ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Which teams improved with new coach/front office (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268957)

ChiefGator 01-16-2013 08:14 AM

Which teams improved with new coach/front office

I think it is abundantly clear to everyone that we are vastly improved.

Did any other teams improve (on paper) through coaching and front office changes? Seems like good established coaches getting fired, but noone really good stepping in to replace them.

Hoover 01-16-2013 08:21 AM

Nope, none of them.

ChiefGator 01-16-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9323574)
Nope, none of them.

I agree... been an interesting off-season already, but it seems like there are less available good coaches than normal. Maybe more staying in college and not making the jump to the pros.. not sure.

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 08:34 AM

Alot of openings, very few good coaches available. Clark looks brilliant now.

ChiefMojo 01-16-2013 08:39 AM

So far I would rank the HC hires as....

1) Chicago
2) Buffalo
3) San Diego
4) Cleveland

The big names aren't being hired or biting on the jobs. We blow everyone out of the water in that department. Kind of surprised Lovie Smith hasn't been hired by anyone?

milkman 01-16-2013 08:42 AM

I think it's far too early to draw any conclusions.

I am one of the few that doesn't believe that Andy Reid was a home run.

Mike McCoy, who the Chargers hired, was on my list of favorite candidates, but Tom Telesco would not excite me were I a Charger fan.

Marc Trestman, who was my favorite darkhorse candidate, is on the short list for the Bears, being called back for another interview.

I would be more excited about this offseason with John Dorsey as GM, and either McCoy or Trestman as HC.

milkman 01-16-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9323638)
So far I would rank the HC hires as....

1) Chicago
2) Buffalo
3) San Diego

The big names aren't being hired or biting on the jobs. We blow everyone out of the water in that department. Kind of surprised Lovie Smith hasn't been hired by anyone?

The Bears haven't yet hired a coach.

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9323644)
The Bears haven't yet hired a coach.

I think they did hire him

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4315--nfl.html

milkman 01-16-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9323657)

Just over 2 hours ago.

The planet is lagging.

RUSH 01-16-2013 09:19 AM

I think the Chargers improved also but that's mainly due to anything being an upgrade over Smith and Turner. And let's be honest that's the same case as the Chiefs, though our new coach is more proven. If Telesco was largely involved with that first Colts draft then they are in good hands.

Really like what Emery has done in Chicago. Number 1 priority was fixing Cutler and the offense. Trestman is a bold outside the box hire to do so. He's had successful offenses everywhere he has gone.

Emery is really impressive to me. His season ending press conference was amazing and very thorough. Wish we could have kept him here and undoubtedly would have this team in a better spot if he was the GM instead of Pioli.

Hate what the Browns, Jets and Panthers did. Remains to be seen with the Jags but that's seems like a good GM hire.

TEX 01-16-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9323641)
I think it's far too early to draw any conclusions.

I am one of the few that doesn't believe that Andy Reid was a home run.

Mike McCoy, who the Chargers hired, was on my list of favorite candidates, but Tom Telesco would not excite me were I a Charger fan.

Marc Trestman, who was my favorite darkhorse candidate, is on the short list for the Bears, being called back for another interview.

I would be more excited about this offseason with John Dorsey as GM, and either McCoy or Trestman as HC.

I agree but Reid has the name (credibility) and KC needed that part of it as well as a need for a good HC.

htismaqe 01-16-2013 10:45 AM

Not getting Dorsey without Andy Reid.

Reid brought him here.

The only way you're getting a Mike McCoy or Marc Trestman is if you have a Scott Pioli all-powerful GM like both Chicago and San Diego have.

milkman 01-16-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9323975)
Not getting Dorsey without Andy Reid.

Reid brought him here.

The only way you're getting a Mike McCoy or Marc Trestman is if you have a Scott ***** all-powerful GM like both Chicago and San Diego have.

I understand the relationship between Reid and Dorsey is the primary reason that we were able to lure Dorsey away.

My point, however, is that I didn't really care if we hired the all powerful HC or the all powerful GM.

If we had hired Marc Ross or Tom Gamble along with Mike McCoy or Marc Trestman, I would have been good with that.

At the end of the day, I am just not a fan of Andy Reid's philosophies.

htismaqe 01-16-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9324001)
I understand the relationship between Reid and Dorsey is the primary reason that we were able to lure Dorsey away.

My point, however, is that I didn't really care if we hired the all powerful HC or the all powerful GM.

If we had hired Marc Ross or Tom Gamble along with Mike McCoy or Marc Trestman, I would have been good with that.

I'm definitely NOT a Mike McCoy fan. At all.

And I'm sick of the "all powerful GM" model. It hasn't gotten us shit.

Rausch 01-16-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9324001)

At the end of the day we didn't decide to mimic some other franchise and we won't be trading for their b/u QB.

Our owner finally got the message and hired a HC that values QB as much or more than anyone. He values the passing game. In fact he inflates the value of QB's on his team and then releases them and picks another grape off the vine and does it all over again.

Oh, good GAWD do we need that.

Then he hires Mr. Jarhead to contrast him but at the same time they already have a very good working relationship/friendship.

This isn't clinging on someone else's coat tails or trying to copy some "way" of winning.

THIS is why for the first time in forever I think we have a chance...