ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert not going anywhere. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272686)

penbrook 05-05-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9660536)
So been out and about, any new news on this?

Nope. People think it means hes coming back to KC. With a contract? Who knows.

seaofred 05-06-2013 08:19 AM

Per Andy Reid, Albert has not signed a new deal.. Yet, but they are talking. He said this on 610 this morning, so no link.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 10:20 AM

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Chiefs LT Branden Albert "realizes" he'll be playing in Kansas City this season, and that both sides want to get an extension done.

CaliforniaChief 05-06-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9661546)
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Chiefs LT Branden Albert "realizes" he'll be playing in Kansas City this season, and that both sides want to get an extension done.

:clap:

CaliforniaChief 05-06-2013 10:27 AM

Not related to Albert really, but man Geno Smith is just getting KILLED by the media right now.

ChiefAshhole20 05-06-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9661562)
Not related to Albert really, but man Geno Smith is just getting KILLED by the media right now.

They need something to bitch about now that Tebow is gone.

Mav 05-06-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9661616)
They need something to bitch about now that Tebow is gone.

uh, they have sanchez for that. The fact is that perception becomes reality, and perception is that this guy is Ryan Leaf 2.0 when it comes to TEMPERMENT and professionalism.

Tribal Warfare 05-06-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9661546)

wanting to do it and actually following through with a compromised agreement are two different things. In which case I'm not holding my breath

Mav 05-06-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9661656)
wanting to do it and actually following through with a compromised agreement are two different things. I which case I'm not holding my breath

I hope they both can get something done. Something in the 4 years range, about 8-9 mil. I dont think the chiefs go any longer than that, and if he passes that up, thinking he will get more next year, hes going to be sadly disappointed. 30 year old LEFT TACKLES dont get long term deals. he will be looking at a Bryant McKinnie type deal. For those that dont know. He signed a two year 7 mil contract to go crawling back to the ravens.

thats 3.5 mil a year for a super bowl winning left tackle.....

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-06-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9661640)
uh, they have sanchez for that. The fact is that perception becomes reality, and perception is that this guy is Ryan Leaf 2.0 when it comes to TEMPERMENT and professionalism.

Projection.
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis 05-06-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9661660)
I hope they both can get something done. Something in the 4 years range, about 8-9 mil. I dont think the chiefs go any longer than that, and if he passes that up, thinking he will get more next year, hes going to be sadly disappointed. 30 year old LEFT TACKLES dont get long term deals. he will be looking at a Bryant McKinnie type deal. For those that dont know. He signed a two year 7 mil contract to go crawling back to the ravens.

thats 3.5 mil a year for a super bowl winning left tackle.....

Idiot.

BossChief 05-06-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9662980)
Idiot.

He's right.

O.city 05-06-2013 06:26 PM

Well, apparently both sides want to get a deal done now, so hopefully something happens soon.

aturnis 05-06-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9663240)
He's right.

Do I care if he's right about the circumstances? No.

I'm calling him an idiot b/c he keeps acting like "Superbowl winning LT" means something. Tackles don't win Superbowls. Period.

aturnis 05-06-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9663250)
Well, apparently both sides want to get a deal done now, so hopefully something happens soon.

I love how the media turned Albert into a bad guy. He may not have handled things in the smartest way, but he's always wanted to be right here and I don't believe his demands were ever as high as has been reported.

The Chiefs made him look like a guy unwilling to deal b/c they wanted to recoup their 2nd round pick mistake and made it look like it was b/c he wouldn't deal. Bullshit. It was obvious they were dead set on getting a 2nd back.

Sandy Vagina 05-06-2013 07:55 PM

I really preferred all along that Albert stick around... at least for another season. You don't want to roll into yr 1 of a new offense with two new OTs... and getting meager 3rd round value for Albert is not a win.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-06-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9663441)
I love how the media turned Albert into a bad guy. He may not have handled things in the smartest way, but he's always wanted to be right here and I don't believe his demands were ever as high as has been reported.

