ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Homeland on Showtime (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251198)

BigRedChief 10-11-2011 08:40 PM

Homeland on Showtime

Looks promising. Lots of good actors and a premise with lots of potential.

kcxiv 10-11-2011 08:43 PM

ITs been really solid so far. I would definately recommend watching the first 2 episodes!

I like the terrorist/sleeper cell type shows!

Earthbound 10-11-2011 10:03 PM

Best new show on TV certainly. First couple weeks were great and even the wife is liking it. Hope it keeps going strong.

BigRedChief 10-15-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthbound (Post 7988008)
Best new show on TV certainly. First couple weeks were great and even the wife is liking it. Hope it keeps going strong.

Yeah, the 2nd episode was much better than the pilot. Got the wife also watching.

Baby Lee 10-15-2011 06:49 PM

Maj. Winters in the 21st century, weird.

Funny story that wasn't funny [probably] for the entities of the time. My cousin grew up with my paternal GF [Mom and Dad divorced when he was 3-4 and Mom returned to Grandma's busom]. Grandpa was what you'd call a 'coot,' dirt poor Louisiana racist, but he stormed Normandy in Marine fatigues. Teenage cousin thought it'd be funny to yell 'Boo' at him [uttered with glee at Gramps'left shoulder] in the mid-80s when Gramps was in his 60s and cousin was a teen. Cousin got a roundhouse kick to the face that would've knocked out Brock Lesnar. Reminded me of the 'tag still on' scene.

RE: Patinkin, why does such a great acting presence always get so weary of the process? I'm picturing him dropping out of the show in a month or so and just dropping off the map again.

EDIT EDIT: Mother****ing ****!! Half in the bag on cheap Vodka, and I recognize Vickie Effing Wang as W, the Alton Brown advising 'W' who told him what Bath Bath and Beyond accouterments to engage in????????????????? Mother****ing ****!!!

Jerm 10-15-2011 09:45 PM

Great twist at the end of Episode 2...really gets ya thinking.

Love this show already.

kcxiv 10-17-2011 04:44 AM

Episode 3 was bad ass, i LOVE the way they did the money transactions. I dont think they knew she was an informant at all. That was good stuff.

BigRedChief 10-17-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8001024)
Episode 3 was bad ass, i LOVE the way they did the money transactions. I dont think they knew she was an informant at all. That was good stuff.

yep, they had no idea. Good twist.

kcxiv 10-17-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8002932)
yep, they had no idea. Good twist.

SHE WAS a casualty for their greater good no matter what. Everything fits now. The hiring of a new girl, then the guy saying she's just like you were. lol

kcxiv 10-31-2011 02:10 AM

By far the best new tv show. This show is great

Buck 11-02-2011 03:38 AM

Just watched Ep 1. Very good.

Bowser 11-02-2011 01:16 PM

Really enjoying this show so far. One of the better shows this year you haven't heard of.

Baby Lee 11-02-2011 03:08 PM

for the curious, but on the fence, SHO put the series premiere online for free.

http://www.sho.com/site/order/previe...meland_s01_e01

BigRedChief 11-02-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8073995)
Really enjoying this show so far. One of the better shows this year you haven't heard of.

It's getting better every week. Top notch acting, boobage and violence what more can you ask for? ROFL

Deberg_1990 11-02-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8074969)
, boobage

Any Claire Danes boobage?

Buck 11-05-2011 12:56 AM

So what day is this show on? I have only watched the replays so far not new ones.

kcxiv 11-05-2011 01:03 AM

Sunday Night

kcxiv 11-05-2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8075157)
Any Claire Danes boobage?

No, not yet i dont think anyways. Im sure it will get there eventually. She's done it before.

Buck 11-07-2011 05:12 PM

That was a good episode, but the preview for next weeks looked amazing.

BigRedChief 11-07-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8090033)
That was a good episode, but the preview for next weeks looked amazing.

