ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Regular Refs screwed us (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264760)

Mr. Laz 10-07-2012 01:59 PM

Regular Refs screwed us

where are the replacement refs when you need 'em

Seraphim 10-07-2012 02:00 PM

Cassel thoroughly screwed your team.

Molitoth 10-07-2012 02:00 PM

I suppose, but if cassel was benched earlier it may have not even been on the refs to blame.

GoShox 10-07-2012 02:01 PM

The turnovers were really awful and screwed us over the most.

But I will say, there were some very interesting calls there..

mcaj22 10-07-2012 02:01 PM

not the 4 turnovers from Cassel

really? not the fumble at the goalline? Not Romeo and Pioli?

none of them, just the refs right

Chiefspants 10-07-2012 02:01 PM

Cassel & Pioli screwed us, the refs were fine.

ArrowheadHawk 10-07-2012 02:01 PM

No ****ing way that mother ****er Flacco was down or even stopped before the fumble.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-07-2012 02:01 PM

Just stop baby. The chiefs are to blame not the refs. That Game plan was a joke if you don't trust Cassel BENCH HIM.

Munson 10-07-2012 02:02 PM

The refs don't matter.

Casshole ****ed us yet again.

petegz28 10-07-2012 02:02 PM

I have to say that we shot ourselves in the foot a lot. But after all that it still came down to a bad call by the Refs

Old Dog 10-07-2012 02:04 PM

Bullshit

Marc Castle was and will continute to be the problem.

notorious 10-07-2012 02:04 PM

I am not going to cry about it. We took a step in the right direction for the long-term.

petegz28 10-07-2012 02:04 PM

And I will say one of the INT's, though a bad decision, was clearly PI. Seems the Refs were on any little thing we did and quick to turn an eye to the Ravens

Reaper16 10-07-2012 02:04 PM

All those big calls were correct. Forward progress gets called on sack plays all the time, as a quarterback protection measure. Chiefs benefited from the same officiating tendency just a few weeks ago, on that safety play in New Orleans.

There were some missed holds, but there always are some missed holds.

jspchief 10-07-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8988053)
where are the replacement refs when you need 'em

You're an imbecile.

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2012 02:05 PM

Laz

:facepalm:

Pasta Little Brioni 10-07-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8988074)
not the 4 turnovers from Cassel

really? not the fumble at the goalline? Not Romeo and Pioli?

none of them, just the refs right

Eh. Appears they were calling any score back via penalty anyway. **** it.

Goldmember 10-07-2012 02:05 PM

BULLSHIT! The Chiefs screw themselves week after week. Pathetic

tk13 10-07-2012 02:06 PM

All this doesn't matter if you don't fumble at the 1.

But at the same time, I'd agree... if the replacement officials had made some of those calls people probably would've been outraged. Mob mentality, I guess.

KChiefer 10-07-2012 02:07 PM

The only team that regularly gets to stand ppl up and strip them is Da Bears. We are not Da Bears.

petegz28 10-07-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8988132)
All those big calls were correct. Forward progress gets called on sack plays all the time, as a quarterback protection measure. Chiefs benefited from the same officiating tendency just a few weeks ago, on that safety play in New Orleans.

BULLSHIT! If he throws that ball to a RB it's fine but otherwise he is down. It's ****ing bullshit. It was a bullshit call. You know it was.

lcarus 10-07-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8988123)
I am not going to cry about it. We took a step in the right direction for the long-term.

Yep. The defense was great. The run game was great. We just need a QB and we'll be a good team.

Reaper16 10-07-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8988159)
BULLSHIT! If he throws that ball to a RB it's fine but otherwise he is down. It's ****ing bullshit. It was a bullshit call. You know it was.

He physically couldn't have dumped the ball off because there were 5 Chiefs players draped over what was left of the pocket, and he literally couldn't have dumped it off because the officials blew the play dead.

Reerun_KC 10-07-2012 02:10 PM

Pete vs refs. Always a treat.

WilliamTheIrish 10-07-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

You'll never convince these "It was da refs" type of anything. ****ing reeruns. Nevermind we fumbled into the EZ, ran pick plays where we actually blocked the defensive player, and committed a trillion penalties.