The Chiefs made him look like a guy unwilling to deal b/c they wanted to recoup their 2nd round pick mistake and made it look like it was b/c he wouldn't deal. Bullshit. It was obvious they were dead set on getting a 2nd back.

Well **** brah; don't you know he's suppposed to say "**** my future; I'm gettin' on board the Alex Smith train to destiny, so just pay me a few bucks and we're ALL GOOD"!?
Posted via Mobile Device

ThadEugenia 05-06-2013 09:43 PM

Albert isn't going anywhere any time soon - that's for sure. We need two chubbys on the line.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 09:43 PM

Just waiting to see that he's signed long-term

GoChargers 05-06-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9661562)

Who doesn't the New York media bitch about?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-06-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9663853)
Who doesn't the New York media bitch about?

The first time I heard one them call Fat Scott "Pay-oli", I knew I loved NY sports radio.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThadEugenia 05-06-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9663882)
The first time I heard one them call Fat Scott "Pay-oli", I knew I loved NY sports radio.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad that bastard is gone. Did NFL Network discard him too?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-06-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThadEugenia (Post 9663885)
Glad that bastard is gone. Did NFL Network discard him too?

No, he and his motor city twin Matt Millen provided insightful draft analysis that only two such staggering titans of drafting genius could possibly do.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThadEugenia 05-06-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9663957)
No, he and his motor city twin Matt Millen provided insightful draft analysis that only two such staggering titans of drafting genius could possibly do.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope he likes his new job - it suits him.

Mav 05-06-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9663435)
Do I care if he's right about the circumstances? No.

I'm calling him an idiot b/c he keeps acting like "Superbowl winning LT" means something. Tackles don't win Superbowls. Period.

So, Bryant McKinnie protecting Joe Flacco, against Aldon Smith, and Justin Smith, meant absolutely nothing? Bullshit. McKinnie was single manning Aldon Smith all game, and Aldon never sniffed the qb. Our only pressures came off the other side, over Michael Oher.

But nah, left tackles, they are USELESS. My point was correct. He needs to get him money now, he wont get it last year. My example was what happened to McKinnie. Sorry that went over your head. Oh thats right, im just Alex Smith Fan, no actual FOOTBALL point could be anything because all i do is profess how great alex smith is right?

Mother****erJones 05-07-2013 06:04 AM

@nfl: Branden Albert, Chiefs start contract extension talks: http://t.co/EXrBnRfcUa

@Jacobs71: In NFL article "Per Rapoport, Albert is seeking a contract on par with the six-year, $53.4 million extension signed by Texans Duane Brown

jd1020 05-07-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9664497)
@Jacobs71: In NFL article "Per Rapoport, Albert is seeking a contract on par with the six-year, $53.4 million extension signed by Texans Duane Brown

I wonder how close he'll get to that with the yes man Dorsey on the other side of the table.

Rausch 05-07-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9664521)
I wonder how close he'll get to that with the yes man Dorsey on the other side of the table.

Phat Andy...

Mike in SW-MO 05-07-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9664521)

Might come pretty close on paper w/late contract salary balloon a la Tyson Jackson.

I wonder how big a bonus he wants and how much actual per year he needs.

18 M bonus plus base 4M/ year w/another 10 spread over late years he'll never see unless he dominated would get him ballpark. They can juggle the numbers lots if ways.

Depends on if he truly wants paid or if he wants his name on a big contract for ego sake.

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-10-2013 05:25 PM

Chiefs
Branden Albert expected at Chiefs practice next week
May 10
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Read more Chiefs

Rookie tackle Eric Fisher, selected by the Chiefs with the first overall pick in the NFL Draft last month, was at right tackle today for the beginning of a three-day rookie camp at their Truman Sports Complex practice facility.

“He’ll be in here Monday,” coach Andy Reid said of Albert. “Branden will play the left side for right now and Eric will play the right side. I think that gives you two pretty good bookends right there. We also know we have Donald Stephenson, who is also a good football player.”

