ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports U.S. soccer ratings top NBA Finals (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284773)

ChiefsCountry 07-03-2014 11:29 AM

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013...ll-tv-ratings/

ModSocks 07-03-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhed (Post 10728900)
Currently as big as hockey? In 20 years, bigger than baseball?

:hmmm:

This year's World Cup crushed last year's World Series. The highest rated game from the World Series pulled 19million viewers.

It's sad that people spend so much time trying to convince others that a particular sport sucks, rather than just taking the time to learn and enjoy the sport. I've been hearing all month about how Americans dont like Soccer....yet the numbers suggest that it's only behind football.

It seems that more Americans enjoy the World Cup more than "America's favorite pastime".

There isn't an argument to be had anymore.

notorious 07-03-2014 11:31 AM

All but two teams were left in the NBA finals. That cuts a lot of fans out, thus lower ratings.

Anyone that says that the NBA sucks hasn't been watching the playoffs the last few years. It has been fantastic compared to the early/mid 2000's.

The regular season is an AIDS fire, though.

RealSNR 07-03-2014 11:31 AM

The NBA finals were over after Game 3.

Had that been a 7 game series, I imagine the viewer ratings would be far different.

|Zach| 07-03-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanathol (Post 10729259)
There are ~40-50 million illegals here right now... coincidence? I think not...

You think all those Mexico fans become US soccer fans all the sudden. The rivals?

ModSocks 07-03-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10729261)

Old article is old.

Eleazar 07-03-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10729249)
What do you expect from a coochsie thread?

The article is on the front page of ESPN.com, dumbass

ChiefsCountry 07-03-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10729264)
All but two teams were left in the NBA finals. That cuts a lot of fans out, thus lower ratings.

Anyone that says that the NBA sucks hasn't been watching the playoffs the last few years. It has been fantastic compared to the early/mid 2000's.

The regular season is an AIDS fire, though.

Its KU basketball fans around these parts that generally think NBA basketball sucks.

notorious 07-03-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10729266)
You think all those Mexico fans become US soccer fans all the sudden. The rivals?

I am not backing his post, but you can not discount a huge boost of millions of Mexican viewers in the US.

|Zach| 07-03-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10729265)
The NBA finals were over after Game 3.

Had that been a 7 game series, I imagine the viewer ratings would be far different.

Yea, there was a game 7 in...what was it...2013? I am reading it got 26 millionish.

ModSocks 07-03-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10729266)

Don't talk to him. He's a dumbass. He pulled those numbers out of his ass and then assumes that all Illegals are Mexican.

He's one of the biggest biggoted dumbasses on the board. Don't think for a second that he can carry any sort of logical conversation.

ModSocks 07-03-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10729270)
I am not backing his post, but you can not discount a huge boost of millions of Mexican viewers in the US.

And why does that matter? Are their numbers excluded when talking about the other major sports?

Last time i checked Mexicans also like football and baseball.

Baby Lee 07-03-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10729262)
This year's World Cup crushed last year's World Series. The highest rated game from the World Series pulled 19million viewers.

It's sad that people spend so much time trying to convince others that a particular sport sucks, rather than just taking the time to learn and enjoy the sport. I've been hearing all month about how Americans dont like Soccer....yet the numbers suggest that it's only behind football.

It seems that more Americans enjoy the World Cup more than "America's favorite pastime".

There isn't an argument to be had anymore.

I'd be perfectly happy if they just ignored it if they don't like it.

I can't think of any other entertainment or enjoyment medium that has more people popping in to tell others how much they dislike it.

I don't go to SoapOperaPlanet, or RealityTVPlanet to tell people there that I think their shows suck and only gay people watch them.

I don't go to VeganPlanet or IHeartBrussellsSproutsPlanet to tell that that their diet sucks and only gay people eat that way.

Maybe its just me.

KC_Connection 07-03-2014 11:37 AM

And with the huge nationalism element gone now (which doesn't exist in professional basketball obviously), the remaining World Cup games will get nothing close to that in the US.

|Zach| 07-03-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10729275)
I'd be perfectly happy if they just ignored it if they don't like it.

I can't think of any other entertainment or enjoyment medium that has more people popping in to tell others how much they dislike it.

I don't go to SoapOperaPlanet, or RealityTVPlanet to tell people there that I think their shows suck and only gay people watch them.

I don't go to VeganPlanet or IHeartBrussellsSproutsPlanet to tell that that their diet sucks and only gay people eat that way.

Maybe its just me.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2..._r1_400-1-.gif