These are what lost the game. No the refs.

DrunkBassGuitar 10-07-2012 02:14 PM

insane to blame the refs when the chiefs played so terribly on offense.

dj56dt58 10-07-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8988123)

No we didn't we lost..just a reason to keep going with pussy as qb

Pasta Little Brioni 10-07-2012 02:18 PM

If it's the last snap Cassel ever plays in a KC uniform...I can live with it.

Micjones 10-07-2012 02:28 PM

When you:
1. Turn the ball over three times...
2. Convert less than 50% of third down plays...
3. Fail to score in three trips to the redzone...
4. Commit 8 penalties...

While you:
1. Rush for 200 yards...
2. Hold a Top 5 scoring offense to 9 points...

You have no room to complain about referees.

Bwana 10-07-2012 02:30 PM

If numb nuts doesn't fumble the snap at the half yard line, we win.

L.A. Chieffan 10-07-2012 08:35 PM

That Quinn TD would've been so sweet. **** you refs

Pablo 10-07-2012 08:37 PM

Shit franchises don't deserve calls to go their way.

We are shit; and we deserve all the shit that gets shoveled down our throats as long as we march out Matt Cassel.

Backwards Masking 10-07-2012 08:53 PM

I wonder if the league and players on other NFL Teams will take a stand against the refs blowing this game in one call the way they did when GB was jobbed out of an entire game?

Lzen 10-07-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8988084)
Just stop baby. The chiefs are to blame not the refs. That Game plan was a joke if you don't trust Cassel BENCH HIM.

Why can't it be both? Cassel sucked. The coach didn't trust Cassel and therefore had a terrible offensive game plan. Still, the refs called some penalties that took away scores or opportunities for scores. Cassel, Crennel, AND THE REFS screwed us!

Lzen 10-07-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Those pick plays were horrible, especially the last one where the defender ran into McCluster, not the other way around.

morphius 10-07-2012 09:11 PM

My favorite part was when they showed that we obviously made the first down at the end of the first half on video replay, and the regular ref does what they do every single time we have every had them look at one of those plays and just went with what was on the field. After that the down by contact thing wasn't shocking...

Backwards Masking 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

Green Bay gets screwed out of a game by the refs - 99 percent of the league calls the refs out.

KC gets screwed out of a game by the refs - 1 percent of Chiefs Fans call them out.

it's rather baffling. not saying we didn't deserve to lose, and this is best if future, admittedly. but the refs ****ed us royally, and the league will sweep it under the rug, complete opposite reaction than when darling GB gets screwed.

lewdog 10-07-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 8990350)
Green Bay gets screwed out of a game by the refs - 99 percent of the league calls the refs out.

KC gets screwed out of a game by the refs - 1 percent of Chiefs Fans call them out.

it's rather baffling. not saying we didn't deserve to lose, and this is best if future, admittedly. but the refs ****ed us royally, and the league will sweep it under the rug, complete opposite reaction than when darling GB gets screwed.

You have to have been relevant in the NFL for the past 20 years for the league to care.

morphius 10-07-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 8990350)

These refs screw up, we get an "Oh well" from the announcers, the replacements we hear a 5 minute dialogue. These guys wanted to get paid more, and the only things I notice that are better are that they can generally tell when someone has 2 feet in on a catch, and the game moves faster. Beyond that ,sos.

JCharles1981 10-08-2012 03:28 AM

There were some missed calls, but that doesn't excuse the 5 turnovers the Chiefs committed in that game. And for the last time, WHY are the Chiefs seemingly scared of actually getting into the end zone once they reach the Red Zone?

13and3 10-08-2012 04:29 AM

The refs did screw us. I think the difference is that the replacement refs had no bias on making calls, while the regular refs sort of slant towards the big name and popular franchises when they are up against a looser like the Browns, Chiefs, Seahawks, or some other mediocre franchise.

