ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 1 gap 3-4; how do you think it will shake out? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268761)

Sorter 01-11-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9306487)
oooooooooooooh yes he waaaaaaaaaaaaaas.LMAO

he played under the LT a lot as I recall.

Here;s an example of our 2-3-6 against NE. Bailey plays the same position as Tyson in subs and base fronts; Tyson is playing the 3 tech in b/w the RG and RT.

http://imageshack.us/a/img685/600/connolly1.png

Explain to me how our DL plays over the LT in subs again?

O.city 01-11-2013 04:12 PM

Good grief, Jackson put on a shit ton of weight this year. No wonder he sucked so much asshole.

Jackson is weird, cause if he could do what he did at LSU, he'd fit the 1 gap scheme pretty well. He was a high motor guy there. The 2 gap Romeo bullshit has infected this whole org.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9306497)

When he called Goatse "Wendler" it ocurred to me that, while the name is new, he's clearly not a noob. So I looked at his post count and realized he'd been here awhile.

Then I hovered over his screen name and realize it was Lou_Zare.

Then I punched myself in the balls for wasting time responding to that assclown. He's Blackbobian in his ability to be wrong. Every. Single. Time.

And he adds his Blackbobian understanding of the game with a Dane-like streak if prickishness anytime anyone dares point out his inanity.

I'm thinking any additional effort put into schooling this ****tard is wasted effort.

Sorter 01-11-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306505)
When he called Goatse "Wendler" it ocurred to me that, while the name is new, he's clearly not a noob. So I looked at his post count and realized he'd been here awhile.

Then I hovered over his screen name and realize it was Lou_Zare.

Then I punched myself in the balls for wasting time responding to that assclown. He's Blackbobian in his ability to be wrong. Every. Single. Time.

And he adds his Blackbobian understanding of the game with a Dane-like streak if prickishness anytime anyone dares point out his inanity.

I'm thinking any additional effort put into schooling this ****tard is wasted effort.

**** me. Should have known.

saphojunkie 01-11-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9306441)
Rex's system is but IIRC, Sutton calls for more pure 1-gap (shades from the NT) than Rex. Additionally, Rex isn't a true 46 recently and does have his nose and DEs play more 1-gap philosophies.

Pestilence posted a great breakdown in the "Reid finalizing..." thread. Basically he has coached in Every system known. I am not exactly pumped about the hire, but I am definitely withholding judgment.

Andy Reid gets some slack to take at least one or two chances on his staff.

Sorter 01-11-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9306517)
Pestilence posted a great breakdown in the "Reid finalizing..." thread. Basically he has coached in Every system known. I am not exactly pumped about the hire, but I am definitely withholding judgment.

Yeah, I;m only enthused because of his experience in different systems + us staying in a 34 front. Guess the Cardinals told us to **** right on off about Horton. Bummer.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9306517)

Here's my worry, though.

When Pioli hired Haley, my response to the Pioli-smokers was essentially "Hey, even if we assume he was the mastermind of the Patriots roster, we know he had nothing to do with hiring coaches so why take him at face value on the hiring?"

Pioli knew nothing about hiring head coaches so I was loathe to give him too much rope.

Well Reid's dicked up his last few DC hires....so why give him rope in this area?

I'm going to give him a chance because it's only fair, but I'm not giving him any more rope than I would have if Pioli had hired him. There's nothing in Reid's track record to suggest that he's worth a damn at finding qualified DCs.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2013 04:26 PM

Another reeruned baby seal just got the club.

Sorter 01-11-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9306538)
Another reeruned baby seal just got the club.

BOOM

O.city 01-11-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306536)
Here's my worry, though.

When ***** hired Haley, my response to the *****-smokers was essentially "Hey, even if we assume he was the mastermind of the Patriots roster, we know he had nothing to do with hiring coaches so why take him at face value on the hiring?"

***** knew nothing about hiring head coaches so I was loathe to give him too much rope.

Well Reid's dicked up his last few DC hires....so why give him rope in this area?

I'm going to give him a chance because it's only fair, but I'm not giving him any more rope than I would have if ***** had hired him. There's nothing in Reid's track record to suggest that he's worth a damn at finding qualified DCs.

This.

The one thing I will give him credit for on this, is that it seems he went and got the guy who's style fits whats here, not forcing guys into roles they aren't as good at.

Titty Meat 01-11-2013 04:46 PM

Suttons record looks like Gunthers if he never had DT.

RunKC 01-11-2013 04:54 PM

Andy Reid's track record with DC's (outside of Jim Johnson) is below average.

This is an uninspiring hire to me.

But I'll see what happens.

saphojunkie 01-11-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306536)
Here's my worry, though.

When ***** hired Haley, my response to the *****-smokers was essentially "Hey, even if we assume he was the mastermind of the Patriots roster, we know he had nothing to do with hiring coaches so why take him at face value on the hiring?"

***** knew nothing about hiring head coaches so I was loathe to give him too much rope.

I'm going to give him a chance because it's only fair, but I'm not giving him any more rope than I would have if ***** had hired him. There's nothing in Reid's track record to suggest that he's worth a damn at finding qualified DCs.

Yeah, I think that's about where I'm at. Love the Reid hire. Love the broad changes in the front office.

Overall, I am way more on the side of "players make the coach" and not the other way around, but I think we have earned the right to remain a little skeptical.

Nightfyre 01-11-2013 05:24 PM

As far as I am concerned, we should bring back the whole lot of lineman and re-evaluate them at the appropriate condition and within the new scheme. Let's be real. There is a lot of PHYSICAL talent in our D-Line. Who the **** knows how the two-gap read and react bullshit ****ed up their mental approach to the game.

Basically, we need to can our perception of these players under the read and react defense and give them a chance to show what they can do when they are just bulldozing a gap. I have a feeling the mental aspect of the 2-gap approach was slowing down many of these players' ability to effectively get off the line. I am going to give each of them a clean slate.

Ace Gunner 01-11-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9306497)
Here;s an example of our 2-3-6 against NE. Bailey plays the same position as Tyson in subs and base fronts; Tyson is playing the 3 tech in b/w the RG and RT.

http://imageshack.us/a/img685/600/connolly1.png

Under is what I said, as in under front or inside the LT. Just because a DL lines up in a gap does not mean he's stuck there. there are many plays involving stunt/twist movements as you know.

JFC the children are coming out to play today.

We all know Bailey's odds of sticking in the NFL are slim, as is the case with most players drafted mid late rounds etc. I just want to hold up on calling him done.