ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9284140)
Hypothetically, if Geno sucks, who gives a ****? You took your best shot at the best available qb. If you bust, try ****ing again. Jesus.

SNR made this point last night. Its the right move. If it doesn't work you don't scream at the people that suggested it, you ****ing try it again. And people scream about it being risky. Nobody has explained to me yet how using some game manager is not a risky way to try and win a SB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9284172)
I disagree. If weeden can be plugged on the ****ing Browns and play then so can Geno with better results via talent +conference.

Well, using the word 'play' next to Weeden is using a loose definition of the word.

SAUTO 01-05-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9284155)
Geno will not be a bust. He's just not ready to plug in and play yet.

Last night you said he wasn't worth anything. pussy
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9284297)
Last night you said he wasn't worth anything. pussy
Posted via Mobile Device

Being a consistent troll is difficult when you are a dumbass.

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 07:22 AM

So as more time progresses I am starting to believe that Geno will not rise to the top of this draft. Not because he shouldn't but I have a feeling the fact that this is the draft after Luck and RGIII will keep his stock down. We are now past the time of year that RGIII and Cam Newton's draft stock shot up. So what do you guys think? Will the Combine and Senior Bowl yield enough results to get him up where he should be?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9275601)
It was the last thing the scouts saw and it was against an opponent that he lost three times prior to the game that supposedly he studied film like a madman to beat. I wasn't expecting Geno to destroy Syracuse , but I wanted to see a solid outing at least. Again, I don't like to make excuses for a QB, but Arkansas had absolute dogshit surrounding Wilson. ( O-line and defense)

Scouts aren't ****ing idiots. They're not going to drop the guy over a bad game in the wind and snow. They're going to look at his entire body of work.

PriestMVP31 01-05-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

A three year starter whose completion % rose every year isn't ready to plug in and play?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9284131)
Great mechanics. His release is phenomenal.

Can make all the throws with zip.

Can avoid pressure.

Goes through progressions.

Good ball security.

Tough as nails.

Accurate.

If you watch film on him for 30 minutes, this is supremely clear. He's several cuts above every other QB in the conversation. He has everything you could want in a quarterback prospect. Andy Reid will turn him into a star.

This is not the gray issue some are making it out to be.

Great football eye. Those things clearly stand out when watching him IF you know what you're looking at :clap: I wonder what the dumb****s that say otherwise are watching...or it's tough to see through the slits in their white hood.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Bob, if Russel Wilson and Tannehil can play right away so can Geno and Tyler who are superior prospects.

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284402)
Great football eye. Those things clearly stand out when watching him IF you know what you're looking at :clap: I wonder what the dumb****s that say otherwise are watching...or it's tough to see through the slits in their white hood.

That's the problem, their not. They're letting the talking heads convince them and watching a few highlight packages and saying, "Yep they're right!"

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284406)
Bob, if Russel Wilson and Tannehil can play right away so can Geno and Tyler who are superior prospects.

:thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9284409)
That's the problem, their not. They're letting the talking heads convince them and watching a few highlight packages and saying, "Yep they're right!"

I swear Teo is paying Kiper in "domers"

htismaqe 01-05-2013 09:00 AM

Ryan Tannehill was playing WIDE RECEIVER 2 years ago.

He came in and not only started, he played well at times.

There will be at least 3 QBs in this draft that start for their team day 1 and Geno will be one of them.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 09:13 AM

I would consider Geno at 2, but not at 1!!!

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284532)
I would consider Geno at 2, but not at 1!!!

LMAO it's too much of a reach

Chiefs Pantalones 01-05-2013 10:15 AM

I'm concerned we won't be picking a QB with the first pick.