ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   CP Prez: Comparing the Candidates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=194879)

Rain Man 10-22-2008 09:22 PM

CP Prez: Comparing the Candidates

Candidates were asked two sets of questions: 1) their opinions on several controversial issues and whether they would expand, contract, or maintain current policy on them, and 2) the proportion of their attention that they would devote to the various cabinet-level tasks (adding up to 100 percent).

Results are shown below.

Republican Ultra Peanut/Zach
Democrat Cronus/Simply Red

Abortion - Keep the policy roughly the same as it is now
Abortion - Keep the policy roughly the same.

Iraq and Afghanistan - Decrease/eliminate our investment/troop commitment
Iraq and Afghanistan - Decrease our investment & troop commitment.

War on Terrorism - Decrease/eliminate our investment
War on Terrorism - Decrease our investment.

Drug Crimes - Decrease/eliminate enforcement/prosecution
Drug Crimes - Decrease/eliminate enforcement/prosecution.

Gay Marriage - Recognize gay marriage
Gay Marriage - Recognize gay marriage.

Illegal Immigration - Increase enforcement of immigration laws and borders
Illegal Immigration - Increase enforcement of immigration laws and borders.

The Space Program - Increase funding
The Space Program - Keep resources roughly the same as they are now but eliminate NASA as a separate agency, NASA would come under our Department of Transportation.

Oil Drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve - Allow only very limited drilling
Oil Drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve - Not allow drilling in ANWR, and leave coast drilling up to the states where the platforms would be near.

Statehood for Puerto Rico - Maintain Puerto Rico’s territory status
Statehood for Puerto Rico - Either sponsor Puerto Rico for statehood, or, if they did not want Statehood, release them from being a territory.

The Bailout - Supports a smaller bailout or no bailout.
The Bailout - Supports a smaller bailout or no bailout.

The Death Penalty - Make it harder to execute prisoners, or would ban the death penalty
The Death Penalty - Make it easier to execute prisoners, or ban the death penalty.

Affirmative Action for Minorities and Women - Keep the policy roughly the same as it is now
Affirmative Action for Minorities & Women - Expand affirmative action programs to better cover all peoples suffering from discrimination, but ensure this doesn't result in reverse discrimination for qualified candidates.

Allocation of attention:

Agriculture and Food Production - 1%
Agriculture and Food Production - 0%

Environment - 6%
Environment - 5%

Commerce and Trade - 4%
Commerce and Trade - 5%

Justice and Crime - 2%
Justice and Crime - 10%

Defense and the Military - 8%
Defense and the Military - 0%

Jobs and Workforce - 5%
Jobs and Workforce - 10%

Education - 10%
Education - 15%

International Affairs - 5%
International Affairs - 15%

Energy - 12%
Energy - 10%

Transportation - 1%
Transportation - 5%

Health and Human Services - 18%
Health and Human Services - 5%

Monetary and Economic Issues - 15%
Monetary and Economic Issues - 15%

Homeland Security - 3%
Homeland Security - 0%

Veterans' Issues - 5%
Veterans' Issues - 5%

Housing and Urban Development - 5%
Housing and Urban Development - 0%

Logical 10-22-2008 09:32 PM

Without the backup data the percentages are deceptive, here is the backup data Rain Man left out.

Originally Posted by CRONUS
Environment: 5%. Make sure that we have better air and water standards that aren't written by polluters, be sure to clean up all Superfund sites, and give teeth back to the EPA. Finally we will remove the Broncos and Raiders what else would you do with Toxic Waste. (cdcox)

Commerce and Trade 5%. We need to rewrite NAFTA so that it is in the best interests of the America we all know, you know the ones who Cling to their Big Screens, Foreign Cars or Elitist Philosophy. Agiculture will be part of this department. (RJ)

Justice and Crime: 10%. We are overpoliced as it is so enjoy your prostitution and drugs just pay the tax.. We will bring back investigations of corruption in government as our primary mission. Defense and the Miltary along with Homeland security is being folded into this department. (Banyon) (We will not steal anyone's guns, we promise!)

Defense and the Military 0 % Our policy is one of non-intervention except when requested to support a large nation contingent in support of pushing back interventionism on the part of an aggressor nation. And contractors will actually bid on projects.

