ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Paranormal Activity (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=216544)

Lzen 10-20-2009 02:10 PM

Blair Witch was creepy and scary the first time I saw it. A while after that, it was kind of funny more than scary.

ModSocks 10-20-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6191327)
ROFL

Seriously?? Over a movie?

Yeah. Hilarious, i know. But his reaction is part of what made me want to see it. Needless to say, i'm not sure why was acting like such a bitch.

ModSocks 10-20-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6191447)
This was a ****ing reeruned movie. Much like the Blair Witch Project IMO.

I wouldn't call it reeruned. I thought it was pretty good. There really wasn't anything wrong with it. The ending was a little abrupt, but that's about it. Much better than any horror/suspense movie that Hollywood has put out recently.

Easy 6 10-20-2009 08:02 PM

I'm looking forward to this one, i'll definitely go see it.

Another one along the same lines i've seen advertised is something like 'Alien Abduction' or something like that, the trailer was being shown alot during football breaks sunday.

ModSocks 10-21-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 6192226)
I'm looking forward to this one, i'll definitely go see it.

Another one along the same lines i've seen advertised is something like 'Alien Abduction' or something like that, the trailer was being shown alot during football breaks sunday.

That one looks cool. SO does the "Fourth Kind"

Easy 6 10-21-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6193062)
That one looks cool. SO does the "Fourth Kind"

Thats it, thx...

Pink Paradise 2010 10-21-2009 10:24 PM

this movie was one of the best movies i have ever seen. its a good movie, and "clean" cut... thats all there is to it

007 10-21-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6190808)
Yep, that's exactly what happened for me with this movie. The end of the movie was definatly cool though.

If you liked Blair Witch, you'll like this. Same kind of movie, but i think this one is made much better. Much creepier and it didn't rely on it's marketing. Also, knowing that it was made w/ only a 20K budget also makes me respect the film a bit more. Cool, unique film, but don't believe the hype that it's SCARY.

Blair Witch was so damned boring I fell asleep in it. I guess I dont' even need to bother with this one.

KcMizzou 10-21-2009 11:23 PM

Saw it. It was creepy as hell with one, "OH SWEET JESUS WTF!!" moment. Goosebumps aplenty.

If you don't see it in a theater, watch it alone in the dark. (No distractions.)

KCrockaholic 10-21-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6195226)
Saw it. It was creepy as hell with one, "OH SWEET JESUS WTF!!" moment. Goosebumps aplenty.

If you don't see it in a theater, watch it alone in the dark. (No distractions.)

I totally agree.

I saw it the night it came out, the theatre wasnt packed for some reason. But it was awesome. I enjoyed all of it. I would say it was one of the best scary movies in the last 5 years.

Saccopoo 10-21-2009 11:47 PM

So this is basically a rip off of The Entity crossed with the low budget indy cult appeal of The Blair Witch project? The trailers were almost identical to those of TBWP.

KCrockaholic 10-21-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6195250)
So this is basically a rip off of The Entity crossed with the low budget indy cult appeal of The Blair Witch project? The trailers were almost identical to those of TBWP.

Blair Witch project sucked ass. This on the other hand was truly entertaining and kept me glued for 100 minutes.

Edit: Only thing similar is that they were both shot with one camera.

Saccopoo 10-21-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 6195253)
Blair Witch project sucked ass. This on the other hand was truly entertaining and kept me glued for 100 minutes.

Edit: Only thing similar is that they were both shot with one camera.

The only thing that the Blair Witch Project did was to remind me that Dramamine are still relevant. I damn near became nauseous from motion sickness with that dumbass camera being bounced around so much.

Galileo Humpkins 10-22-2009 12:07 AM

That's 97 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

KCrockaholic 10-22-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6195262)
The only thing that the Blair Witch Project did was to remind me that Dramamine are still relevant. I damn near became nauseous from motion sickness with that dumbass camera being bounced around so much.

The camera isnt as shaky in this one. Its on a stand half the time anyways.

I suggest going to see it. If youve ever encountered a ghost, or believe in ghost/spirits it will probably freak you out. Seeing it in theatres is the way to go. On a normal TV, things around you might distract you. You gotta be somewhat zoned in.