Mojo Jojo 10-08-2012 05:02 AM

Lon Kruger once said if you put yourself in the place that a ref call can decide a game you deserve to lose.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8990382)
These refs screw up, we get an "Oh well" from the announcers, the replacements we hear a 5 minute dialogue. These guys wanted to get paid more, and the only things I notice that are better are that they can generally tell when someone has 2 feet in on a catch, and the game moves faster. Beyond that ,sos.

This game actually ended on time.

DrunkBassGuitar 10-08-2012 06:36 AM

oh noes the refs ****ed up a couple of calls and now the chiefs will only have 1 win at the end of the season and not 2

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 06:43 AM

I preferred the replacement refs, at least they eventually got it right for us, the regulars have and will always suck because they never admit to mistakes.

Easy 6 10-08-2012 06:46 AM

The blown calls wouldnt have affected the game if a change had been made sooner.

Bane 10-08-2012 06:51 AM

Take away Pisoli and Cassel,insert a legit replacement for both and the refs wouldn't have been in position to matter.At all....

bevischief 10-08-2012 07:01 AM

Cassel screwed the pooch again on national TV.

BlackHelicopters 10-08-2012 07:03 AM

Plenty of blame to go around. If one wants to throw the refs in the mix as well, why not?

htismaqe 10-08-2012 07:12 AM

Are people really bitching about the offensive PI calls?

Pick plays are ILLEGAL and for good reason.

Stanford Routt could have his season ended by an illegal pick play that WASN'T called by the stupid replacement refs.

**** the replacement refs.

Radar Chief 10-08-2012 07:17 AM

There was a whole lot more fail to that game than just the refs.

Saulbadguy 10-08-2012 07:18 AM

Surprise, surprise, ITT Laz and Pete cry like little bitches.

Radar Chief 10-08-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8991280)
Are people really bitching about the offensive PI calls?

Pick plays are ILLEGAL and for good reason.

Stanford Routt could have his season ended by an illegal pick play that WASN'T called by the stupid replacement refs.

**** the replacement refs.

Daboll should know better than to scheme plays like that. They didn’t even do a decent job of trying to disguise it.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8991288)

true.

King_Chief_Fan 10-08-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13and3 (Post 8991151)
The refs did screw us. I think the difference is that the replacement refs had no bias on making calls, while the regular refs sort of slant towards the big name and popular franchises when they are up against a looser like the Browns, Chiefs, Seahawks, or some other mediocre franchise.

:doh!:

AussieChiefsFan 10-08-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13and3 (Post 8991151)

Except it doesn't matter that the replacements weren't biased because they were so nervous they kept making game changing errors.

The Bad Guy 10-08-2012 07:26 AM

Shocker dickbag Laz makes a stupid thread and doesn't come back after he's roasted.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 8991308)
Except it doesn't matter that the replacements weren't biased because they were so nervous they kept making game changing errors.

And this is a guy that learned everything he knows about football from playing freaking Madden...

:thumb:

Mr. Laz 10-08-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8991311)
Shocker dickbag Laz makes a stupid thread and doesn't come back after he's roasted.

why in the **** would i give a shit about your douchebag opinion?

I didn't get roasted, got a bunch of people saying 'it does matter if the refs screwed up, we suck'

I was still right about the refs screwing up.

they ****ed us

oh ya .... go **** yourself.

Mr. Laz 10-08-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8991288)

true, but they still ****ed us.

In fact that quick whistle on the Flacco sack/fumble directly negative a go ahead score with 4+ minutes to go. I few years back the league said they were going to stop the quick whistle to make sure turnovers weren't negated like that. Refs did it anyway.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8991506)

I didn't get roasted, got a bunch of people saying 'it does matter if the refs screwed up, we suck'

they ****ed us

When?

I don't see where you mentioned an actual play where we got screwed.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8991515)
true, but they still ****ed us.

In fact that quick whistle on the Flacco sack/fumble directly negative a go ahead score with 4+ minutes to go. I few years back the league said they were going to stop the quick whistle to make sure turnovers weren't negated like that. Refs did it anyway.

That wasn't a quick whistle.

He was in the grasp.

Mr. Laz 10-08-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8991516)
When?