Jobs and Workforce: 10%
Increase tax cuts for small business, introduce a monopoly/oligopoly tax penalty for corporations that become so big they can unduly influence the fairness of the market. Power to the People, Power to the People Right On. (Tribal Warfare)

Education: 15% Provide every American who wants it a free education at a trade school if they perform 12 months of national service, and a free 4 year degree if they perform 30 months of national service. We won’t offer sex education to Kindergartners we will just give them tasers and explain that they can use them against bad people. (HolyHandgernade)

International Affairs. 15%
We encourage international affairs just remember to pullout after insertions. Pull aid from Israel. Leave Iraq. Remove troops from Saudi Arabia and other ME nations. Draw down in South Korea and Japan, and transfer troops to Sudan as part of a peacekeeping mission to stop the genocide (Adept Havelock)

Energy: 10% Embrace the concept of a multifaceted solution. Install tons of windfarms in the sparsely populated mountain west states, use the native grasses for biofuels. We will also use Republicans in our new nifty human wheel power (saves on those pesky club memberships) (Portlantis)

Transportation: 5% Transporter chambers for all…no wait without Spock and Scotty that won’t work so instead we will.. Create an interstate for a post-petroleum fuel system, complete with sweeping projects for construct of new charging stations, hydrogen stations, and other alternate energy sources. (Pitt Gorilla)

Health and Human Services: 5%
We will tax broccoli and liver because eating healthy is unAmerican. Mandate the removal of HFCS and Trans Fats in our nation's schools by 2012. Shorten the patent length on medications, so that customers aren't gouged for 14 years. ("The honorable J. Diddy I")

Monetary and Economic Issues: 15%
We like money send us yours (evil smile). Cut defense spending by 50%. Cut DHS by 80%. Bring back Clinton-level tax rates. Cut federal taxes on gasoline by 5 cents/gallon, while setting a profit cap on what oil can take per gallon so that they don't just add the 5 cents to their pocketbook. Properly regulate financial markets. End cost overruns for defense contractors. (Laz)

Homeland Security 0%. It's a redundant, bloated dept that only made you wait in long airport lines. We will fold it into a combined Justice and Crime which will also control Defense

Veterans' Issues 5%. First of all free Pie and psychiatric care for KCJohnny and Programmer. Provide for adequate VA care, including mental health. (penchief)

Housing and Urban Development 0% ( With a shrinking housing market this department will be combined into Health and Human Services as part of our shrinking of the government).

Rain Man 10-22-2008 09:40 PM

The election commission welcomes further comment and debate by the candidates.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-22-2008 09:41 PM

I would like to hear SR's take on Health and Human Services.

Reaper16 10-22-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flopnuts (Post 5142968)

LMAO

luv 10-22-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRONUS (Post 5142953)
Without the backup data the percentages are deceptive, here is the backup data Rain Man left out.

Even without backup data, they are still the percentages that you plan on allocating, regardless of reasoning. Trust me, if he had posted everything both parties have said to backup their stances, everyone would be posting "too long to read". Trust me. It was LONG.

luv 10-22-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flopnuts (Post 5142968)

It is hardly CRONUS' fault that he lost his running mate. It's not like he just dropped out of the race. He dropped off the face of the planet.

Logical 10-22-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5142983)
Even without backup data, they are still the percentages that you plan on allocating, regardless of reasoning. Trust me, if he had posted everything both parties have said to backup their stances, everyone would be posting "too long to read". Trust me. It was LONG.

I understand but it looks like I am eliminating Defense and Homeland Security also Agriculture, which just is not the case, we are combining departments to cut the size of government.

|Zach| 10-22-2008 09:49 PM

I would like to take some time out first to thank Rain Man and the election comission for their hard work bringing the information to the people in a fair and honorable manner.

At the end of the day this is about the people and their ability to participate, be informed, and take part in this process.

UP and I will work for the people so anyone to is helping them with their lives is a friend to us.

Rain Man 10-22-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5142990)
It is hardly CRONUS' fault that he lost his running mate. It's not like he just dropped out of the race. He dropped off the face of the planet.

The election commission wonders if perhaps the Chiefsplanet Secret Service should get involved.

Logical 10-22-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Thanks luv, I am going to give Ryan a couple of days to rethink his decision, if he wants to stay gone, then this weekend I will start interviewing for a replacement.

|Zach| 10-22-2008 09:52 PM

SR has been a great opponent and is an even better man. We wish him all the best in his time away from the campaign. We would also like to take this time reach across party lines. If SR ever feels like he would like to get back into the game we will welcome him as an advisor to the office of the President when UP is elected by the great people of this board.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-22-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRONUS (Post 5143002)
Thanks luv, I am going to give Ryan a couple of days to rethink his decision, if he wants to stay gone, then this weekend I will start interviewing for a replacement.

Settle down folks. It's all for shits and giggles.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-22-2008 09:54 PM

P.S - There simply wasn't a better possible 1st post in this thread. Oops. No pun intended.

luv 10-22-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5142995)
The election commission wonders if perhaps the Chiefsplanet Secret Service should get involved.

Just say the word.