ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock (1/6) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280443)

Direckshun 01-06-2014 03:11 PM

Mock (1/6)

Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs extend Alex Smith 4 years, $35m ($20m guaranteed), and OLB Justin Houston 6 years, $52m ($32m guaranteed).

2. The Chiefs resign OG Geoff Schwartz to a 2-year, $4m deal.

3. The Chiefs resign WR Kyle Williams, TE Sean McGrath, LS Thomas Gafford, ILB Akeem Jordan, NT Jerrell Powe and S Husain Abdullah to minimal deals.

4. The Chiefs let walk: WR Dexter McCluster, OT Brandon Albert, OG Jon Asamoah, DE Tyson Jackson, OLB Frank Zombo, S Kendrick Lewis, S Quinten Demps

5. The Chiefs cut: CB Dunta Robinson

6. Chiefs sign OT Winston Justice to a 1-year, $2m deal, S Bradley McDougald to a minimum deal.

On with the show:

1.23. DE Stephen Tuitt, Notre Dame

My current lead guy for my official endorsement at the #23 pick. Tuitt has the body of a 3-4 DE with the athleticism of a 4-3 DE. We have a bunch of "pretty good" guys at DE, but nobody who blows the doors off the place. Imagine an NFL defense that has to pick their poison between Hali, Houston, Poe, and Tuitt. We need more reliable pressure.

3.87. WR Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin

So you say you want a reliable deep threat. Abbrederis lived downfield for Wisconsin. His receptions are far more likely to come greater than 15 yards down the field than they are from within. It's a combination of great speed, savvy route-running (though he needs to prove he is a crisper route-runner), and ability to use his body very well. He also ran the ball with some regularity off bubble screens and reverses.

4.119. CB Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida

Oh, I love this guy. One of my favorite guys in what I currently project in the midrounds -- you are getting yourself a 6'1" with fantastic speed and hits like very well for a player his size. I absolutely love this guy. He isn't lockdown corner ability, but he would provide solid depth with some starter potential.

5.151. FS Terrance Brooks, Florida State

More midround talent that I really, really like. I think Brooks plays really, really fast. And occasionally too aggressive. But there's no denying he's a fantastic tackler, a smart player with a great nose for the ball.

6.177. OLB Chaz Sutton, South Carolina

Chaz is an athletically gifted passrusher off the edge with a ton of versatility. He's plenty fast but I think his strength is what sents him apart.
I think he has some coverage ability, even though the Gamecocks usually asked him to just rush forward. To me, he looks a lot more like Tamba than he does Houston.

6.183. RB Kapri Bibbs, Colorado State

Very tough scat back with fantastic speed -- pulls away from defenders. I really like his decision making as he hits the hole and I absolutely love him when he's shoulder-to-shoulder with a defender trying to beat him to the end zone.

7.215. CB Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois

I can't help but think this guy will shoot up boards over draft season as people get more familiar with him. He's one of the key talents that allowed Northern Ill to shoot up the FBS rankins unexpectedly this year. A very, very smart player with some starter potential.

McBeard 01-06-2014 03:14 PM

Nice draft. I really like 1,4,5, and 6a. I really like Purifoy and Sutton would be a nice back up.

Direckshun 01-06-2014 03:15 PM

QB: Smith, Daniel, Bray
RB: Charles, Davis, Gray, Bipps
FB: Sherman

WR: Bowe, Avery, Abbrederis, Hemingway, Jenkins, Williams
TE: Kelce, Fasano, McGrath

LT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice
LG: Allen, Johnson
C: Hudson, Kush
RG: Schwartz, Johnson
RT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice

DE: DeVito, Bailey
NT: Poe, Powe
DE: Tuitt, Catapano

OLB: Hali, Sutton
ILB: Jordan, Johnson
ILB: Johnson, Johnson
OLB: Houston, Moses

CB: Flowers, Smith, Purifoy, Cooper, Parker, Ward
S: Berry, Abdullah, Commings, Brooks, McDougald

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford
KR: Davis
PR: Williams

Sorter 01-06-2014 03:16 PM

http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-conte.../****-YEAH.gif

But we need a RG in there for Sac.

Sorter 01-06-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeard (Post 10350621)
Nice draft. I really like 1,4,5, and 6a. I really like Purifoy and Sutton would be a nice back up.

**** off, UncleSucker.

Direckshun 01-06-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10350650)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XxJeO5QzAQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FYP

Jakemall 01-06-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10350609)
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs extend Alex Smith 4 years, $35m ($20m guaranteed), and OLB Justin Houston 6 years, $52m ($32m guaranteed).

Alex is making 9.5 Million this year if I'm not mistaken. You think he'll take a contract for less than he's making now? He's a team player, but that would be off the charts.

McBeard 01-06-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10350634)
QB: Smith, Daniel, Bray
RB: Charles, Davis, Gray, Bipps
FB: Sherman

WR: Bowe, Avery, Abbrederis, Hemingway, Jenkins, Williams
TE: Kelce, Fasano, McGrath

LT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice
LG: Allen, Johnson
C: Hudson, Kush
RG: Schwartz, Johnson
RT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice

DE: DeVito, Bailey
NT: Poe, Powe
DE: Tuitt, Catapano

OLB: Hali, Sutton
ILB: Jordan, Johnson
ILB: Johnson, Johnson
OLB: Houston, Moses

CB: Flowers, Smith, Purifoy, Cooper, Ward
S: Berry, Commings, Brooks, Parker, McDougald

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford
KR: Davis
PR: Williams

Note that they moved Powe to DE when they brought him back. He looked like he had lost some weight. He was good at penetrating on passing downs in San Diego but the d-line got gashed pretty good. It wasn't all on him but he should be a better run stopper. Does that influence the Tuitt pick at all? Can Powe continue to grow as a DE?

Sorter 01-06-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10350662)
FYP

I love you. Don't you ever leave this ****ing forum.

McBeard 01-06-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10350650)
**** off, UncleSucker.

I like South Park to Uncle ****er.

Sorter 01-06-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeard (Post 10350672)
I like South Park to Uncle ****er.

Did you **** your uncle in addition to blowing him and your babysitter's son?

Direckshun 01-06-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10350664)
Alex is making 9.5 Million this year if I'm not mistaken. You think he'll take a contract for less than he's making now? He's a team player, but that would be off the charts.

I'm not sure...

Right now, we have leverage. I think we get him for a cheaper deal this year, than we would next year, when we'd have exactly zero.

Direckshun 01-06-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10350671)
I love you. Don't you ever leave this ****ing forum.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vJmp7L5q7ow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84 01-06-2014 03:49 PM

Why do people think we let Dex walk?

Reid loves him.

Jakemall 01-06-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10350689)
I'm not sure...

Right now, we have leverage. I think we get him for a cheaper deal this year, than we would next year, when we'd have exactly zero.

Might have some leverage..but not enough for him to reduce what he's making with the way he played. I don't think he'll want a payday compared to what a lot of other QBs are doing, but he'll want something respectable that says "the Chiefs like me, they really do..." without killing the ability to bring on talent that will help them win.