ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Torchlight 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263460)

Bump 09-24-2012 01:39 PM

if you guys want gold, there is a save file out there called fast cash. Gold doesn't really seem to do much in this game but I did buy out the gambler a few times and got a bunch of good gear and then I enchanted everything!

Huffmeister 09-24-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8945874)
for $20, this game is amazing...right in my button mashing wheelhouse

trolling dungeons with a pack of exploding spiders is kind of unfair, but a lot of fun...great metallic sound for their deployment

Yeah, the $20 price tag was what sold it for me. Otherwise I'm not sure I would gotten it. Diablo 1 was the only action RPG I've played. But I'm glad I checked this one out. Lots of fun. And it will be interesting see what kind of mods people come up with for it.

I passed on the spider mines, but I may have to throw a point in it just have another attack on hand.

And later, I think I will go back to the Outlander. Dual wielding pistols are just badass.

Mr. Laz 09-24-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8945863)
Re-rolled as an Engineer and have been having a blast with it. The Heal Bot is awesome, as it keeps me from having to pop potions all the time. And the flame strike (whatever it's called) is a great way to take out multiple mobs.

I just got to Act II last night, and I'm looking forward to checking out the desert.

outlander has something called stone pact that heals you and increases your armor rating by 15% on level 1.

it heals you pet and any minions you have as well

big circle of healing

it starts reflecting damage at higher levels too

Stone Pact
Rank 10/15

You invoke an ancient curse that protects you and your allies from physical and elemental damage and reflects some damage back on your attackers. The Stone Pact lasts for twenty seconds, and any ally passing through the pact's area benefits from its effects for the listed duration.

Mana Cost: 14
Cooldown: 8 seconds
2300 Health recovery over 3 seconds*
+32% to Armor for 3 seconds
50% Damage reflected back on attacker for 3 seconds

Tier 1 Bonus
The pact reflects 25% of damage back at attacking monsters
Tier 2 Bonus
The pact reflects 50% of damage back at attacking monsters
Tier 3 Bonus
The pact reflects 75% of damage back at attacking monsters

Imon Yourside 09-25-2012 12:59 PM

Going back and forth between this and Borderlands 2, both are great games. I think Torchlight 2 will last longer though because of the random levels.

Bump 09-25-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8950010)
Going back and forth between this and Borderlands 2, both are great games. I think Torchlight 2 will last longer though because of the random levels.

the mods will keep TL2 going strong too

Imon Yourside 09-26-2012 07:57 AM

Lolz claptrap as a pet from a mod...hehe...here is the thread and some possible claptrap ramblings as you play...

"Which way to the Auction House? I just got paid and I got money to burn!"

"You just lost your Internet connection. OH NO! OH GOD!! All that progress... all that loot... lost forever!! ... Oh wait... Nothing happened??? Bet you're glad this game isn't online-only, huh? huh? huh?"

"Wow, you mean you can pick ANY skills you want and they'll actually work in the endgame? Well cover me in honey and call me Skag-bait!"

"There's more to do in this game than just farming items, you know. Here's some free advice: Go out, explore, adventure, find love, have kids, raise a family, get a mortgage, live the dream!! That way, when you die horribly at the hands of a rabid Spiderant you won't wish you'd spent less time farming for loot."

"No DRM?! None at ALL?!?!?! What the.... ? How do they expect to make any money off this thing?"

"You're leveling up too quickly! NERF!!! NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRF!!!"

"By all that is holy, do you see that enemy over there?"

lolz...

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37366

Huffmeister 09-26-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8950481)
the mods will keep TL2 going strong too

I hope someone will come up with a mod to put a health bar over mobs.

suds79 09-27-2012 02:53 PM

Newbish question here but I don't care.

Has anyone seen if you can purchase spells from merchants like you could in TL1? As far as I can tell, the merchants in TL2 don't have them.

Thus far I've only seen them as drops in the game.

Used to like to pick which ones I wanted.

Mr. Laz 09-27-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8954897)
Newbish question here but I don't care.

Has anyone seen if you can purchase spells from merchants like you could in TL1? As far as I can tell, the merchants in TL2 don't have them.

Thus far I've only seen them as drops in the game.

Used to like to pick which ones I wanted.

i'm level 45-ish and i have yet to see spells for sale.

all of them have been loot.

maybe cities further along might have vendor that sell them. :shrug:

suds79 09-27-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8954915)
i'm level 45-ish and i have yet to see spells for sale.

all of them have been loot.

maybe cities further along might have vendor that sell them. :shrug:

Wow that's disappointing. Guess I'll have to treat any good ones I find like gold and hang onto them.

Thanks.

Mr. Laz 09-27-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8954929)
Wow that's disappointing. Guess I'll have to treat any good ones I find like gold and hang onto them.

Thanks.

btw the spells seem to disappear when you unequip them so make sure you really want it.

what is really bad is that you don't see a full description until you equip it and then it might now be what you really need.

Mr. Laz 09-27-2012 03:24 PM

just looked it up on TL 2 forum and i guess you start seeing vendors selling spells in act 3.

suds79 09-27-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8954950)
just looked it up on TL 2 forum and i guess you start seeing vendors selling spells in act 3.

Sweet thanks for the info.

Wow either you must level fast in this game or it's really a lot of content.

Suppose I'm still on the D3 model where a lvl 45 char would have already beaten the game twice over by now. ;)

thx

Bump 09-27-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8954938)
btw the spells seem to disappear when you unequip them so make sure you really want it.

what is really bad is that you don't see a full description until you equip it and then it might now be what you really need.

I've unequipped some spells and kept them, they didn't disappear for me.

Imon Yourside 09-27-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8954993)
I've unequipped some spells and kept them, they didn't disappear for me.

They did for me... strange.