Yep, best new show this year.

Buck 11-08-2011 09:02 PM

Same Guy...
http://i.imgur.com/EcZSE.jpg

MIND = ****ED

KcMizzou 11-09-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8093374)
Same Guy...

MIND = ****ED

Yep, he was on Dead Like Me too.

BigRedChief 11-09-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8093374)
Same Guy...

MIND = ****ED

I don't think that it means what you think it means.

Buck 11-14-2011 02:53 AM

This show continues to come strong every week.

Huge revelation this week. Brody is living a pretty shitty life right now.

Buck 11-21-2011 05:23 AM

Holy shit that ****ing ending!

Bowser 11-21-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8126894)
Holy shit that ****ing ending!

Didn't exactly not see that coming, but it was still an "Oh, shit!" kind of moment.

This show has quietly turned into one of my favorites this year.

WoodDraw 11-21-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8127655)
Didn't exactly not see that coming, but it was still an "Oh, shit!" kind of moment.

This show has quietly turned into one of my favorites this year.

Yeah, you knew he had to stay in the shows plot. I like that this show progresses the plot each week. Yes, it ends with cliffhangers, but by the end of the episode, I always feel like progress forward has been made.

Bowser 11-21-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 8127691)
Yeah, you knew he had to stay in the shows plot. I like that this show progresses the plot each week. Yes, it ends with cliffhangers, but by the end of the episode, I always feel like progress forward has been made.

One thing I took from that last scene is that Brody is definitely further up the chain than I thought he was. A lot further.

Deberg_1990 11-21-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8079802)
No, not yet i dont think anyways. Im sure it will get there eventually. She's done it before.

yea, a caught a glimpse of this over the weekend. She had a sex scene but no boobage.....what gives Claire??

kcxiv 11-21-2011 04:02 PM

quickly becoming one of my favorites. At first i was like probably the best show of the fall, well its getting up there with the best shows on.

That ending was bad ass.

Buck 11-21-2011 04:10 PM

Who else thought that it was Tom Walker in the chair and that he killed himself?

He wasn't moving after the guy was calling his name.

It was a little overly-dramatic.

Baby Lee 12-05-2011 05:48 AM

I suck cock, I love it, yummy yummy yummy yummy.

Don't hear that on TV every day.

keg in kc 12-05-2011 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8171344)
I suck cock, I love it, yummy yummy yummy yummy.

This just had to be saved for posterity.

Baby Lee 12-05-2011 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8171351)
This just had to be saved for posterity.

I expected no less. ;)

Buck 12-12-2011 04:45 PM

So...****ing badass right?

I didn't watch the preview for next week so if you need to discuss it please spoiler it.

Alright, after that episode, do you think there is a mole inside Langley or do you think it's all Brody?

kcxiv 12-12-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8196543)
So...****ing badass right?

I didn't watch the preview for next week so if you need to discuss it please spoiler it.

Alright, after that episode, do you think there is a mole inside Langley or do you think it's all Brody?

I think its Saul. He's the perfect mole. Remember these writers are the writers of 24.

OmahaChief 12-15-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8196621)
I think its Saul. He's the perfect mole. Remember these writers are the writers of 24.

I don't doubt that it could be Saul. He does have some ties to the Middle East from the sound of things. I don't think it is all Brody that is for sure as he would not have know about some of those operations. It could be the boss man, can't remember his name.

Bowser 12-15-2011 02:20 PM

I've wondered about Saul from the beginning. He looks burned out, and is now pissed at his job/country for costing him his marriage.

BigRedChief 12-15-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8206300)
I've wondered about Saul from the beginning. He looks burned out, and is now pissed at his job/country for costing him his marriage.

Saul bleeds red white and blue. That would be a twist but doesn't fit the charector.

Buck 12-15-2011 11:33 PM

I still think it's the Black boss guy, David (I think that's his name.)

