Brian Kelly isn't leaving Notre Dame.

htismaqe 11-26-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9153341)
Kyle Shanahan? Really?

Just stay away from Del Rio (not on the list), I think he's perfectly well suited to be a DC for his career (see Wade Phillips) and I'd like for them to maintain the same DC for a couple of seasons.

Go get Fangio... start from scratch, no retread names.

Unfortunately for both of us (because I think he's a good DC and a poor HC), Del Rio is like the ideal candidate for the Chiefs job.

suds79 11-26-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9153259)
I wouldn't touch any of the college guys.

Jim Harbaugh says hi.

It's not about where they come from. It depends on if that particular guy is good or not.

That's just like saying never draft a USC QB because others 10 years ago have failed. (when there's different players, different coaches, etc)

It just doesn't make sense.

the Talking Can 11-26-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9153330)

Posted via Mobile Device

i'm coming around on him, and he's got an nfl background:

Quote:

NFL coaching career

His coaching career began at Western Washington University in 1995. In 1997, Shaw began a nine-year run as an NFL assistant coach with stints for the Philadelphia Eagles, Oakland Raiders, and Baltimore Ravens.[2]

As the Raiders' quality control from 1998–2000 and quarterbacks coach in 2001, the team won two consecutive AFC West titles and completed a 10–6 regular season.[1]

Shaw was the quarterbacks coach for the Baltimore Ravens from 2002–2004 and wide receivers coach for the Ravens from 2002–2005, with the 2003 team finishing with a 10–6 regular season mark and winning the AFC North. In 2005, Shaw coached wide receivers Derrick Mason to a Ravens record of 86 receptions and 1,073 receiving yards (the third-highest Baltimore record) and Mark Clayton to a Ravens rookie record of 44 receptions for 471 yards.

Coogs 11-26-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9153378)
i'm coming around on him, and he's got an nfl background:

I think he is becomming my favorite choice right now. He should have some good connections to fill out a coaching staff that could/should be NFL caliber. Pretty intrigued with Shaw.

CaliforniaChief 11-26-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9153331)
That's BS on Ferentz. He's conservative (far too conservative) but he isn't historically-bad-offense conservative. Not even close to the suck that is Daboll and RAC. Not even close.

Do you remember the Ohio State game a few years ago where everything was on the line and we had a chance to win the game with a minute left in the 4th and the ball around our own 35?

Ferentz comes from the old school of football, and watching the Hawks this year has shown me that the game has passed him by.

We need a coach who will set new trends, go up-tempo, spread the field, and assault a defense.

Ferentz is a good guy. And I know you aren't advocating he be coach of the Chiefs...I don't even think he should coach the Hawks anymore.

CaliforniaChief 11-26-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9153366)
This.

And Brian Kelly isn't leaving Notre Dame.

Even if he wins the championship? I'm not saying you're wrong...just wondering.

Hypothetically, do you think he'd be a good NFL Head Coach?