I don't see where you mentioned an actual play where we got screwed.

you're so pissed at the chiefs there is nothing that could be said that you wouldn't take the position against the Chiefs. It's pointless to discuss with you but ...

1. quick whistle on Flacco sack/fumble ... league supposedly did away with that quick whistle to prevent turnover negation.

2. second pick call ... pick plays are 50/50 calls best and the defense lowered his shoulder and instigation contact on McCluster. Clearly not a call that should of been made against the offense.

not going to waste my breath with more but they were there for anyone being the least bit honest about it.

Hell, the Flacco whistle directly changed the game all by itself

htismaqe 10-08-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8991541)
you're so pissed at the chiefs there is nothing that could be said that you wouldn't take the position against the Chiefs. It's pointless to discuss with you but ...

You are once again making a wildly incorrect assumption but that's obviously not preventable. If you had bothered to just read my responses in this thread and not colored them with your own derision for your fellow fan, you would have seen that I was indeed interested in having a real, substantive discussion.

Quote:

1. quick whistle on Flacco sack/fumble ... league supposedly did away with that quick whistle to prevent turnover negation.

I don't know anything about the league saying they were going to change the rule. I do know that the QB "in the grasp" rule has been around for 40+ years. He was clearly down and going nowhere.

Quote:

2. second pick call ... pick plays are 50/50 calls best and the defense lowered his shoulder and instigation contact on McCluster. Clearly not a call that should of been made against the offense.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. When Stanford Routt almost lost his leg on a pick play earlier in the season, and it wasn't called, many people here simply didn't seem to care.

There's a reason pick plays are illegal. Our coaching staff should be smart enough to not call plays like that.

Quote:

not going to waste my breath with more but they were there for anyone being the least bit honest about it.

ROFL

So we hate the Chiefs and therefore we're not willing to be honest about it?

Get ****ing real.

The Bad Guy 10-08-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8991506)

they ****ed us

So it wasn't a pick play you ****ing waste? And yeah, you were roasted.

The Bad Guy 10-08-2012 10:36 AM

Parker,

You're wasting your time talking rationally with this boards trash. Everyone hates the Chiefs and if you hate them, you can't be objective like Laz.

lcarus 10-08-2012 10:37 AM

I didn't see the replay on the TD that was taken back by offensive PI. Was that truly a bad call? I saw the offensive PI on the pass to McCluster earlier, but that looked legit to me.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 10:37 AM

I thought the refs got every call right.

Chiefs weren't screwed whatsoever.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8991821)
I didn't see the replay on the TD that was taken back by offensive PI. Was that truly a bad call? I saw the offensive PI on the pass to McCluster earlier, but that looked legit to me.

They were obvious pick plays.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-08-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8990375)
You have to have been relevant in the NFL for the past 20 years for the league to care.

They should still call the games fairly. It's a ****ing joke.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-08-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 8991166)
Lon Kruger once said if you put yourself in the place that a ref call can decide a game you deserve to lose.

Baltimore didn't deserve to win either.

morphius 10-08-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8991217)
This game actually ended on time.

That was my point, outside of the game running faster, and they generally get the 2 feet in call correct. But ask them to adjust the ball by half a yard for a first down, they NEVER do that, it is one thing I was impressed with with the replacement refs. That is of course ignoring the 2 times I caught officials sneak their foot forward over the last couple of weeks as they were looking for when the first down marker is.

raybec 4 10-08-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8991821)

It was a pick, it was the correct call.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8992038)
That was my point, outside of the game running faster, and they generally get the 2 feet in call correct. But ask them to adjust the ball by half a yard for a first down, they NEVER do that, it is one thing I was impressed with with the replacement refs. That is of course ignoring the 2 times I caught officials sneak their foot forward over the last couple of weeks as they were looking for when the first down marker is.

The Ravens got a HORRIBLE spot on one play - I think it was a Rice run late in the game. It ended up being a non-issue because he got the first down by the nose of the ball but they were a good yards-and-a-half short on the spot.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8991824)
They were obvious pick plays.

Yep, they're just not usually called to that frequency.