WoodDraw 12-16-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8207835)
Saul bleeds red white and blue. That would be a twist but doesn't fit the charector.

I think they already played that "twist" when he walked out of the polygraph and we learned more about his family life. I don't see it either.

okcchief 12-16-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8207860)

That's what I think too. I think Saul is to obvious.

Tribal Warfare 12-16-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8207860)

that half hispanic/muslim guy is another suspect, but my choice is the surveillance expert.

Buck 12-16-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8209438)
that half hispanic/muslim guy is another suspect, but my choice is the surveillance expert.

I don't think that guy was ever in the room to slip the dude a razor though.

Bowser 12-17-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8209438)

That'd be TOO obvious.

I could see it being David if not Saul. I was forgetting the whole razor blade incident.

Tribal Warfare 12-17-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8211113)
That'd be TOO obvious.

I could see it being David if not Saul. I was forgetting the whole razor blade incident.

in these shows it's the character that has very little screen time, or is a secondary character.

BigRedChief 12-20-2011 07:47 PM

I saw that coming due to an appearance on Fallon because he said he had signed up for 2nd year.

I hate Carrie being a bipolar basket case. I like her being a bad ass. Saul is a bad ass too. Staring down the VP. Ballsy.

Hootie 12-20-2011 11:41 PM

I was really, really, really disappointed with the final episode.

I'll keep watching because I tend to watch even when the shows get bad (when I start from the beginning)...but at this point I don't even care what happens.

The build up was great, but that was about all.

Buck 12-21-2011 12:23 AM

I thought it was good, not great.

I was really disappointed that we didn't really get any answers to some questions we had.

Mainly who is the mole?

The only thing of note that happened is that Walker was killed.

Hootie 12-21-2011 12:24 AM

I'm not sure anyone was a mole...

Hootie 12-21-2011 12:25 AM

I mean...it turns out they were all just covering for the VP because they knew they killed Issa...

Hootie 12-21-2011 12:25 AM

so the "mole" was the cover up

Buck 12-21-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Short Leash Hootie (Post 8224801)
I'm not sure anyone was a mole...

There has to be.

Who slipped the dude the razor?
Who warned the professor dude to not stop at his house when the CIA was chasing him?

Hootie 12-21-2011 12:26 AM

I guess, like 24, so many things were happening some of them will probably never make sense and some of them probably don't even have answers

Hootie 12-21-2011 12:28 AM

go re-watch season 1 of 24 and tell me how Nina as the mole made any sense...I'm still pissed off about that to this day...there is no way the first 15 episodes of that season support the plot twist of Nina being a mole

Buck 12-21-2011 12:31 AM

That was the only season of 24 that I watched, I was I don't know maybe 14 or 15 years old. It's been a while, but I remember that that twist came out of nowhere.

WoodDraw 12-21-2011 02:32 AM

I thought it was very average, based on the great buildup. I kept waiting for something to happen and it just never came. The only real development was the killing of a character they never developed into anything.

And the 2nd season plot of getting close to the vp to influence him sounds boring as hell. I went from loving it to feeling very meh about the entire thing.

kcxiv 12-21-2011 03:03 AM

For me, its like this. Is he really going to gain knowledge inside the government, or did he just say that, because it was either him or tom walker dying in that hallway. One of them HAD to go.

Hootie 12-21-2011 08:51 AM

that is true...they never developed Tom Walker one bit...

like I said...I was pretty pissed about the finale...

I'd have been happier if Brody had offed himself and taken out the VP so Carrie could have been right and could have had the next season center around her redemption...or not had a next season...etc...

we'll see where it goes, but weak ending

Molitoth 12-21-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Short Leash Hootie (Post 8224807)
go re-watch season 1 of 24 and tell me how Nina as the mole made any sense...I'm still pissed off about that to this day...there is no way the first 15 episodes of that season support the plot twist of Nina being a mole

As much as I loved 24, that plot twist with Nina did always piss me off. 24 was great, but it was always an inside mole that was the issue, and it got old.

