ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Dishwasher broken (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283996)

cosmo20002 05-29-2014 01:45 PM

Dishwasher broken

My dishwasher won't work--its a Kenmore, about 8 years old.
Stops midway through the cycle. I learned to do the thing where you press a series of buttons to reset it, but in the end the thing won't dry.

I assume I need a new heating element thingy. That sound right?
Do I have to call those dickheads at Sears or can someone else supply this?
How difficult to do it myself?

I tried running antifreeze through it and it didn't help.

Thanks!

Mr_Tomahawk 05-29-2014 01:45 PM

Don't you have a wife?

ptlyon 05-29-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10658174)
Don't you have a wife?

ROFL

Dragonocho 05-29-2014 01:49 PM

Mr. Obvious already solved this problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FvT9...FvT9bH9rzM#t=4

AndChiefs 05-29-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10658170)
My dishwasher won't work--its a Kenmore, about 8 years old.
Stops midway through the cycle. I learned to do the thing where you press a series of buttons to reset it, but in the end the thing won't dry.

I assume I need a new heating element thingy. That sound right?
Do I have to call those dickheads at Sears or can someone else supply this?
How difficult to do it myself?

I tried running antifreeze through it and it didn't help.

Thanks!

You could try putting in a burning AIDS tree.

Otter 05-29-2014 01:52 PM

You just need to find someone to blame the problem on instead of fixing it like ya do with everything else. Let me know how it works in the real world, kay? thx!

AustinChief 05-29-2014 01:53 PM

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/xX5-ruvqZaI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/xX5-ruvqZaI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

AustinChief 05-29-2014 02:02 PM

btw, I wouldn't jump right into replacing the heating element.

Are you getting any blinking light codes when this happens?

Have you looked to see what they indicate?

What model is the dishwasher?

TimBone 05-29-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Don't you have a wife?

If you're gonna take the woman is a dishwasher joke, please do it some justice you selfish prick.

cosmo20002 05-29-2014 02:07 PM

Yeah, looks like I could handle that. Of course, how do I know for certain that it is the heating element thingy that's busted? It won't dry, but maybe there's some malfunctioning switch or other do-hickey that is the real cause and not the heating element itself? The dickheads from Sears seem to be able to plug something in and diagnose this stuff.

ptlyon 05-29-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10658234)
Yeah, looks like I could handle that. Of course, how do I know for certain that it is the heating element thingy that's busted? It won't dry, but maybe there's some malfunctioning switch or other do-hickey that is the real cause and not the heating element itself? The dickheads from Sears seem to be able to plug something in and diagnose this stuff.

Sounds like you're not the person to be diagnosing the problem

Nzoner 05-29-2014 02:12 PM

do-hickey?

holy shit LMAO

Otter 05-29-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10658234)

Kennmore dishwashers wouldn't have problems if it wasn't for Maytag dumbass. In 1994 the president of Maytag placed legislation that prevented Kennmore from manufacturing efficent and reasonably priced dishwashers. IT"S NOT KENNMORE"S FAULT KENNMORE ISN"T GOOD!!!

Link: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=Blue+waffle

God you're stupid!!!

cosmo20002 05-29-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10658227)
btw, I wouldn't jump right into replacing the heating element.

Are you getting any blinking light codes when this happens?

Have you looked to see what they indicate?

What model is the dishwasher?

I'm not looking at it right now and don't have the model number on me.
The bottom light is blinking and according to the internet it has something to do with water temp, but that's BS because there's plenty of hot water and I've even run the hot water in the sink to get it primed for when the washer starts. I suppose it could be some temperature sensing thing.

When I enter the reset code it starts back up, and the dishes seem clean, but it just won't dry. I'll check the model and look more closely at the blinking.

Check back later everyone to see how this turns out!

cosmo20002 05-29-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Don't you have a wife?

That's what I was taking about. Any suggestions?