“He (Albert) is very eager to get going. He’s very excited.”

Following the conclusion of the rookie camp, the Chiefs resume full-squad practice on Tuesday.

After the sides were unable to agree on terms of a long-term contract, the Chiefs designated Albert as their franchise player, effectively preventing him from testing the free-agent market. Albert soon signed the Chiefs’ one-year contract offer worth $9.83 million but has stayed away from the team’s voluntary offseason conditioning program that began April 1.

He also was absent for last month’s full-squad mini-camp.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/10...#storylink=cpy

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-01-2013 02:37 PM

July 15 is right around the corner.

Mr. Laz 07-01-2013 07:38 PM

I don't think July 15th matters

Imo the Chiefs are going to run Albert on the franchise tag for one year. Because of his age his asking price is not going to go up. If he gets injured again his asking price will have to drop. If Fisher is a stud then they will want to move him to left tackle anyway.

It's Alberts last year as a Chief unless he drops his contract demands.

Imo next year he won't get what he's asking for either so he might as well.

Who know, maybe Fisher will look so good in the preseason that the Chiefs might trade Albert this year. Another team loses a left tackle to injury and the chiefs could get good value.

Saul Good 07-01-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9787213)
I don't think July 15th matters

Imo the Chiefs are going to run Albert on the franchise tag for one year. Because of his age his asking price is not going to go up. If he gets injured again his asking price will have to drop. If Fisher is a stud then they will want to move him to left tackle anyway.

It's Alberts last year as a Chief unless he drops his contract demands.

Imo next year he won't get what he's asking for either so he might as well.

Who know, maybe Fisher will look so good in the preseason that the Chiefs might trade Albert this year. Another team loses a left tackle to injury and the chiefs could get good value.

Some team that happens to have an extra $10,000,000 in cap room?

Mother****erJones 07-01-2013 08:05 PM

Albert is ****ed IMO. His age and back problems from last year will affect his price. Now I hope he's healthy this year I like him as a player just not elite money on a long term deal.

O.city 07-01-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9787267)
Albert is ****ed IMO. His age and back problems from last year will affect his price. Now I hope he's healthy this year I like him as a player just not elite money on a long term deal.

His age? He's coming off his rookie deal.

If he has a good year, he's getting paid somewhere

O.city 07-01-2013 08:09 PM

Iirc, someone said they heard Clayton or someone state they were going to resume talks after the 4th Holliday

RunKC 07-01-2013 08:09 PM

This is going to be interesting. Keeping Albert and shelling out more money on a 2nd franchise year deal would be a terrible move, but so would just letting him walk and hoping for a 3rd rd comp pick.

Mother****erJones 07-01-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9787272)
His age? He's coming off his rookie deal.

If he has a good year, he's getting paid somewhere

Branden will be 29 this november and with back spasms last year thats is iffy to me. I dont know how many full healthy seasons he has left. I would love for him to stay just not at some crazy elite LT deal.

O.city 07-01-2013 08:28 PM

If he's healthy, which judging by the fact were ok with franchising him I hope he is, just sign him and forget about the tackle spot. We've spent enough resources up there for a while

O.city 07-01-2013 08:30 PM

If his back isn't ok or if it didnt check out, I doubt we would have franchised him

lead_block 07-01-2013 08:31 PM

Braden Wilson will be declared the best blocking FB in football after this year.

Mother****erJones 07-01-2013 08:33 PM

ROFL

penbrook 07-01-2013 08:36 PM

Yep Clayton reported on NFL32 about a week ago talks will resume after July 4th as he used the word Optimistic that a deal will get done.

Mother****erJones 07-01-2013 08:38 PM

I doubt that they get a deal done although Albert should realize his options are dogshit if he's not an UFA

O.city 07-01-2013 08:49 PM

He doesn't really have any other options at this point. He signe his tender, either he's the franchise player or they get a deal done.

If 10 mil is a dog shit option, I'll take dog shit everyday