Hootie 12-21-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8225164)
As much as I loved 24, that plot twist with Nina did always piss me off. 24 was great, but it was always an inside mole that was the issue, and it got old.

the fact Jack saved her life in 24 when the terrorists ordered him to kill her, the fact she went out of her way to keep Kim and Terry safe...the fact that she was so distraught about Terry finding out about her and Jack...the fact she was jealous of Terry for getting Jack back...

It was just too unbelievable and when they introduced that plot twist I was just infuriated...

and 24 is probably my favorite show of all time

Baby Lee 12-21-2011 09:47 AM

Can'[t believe you guys' opinion on the finale. I found it very gripping and very satisfying.

The tragedy of Carrie not only figuring every bit of it out, but orchestrating the mechanism for calling a halt to it, only to be convinced, not only in the minds of others, but in her own heart, that she was not only wrong but crazy was superb plotting. It's downright Shakespearian that Carries desperate effort to get the daughter to call her father is what saved the day AND that saving the day is why she thinks she's wrong about all of it, and thus crazy in a manner that cannot continue.

The vest malfunction proved that Brody was fully committed to executing the plan, AND gave him the opportunity to truthfully tell Nazir that the failure wasn't his fault [at least for a moment]. There he was, in a room filled with people who have made decision that actually deserve repercussions [though whether a fiery death is the appropriate repercussion is . . . debateable], ready to fulfull Van Stauffenberg's vision for Hitler's inner circle. This would have vindicated Carrie's efforts, but at the same time hand her another failure all the same.

The whole thing continues the season-long motif of what we know to be true depends so strongly on what we actually know, facial expressions are ambiguous, statement have varying levels of import, the littlest details we miss can change the entire situation. We remain is space even after the episode, in that given Brody's aims we don't know how getting close to the VP will play out. Honestly, compared with a terrorist attacker, or even by its own merits outright, is there really that great of a downside to having a confidant to power who has the interests of innocents in mind? It could turn out that he's just a conduit for intel that gets the bad guys out of harms way, but could Brody trust Nazir to mobilize the innocents away from attacks reliably?

And that's just the plot. Words can't express Brody's performance in the safe room, so oppresive, so conflicted, wonderfully acted.

Buck 12-21-2011 03:02 PM

I thought it worked as an episode. That suicide-bomb switch stuff was pretty intense. Had it ended right after that (at the hour mark) it would have been a great episode, but not a season finale. The extra half hour of stuff wasn't honestly that great. Walker getting killed wasn't a big thing. You knew he was going to die from the beginning. They never developed that character at all. Sure they spent an episode explaining that he loves his kid and calls the house every day, but he had about 20 minutes of screen time total in the season. Killing him wasn't a huge revelation.

I feel that the show played it safe in the finale and failed to take the risk that I expected it to.

Bowser 12-21-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8226391)
I thought it worked as an episode. That suicide-bomb switch stuff was pretty intense. Had it ended right after that (at the hour mark) it would have been a great episode, but not a season finale. The extra half hour of stuff wasn't honestly that great. Walker getting killed wasn't a big thing. You knew he was going to die from the beginning. They never developed that character at all. Sure they spent an episode explaining that he loves his kid and calls the house every day, but he had about 20 minutes of screen time total in the season. Killing him wasn't a huge revelation.

I feel that the show played it safe in the finale and failed to take the risk that I expected it to.

Carrie figuring it all out for real just before getting the zap was pretty good.

Hootie 12-21-2011 03:10 PM

I thought the acting was superb, don't get me wrong...and I won't pretend to admit that I know everything, I certainly don't, and I'm a very flawed television show watcher. Perhaps Baby Lee nailed it, I was just disappointed personally. I still really enjoyed the season.

Buck 12-21-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8226401)
Carrie figuring it all out for real just before getting the zap was pretty good.

