ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Packers lose LT Bulaga to ACL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275078)

Easy 6 08-05-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9859460)
Bulaga's injury prone, when he returns next year he will have been out for almost two entire seasons. Albert would solidify the position for them.

For those who want to keep Albert, you do realize that he's walking after this season right?

Secondly, none of us think that the Chiefs are currently contenders, so way not spin a one year guy for a late first round pick? Do you want to be 8-8 or 10-6 this year and lose Albert, or would you rather be 8-8 or worse this year and have two first round picks to continue to build this team?

I'm not 100% sold, but there is definitely some widom to this... and we might not have to settle for 8-8 if Stephensons as good as some think.

BlackHelicopters 08-05-2013 08:21 AM

Trade Fisher. We can always get another MAC player 1.1 next year.

Easy 6 08-05-2013 08:25 AM

Yeah **** it, i'm sold now... love ya Branden, but it was happening next year anyway, bye.

Dayze 08-05-2013 08:26 AM

there's still time to trade Bowe and next year's 1st and 2nd for Jake Long.

Ace Gunner 08-05-2013 08:29 AM

branden albert planet

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9859463)
In one of the predictions threads you were saying 5 to 7 wins anyway.
So what you are really saying is that there won't be a very noticeable drop off if we trade Albert.

I'd say there is a huge difference between a 4 win team and a 7 win team.

Chief Roundup 08-05-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9859626)
I'd say there is a huge difference between a 4 win team and a 7 win team.

Sure not from 4 to 5 which is still in your prediction.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9859638)
Sure not from 4 to 5 which is still in your prediction.

Kiss my ass, I guess.

Ace Gunner 08-05-2013 09:46 AM

does anyone know what the latest is on the Branden Albert trade situation? thx

ptlyon 08-05-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9859643)
does anyone know what the latest is on the Branden Albert trade situation? thx

Rumor is Reid traded him to the packers for a 7th and a case of cheese curds

Mr. Laz 08-05-2013 10:13 AM

too bad we didn't keep Winston on the roster ... we could trade his ass and get something now.

Sassy Squatch 08-05-2013 10:15 AM

Yeah, we won't be getting a first for him.

jspchief 08-05-2013 10:28 AM

The stephenson homerism around here is ridiculous.

Saccopoo 08-05-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9859727)
The stephenson homerism around here is ridiculous.

I guarantee you that Stephenson was a better offensive tackle on the very same team at the same stage/class as 2013 top five draft pick Lane Johnson.

If Stephenson had stayed in school for his senior season, he definitely would have been in consideration as the first tackle off the board in this past draft. His size and measurables are even better than Fisher's and he's got very nice footwork and uses his hands very well. All he really needed to do is get into an NFL weight room/program and some additional reps.

In fact, because of the looming potential of being forced to franchise Albert yet again for the 2014 season, I'd definitely take at least a cursory glance at what the Packers might want. Then we could get Fisher over to the left side asap and get his reps in right now for building the continuity on the line now versus next season.

LT: Fisher
LG: Allen/Reynolds
C: Hudson/Kush
RG: Asamoah/Schwartz
RT: Stephenson

Both Reynolds and Schwartz can effectively play the tackle position in the event of injury, so there is your depth across the entire line.

If we could get the Packers first rounder in an Albert trade, I'd be all over that like stink on a monkey.

mcaj22 08-05-2013 10:52 AM

How is the Stephenson homerism ridiculous?

Alberts combine analysis:

STRENGTHS Positives: Rare size and athleticism for the guard position. ... Good initial quickness. ... Can get to and block effectively at the second level. ... Flashes violence in his initial hand punch. ... Good recoil and settle in pass protection. ... Massive player who can absorb the bull rush and anchor effectively. ... When he plays with leverage can be a very effective drive blocker. ... Ascending prospect who flashed foot quickness and balance in two starts at left tackle in 2007.

Negatives: A bit top-heavy. ... Can struggle against lesser players when he tires and plays with too high of a pad level. ... Good quickness to generate initial block, but too often doesn't sustain long enough. ... Flashes nastiness, but needs to play with more consistency. ... Marginal lateral quickness to pull.

Stephenson's combine analysis:

STRENGTHS Stephenson is very quick out of his stance, and this is his one shining quality. Has good footwork and is a lateral mover who can get beat by strength but recovers well to not allow sacks. Good when puling and working in the open field; has more value as a mover and second-level blocker. He can be nasty when finishing plays and is reliable to not allow sacks.

WEAKNESSES Stephenson is not very strong despite his size. Always in a stalemate and forces himself to use footwork. Quick off the line, but not explosive. Can get blown back by more explosive players in pass blocking

homerism liking the younger player with more potential and is cheaper on the salary cap? That also has the ability to be an NFL starter today? If that's homerism by all means.