ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Friday's Topic du jour - Favorite Christmas Movie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=14578)

Bricky 12-15-2000 09:31 AM

Mine is "A Christmas Story". When Ralphie says "oohhhh fuudge, but I didn't say fudge" is hilarious. Also when Ralphie's friend gets a beating for teaching him that word.

You'll shoot your eye out

Baby Lee 12-15-2000 09:44 AM

A college buddy and I engage in the annual war of blinding gaudy X-mas lighting. So 'natch, my favorite is 'national lampoon's - Christmas vacation.'
The scene where Clark is trying to get the lights to work and he's flinging and shaking his bundle of taped-together plug-ins, making up half-coherent curse words. Then the joy on his face when lights up, then it goes out again. . .

Makes me wanna go buy another couple thousand lights.

[This message has been edited by JC-Johnny (edited 12-15-2000).]

Bricky 12-15-2000 09:51 AM

Christmas Vacation - how about when the sewer gas blows up, sending Santa and the sled into the sky. Then Grandma sings the National Anthem finishing it up with "Play Ball"<P>

shakesthecat 12-15-2000 09:54 AM

A second for "A Christmas Story"
I love the leg lamp that the dad wins.<BR>

Phobia 12-15-2000 09:55 AM

JC - that would be AWESOME to have a tradition such as that. My traditions with old friends include such things as golfing and going to Godfathers Pizza for Sauerkraut pizza.

Mark M 12-15-2000 09:55 AM

JC--
Just seeing Quaid with the drain hose, smiling and waving while saying "shitters full," just kills me. Reminds me of my uncle (don't we all have one like that?).

While I have to agree about "Christmas Story" and Vacation, I still like the original, uncolorized "Scrooge" with Allistar Cooke (I think that's his name). Sure, the story is old, but the acting is great and for the time it was made the effects are amazing. It's not X-mas without it.

MM
~~Boring old traditionalist.

Gaz 12-15-2000 09:57 AM

"A Christmas Story"

xoxo~
gaz
sentimental old fool.

Bricky 12-15-2000 10:00 AM

Mark, I hear you. Another movie that we never miss at our house is "It's a Wonderful Life. Maybe corny, but it is a tradition.

The original Bert and Earnie (police man and taxie driver)

mlyonsd 12-15-2000 10:00 AM

It's a Wonderful Life.

I know it has been played to death but the little town depicted in the movie is what my imagination thinks a perfect place is.

Not only that but Donna Reed was hot in that movie.

mlyonsd 12-15-2000 10:01 AM

LOL@Bricky. Great minds think alike.

Baby Lee 12-15-2000 10:12 AM

Mark - yeah, Quaid is hilarious. Even funnier that the 'shi!!er's full' scene is the one where he and Clark are talking in the living room and drinking eggnog. You can see his 'dickey' [no! fake turtleneck, sheesh] under his shirt. A lot of people miss it, but once you notice it you'll never see the scene again with ROTFLYAO.<BR>

Baby Lee 12-15-2000 10:15 AM

"Can I show you something?"
"I was just... smelling-smiling. I was just blouse-browsing."
"For your wife, or your girlfriend?"
"What? What happened? Whew! I guess it wouldn't be any... wouldn't be the Christmas shopping season if the stores were any less hooter than they-hotter than they are. Whew! It is warm in here."
"Well you have your coat on."
"Yes. Oh, do I? How did that happen?"
"'Cause it's cold out?"
"Yes, yes, it is. It's a bit nipply out. I mean nippy out. What did I say, nipple? There is a nip in the air, though."
"Can I take something out for you?"
"I was just, ahhh, I was just looking at something for my wife, God rest her soul."
"Oh God, I'm so sorry."
"Oh, no, no, she's not dead. We're just divorced. She's history. And obviously she does't wear underwear, and there are plenty of shopping days left until adultery, that is adulthood, which is to say Christmas, as in yule, yule log. Not a log, I don't have a log, but I mean, you know, if I had a log, not in the sense that you think I said I did... Good golly. 'Tis the season to be merry."
"Well, that's my name."
"No ****."
"... These are cut really high on the hip. Look, I'm wearing something similar. See, you can't see the lines."
"Can't see the line, can you, Russ?"
"No."

Baby Lee 12-15-2000 10:24 AM

Or the sledding scene

"You know that metal plate in my head?"

"Ah! How could I forget?"

"I had to have it replaced, because every time Catherine revved up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for a half-hour or so. "

Bricky 12-15-2000 10:25 AM

JC LMAO I am going to watch Christmas Vacation tonight. <P>

Mark M 12-15-2000 10:39 AM

JC--
Love the "dickey" under the sweater. That and the neighbors who keep having crap happen to them (reminds me of my parents' neighbors in JoCo).

"If that cat had nine lives, he just spent them all!"

The cat food on the jello mold is another classic scene.

Anyone still like to see the old "Rudolph" stop-motion animation cartoons? Even with all of the computer technology available, those are still great.

MM
~~Feeling like a kid again.

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 12-15-2000).]