Yup, but it wasn't really an, "Oh shit!" moment.

We all already knew that Carrie knows it's Brody.

Hootie 12-21-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8226401)

all she figured out was Brody knew Issa

and if they hadn't sealed the attack she would have figured it out way before that...

that was pretty cool I thought

Hootie 12-21-2011 03:14 PM

I just can't get behind the idea that Brody cares more about punishing the VP for war crimes and because he lost someone close to him "Issa" than he cares about his own kids and how his actions would ruin their lives forever. I don't care about the whole "Gettysburg" trip where he explains standing up for what you believe...the fact he puts Issa above his own kids is tragic and doesn't really do it for me considering the character he plays.

It no longer really makes sense that he is working for Nazir...since he obviously cares about his daughter, and his daughter talked him out of committing an act of terrorism. I guess they have his suicide tape now as leverage, but still...

I think the story of why Brody is working for Nazir when put together with the love he has for his children just doesn't do it for me...but hey, it's TV fiction so I can't really complain.

I certainly wasn't complaining during all of those 24 seasons that I found absolutely riveting.

Baby Lee 12-21-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8226425)
Yup, but it wasn't really an, "Oh shit!" moment.

We all already knew that Carrie knows it's Brody.

That's the thing, since she unwittingly successfully got the daughter to talk Brody down, she's utterly convinced that she had EVERYTHING wrong. That's why she's undergoing ECT. Don't forget she was in love with Brody too. So basically an unstable savante fell in love with someone she was convinced was a terrorist, only to turn out [apparently] he wasn't a terrorist and her conviction that he was has severed all ties to said love.

This is show that rewards paying attention. It can be taxing to keep track of what each character knows or thinks they know and why. But it presents a compelling tapestry where some people are objectively monsters or crackpots or rights violators or terrorists or powermongers, yet when you isolate the information each ACTUALLY has in hand, they are each in turn reacting at the very least quasi-rationally.

mnchiefsguy 01-15-2012 07:57 PM

Homeland just won the golden globe for best drama series, so it is getting some good recognition.

BigRedChief 01-15-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8300700)
Homeland just won the golden globe for best drama series, so it is getting some good recognition.

Best new show this year.:thumb:

kcxiv 01-15-2012 10:13 PM

Danes also won for best actress i believe.

Baby Lee 08-18-2012 09:17 AM

JIMP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xh_TPjZJCRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 08-18-2012 02:59 PM

This show was a suprise hit for me last year. Definitely looking forward to watching this season.

ChiefsFanatic 08-19-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8828602)
JIMP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xh_TPjZJCRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was awesome.

BigRedChief 08-19-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8828602)
JIMP

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xh_TPjZJCRc" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

:clap: fantastic!

KevB 09-05-2012 12:40 AM

Just watched all 12 episodes over the last four days. Outstanding series. I wanted more closure out of the finale, but upon reflection, I really appreciate how it played out. It was just so very well done and well acted.

On his motivation (re: love for Issa vs. his own kids), Brody was doing it for his kids. He felt that was extreme injustice in the world, and the leader of that injustice was soon to be running the country his family lives in. In his own jaded sense of purpose, he thought that he was doing right by his family.

Baby Lee 09-15-2012 10:36 AM

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13477270129723

BigRedChief 09-30-2012 07:14 PM

Starts back up tonight. Glad to see the Emmy's for the show. Beat out Mad Men. I re-watched the Brody in the bunker with the suicide vest scene. The emotions as he goes through was a fantastic display of quality acting

Pants 09-30-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8965069)
Starts back up tonight. Glad to see the Emmy's for the show. Beat out Mad Men. I re-watched the Brody in the bunker with the suicide vest scene. The emotions as he goes through was a fantastic display of quality acting

When the wife dropped the Holy Qur'an tonight, I thought Damian Lewis was a devout Muslim for real. He's such a good ****ing actor.