ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   AFC Team Reports: Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160656)

bdeg 04-02-2007 01:52 PM

AFC Team Reports: Chiefs

Kansas City Chiefs

Quarterback Brodie Croyle will receive much of the work when the offseason practice begins in May and when the team gets to training camp. That in effect makes the job Croyle's to lose. Coaches would like to see Croyle win it. If Croyle can handle the job, the team can begin the constructing an offense around him. Croyle's arm is strong enough to make all of the necessary throws, and hr has nice touch. The biggest questions involve his lack of size and durability.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns

I would consider this good news. Building for the future.

percysnow 04-02-2007 01:54 PM

this is going to be a long season

TRR 04-02-2007 01:55 PM

Good news or terrible news depending on how Brodie Croyle performs. I myself think he could be a lot more productive if given another year to watch Damon Huard, etc. But I could be wrong.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:01 PM

This franchise has NEVER developed it's own QB.

People have whined incessantly about it for the twenty-five years I've been a fan.

And now, when the team is on the verge of FINALLY doing the right thing, people want to whine about it...

ChiefFripp 04-02-2007 02:05 PM

Give the man a chance!

Vegas_Dave 04-02-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
This franchise has NEVER developed it's own QB.

People have whined incessantly about it for the twenty-five years I've been a fan.

And now, when the team is on the verge of FINALLY doing the right thing, people want to whine about it...

DUH!

Lets face it, how many fans willing WANT to have a "rebuilding" season. Fans like to use that term after the season is over... not Before it even starts.

We would all love for Croyle to be the guy... but can we stomach him being the guy - while throwing pics and not making critical passes that Huard probably would have completed?

Like most fans, we want to see our team win. If we lose, it is easy to have 20/20 hindsight and move on... but now that it is upon us in our near future... who WANTS to see a 2nd year player become our starting QB when so far what we have seen from him on the field has been FAR from starting QB material?

Heres to hoping Brodie can show up!:toast:

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 02:08 PM

Finally a quarterback with a real arm.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave
DUH!

Lets face it, how many fans willing WANT to have a "rebuilding" season. Fans like to use that term after the season is over... not Before it even starts.

We would all love for Croyle to be the guy... but can we stomach him being the guy - while throwing pics and not making critical passes that Huard probably would have completed?

Like most fans, we want to see our team win. If we lose, it is easy to have 20/20 hindsight and move on... but now that it is upon us in our near future... who WANTS to see a 2nd year player become our starting QB when so far what we have seen from him on the field has been FAR from starting QB material?

Heres to hoping Brodie can show up!:toast:

I honestly can't believe that this fanbase has become so myopic that they'd actually WISH for Damon Huard to be the opening-day starter.

He's 34-years old and started less than a full season in his entire career. If it wasn't for the fact that Dave Krieg closed out his career here, Huard would have been knocking on the door of setting the team record for fumbles by a Chiefs QB.

Not to mention the fact that people act like it's a foregone conclusion that starting Brodie equals having a shitty season while starting Huard ensures a winning season.

Coogs 04-02-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave
Lets face it, how many fans willing WANT to have a "rebuilding" season.

I'm good with it. As long as it is "rebuilding", I am 100% behind it. No matter what the record. I won't bitch and moan one time the entire season, and you can pull this thread back up and remind me of this fact if I should go back on my word.

crazycoffey 04-02-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Not to mention the fact that people act like it's a foregone conclusion that starting Brodie equals having a shitty season while starting Huard ensures a winning season.

I know, and I don't understand why this is. I'm pulling for Brodie, but if he doesn't have it, the coaching staff will know that and pull him, or not start him and that was why we signed Huard, as a safety net.

Heck I personally think if it's close between the two, even remotely close, let the young kid have the go at it, trial by fire - he'll either be forged into steel or burned to a crisp, but then at least there is no doubt which way we need to go with our QB situation.

Coogs 04-02-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey
I know, and I don't understand why this is. I'm pulling for Brodie, but if he doesn't have it, the coaching staff will know that and pull him, or not start him and that was why we signed Huard, as a safety net.

Heck I personally think if it's close between the two, even remotely close, let the young kid have the go at it, trial by fire - he'll either be forged into steel or burned to a crisp, but then at least there is no doubt which way we need to go with our QB situation.

Yep!

CoMoChief 04-02-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Finally a quarterback with a real arm.

His arm isn't that great. Maybe better than Green's, but thats not saying much.

greg63 04-02-2007 02:30 PM

They're paying Huard; Croyle will be the back up.

suds79 04-02-2007 02:30 PM

I'm good with this new approach.

Even if Brodie does struggle while he learns.

Our current system of brining in recycled QBs who have 3-4 years left in them obviously has not worked.

Lets try something different.

We gotta find a young QB who we can build a team around for several post season runs.

Not just a 1-2 year realistic window. (See DVs 3rd year)

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
His arm isn't that great. Maybe better than Green's, but thats not saying much.

ROFL