ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Head Basketball Coach Search**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283091)

Stanley Nickels 04-19-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10573765)
3 words. Hire. Randy. Smithson.

Who. Is. That.

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10573654)
I've heard rumors about GM to Tennessee.

I just don't see Marshall as a potential replacement is all.

Women's BB > Men's BB at TN. No chance Marshall goes there.

Mizzou is more attractive than TN, but the former is still a ridiculous long-shot. He'd listen to the offer, but the offer would have to be north of 3 for it to have any merit.

Ceej 04-19-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10573861)
Women's BB > Men's BB at TN. No chance Marshall goes there.

Mizzou is more attractive than TN, but the former is still a ridiculous long-shot. He'd listen to the offer, but the offer would have to be north of 3 for it to have any merit.

I'm still pretty curious as to why we have yet to read any reports that Tenn. or Mizzou has called WSU.

Maybe they're already assuming he'd have no interest. I don't know.

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10573865)
I'm still pretty curious as to why we have yet to read any reports that Tenn. or Mizzou has called WSU.

Maybe they're already assuming he'd have no interest. I don't know.

Because you'd never hear that report if Marshall says no.

Gottlieb was on the radio on Friday and said that the average fan would be shocked to learn the number of times an AD hears no before a hire happens. Used the example of the Haith hire at Mizzou. Before that announcement, there were "20 people who said no." Said that's just the nature of the beast.

Titty Meat 04-19-2014 07:41 PM

Its not like Haith was a good coach but its gotta be concerning that the last 2 coaches willingly left Mizzou.

htismaqe 04-19-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10573907)
Its not like Haith was a good coach but its gotta be concerning that the last 2 coaches willingly left Mizzou.

I didn't even know Haith left until I saw this thread just now. And then I read on ESPN he left for Tulsa...

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10573907)

Yeah, very concerning. The university went out of its way to retain Haith. Many ****s were given to try to prevent a mid-major power from "stealing" our HC.

It sucks so much shit to get paid $500K to see that pile of **** walk than to pay him $500K+ to go away next year.

I heard that Alden hated Christmas in April at his house. Very concerning stuff.

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 07:45 PM

It's got to be concerning that Pilleenee took a cat on the field with him.

htismaqe 04-19-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10573891)
Because you'd never hear that report if Marshall says no.

Gottlieb was on the radio on Friday and said that the average fan would be shocked to learn the number of times an AD hears no before a hire happens. Used the example of the Haith hire at Mizzou. Before that announcement, there were "20 people who said no." Said that's just the nature of the beast.

Absolutely.

Part of that is because you always call a bunch of guys that are long shots.

Hypothetically speaking, if you're Mike Alden aren't you going to call Izzo, Calipari, and Self?

999,999 out of a million they're going to say no. But that 1 time, that's like hitting the lottery.

I know in corporate hiring, they do it all the time.

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10573919)
Absolutely.

Part of that is because you always call a bunch of guys that are long shots.

Hypothetically speaking, if you're Mike Alden aren't you going to call Izzo, Calipari, and Self?

999,999 out of a million they're going to say no. But that 1 time, that's like hitting the lottery.

I know in corporate hiring, they do it all the time.

Absolutely. If Alden isn't making all of these calls, I hope that he's fired tomorrow.

There are certain candidates whom you must force to say no explicitly.

Titty Meat 04-19-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10573916)
Yeah, very concerning. The university went out of its way to retain Haith. Many ****s were given to try to prevent a mid-major power from "stealing" our HC.

It sucks so much shit to get paid $500K to see that pile of **** walk than to pay him $500K+ to go away next year.

I heard that Alden hated Christmas in April at his house. Very concerning stuff.

Programs without stability go far. Enjoy Matt Painter Mizzou fan.

Sure-Oz 04-19-2014 08:26 PM

@Dave_Matter: Missouri's coaching search will begin in earnest on Monday. Early stages at this point. Coaches have reached out to MU with interest

@Dave_Matter: Missouri concerned with finding coach who's "the right fit." Sounds like a cliche but MU has traits in mind. Midwestern appeal is important

Sure-Oz 04-19-2014 08:32 PM

@Dave_Matter: Winning back fans will be important in Missouri search. MU not taking attendance dip lightly.

GloryDayz 04-19-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10573978)
@Dave_Matter: Winning back fans will be important in Missouri search. MU not taking attendance dip lightly.

The front office of MIZZOU needs to understand that it's going to cost HUGE bucks to get this program back on track. They have to pay "shocking" coin to a coach who can attract/command good talent. Short of that, there's nothing this program/school has that will bring in a guy who can bring in the kids who can make this program relevant.

They need to be ready to write a check that pisses off the rest of college-nation... But if they do, a few years from now they could be awesome. In fact, it could be next year. College is, at best, a 4-year cycle, but the kids who can make a difference are there for a year, maybe two, so get the right guy and you could compete by next year and be a talked-about program (in good ways, not bad), in two.

Sure-Oz 04-19-2014 08:52 PM

Sounds like Haith got 1.3 mill per season not the 1.7-1.8 reported