ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I'm optimistic (Logical stay out) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147951)

RealSNR 09-17-2006 06:29 PM

I'm optimistic (Logical stay out)

This offense will get better. It needs time to figure itself out. It needs time to get used to Solari.

It needs Trent Green, who will return.

We've got a defense who plays great on the road. I think we'll be just fine. We'll get rested during the bye, we'll win some games, and we'll kick some ass.

007 09-17-2006 06:32 PM

I hope you are right about Green. I personally think we may have seen the last of him on the field.

Jenny Gump 09-17-2006 06:34 PM

I'm optimistic too. Second game, life isn't over, Trent's coming back, blah blah. Let's not slit our wrists just yet.

Mecca 09-17-2006 06:34 PM

But we need offensive tackles......the gameplan will be conservative regardless of who the QB is if we can't protect him.

JBucc 09-17-2006 06:35 PM

I've got us going 7-9 at the moment with Trent coming back for the Seattle game.

Reaper16 09-17-2006 06:37 PM

It doesn't matter that it's conservative. It worked today, outside of some individual playcalling. All those useless sweeps really hurt with the tackles we have.

It's not that we were conservative, it's how we were conservative. The problems we had with playcalling and clock management aren't necissarliy going to get better with Trent.

Mecca 09-17-2006 06:38 PM

The Chiefs players are stupid too in clock management. We got our coach running on the field calling timeout because they aren't heads up enough to know the situation.

Vindicator 09-17-2006 06:40 PM

Hey, well, whatever. I was very impressed to see a defense show up. First time I've witnessed any kind of defense show up at Incestco for a couple of years. If it hadn't been for a razor thin loss today I would say there is a glimer of hope here. :hmmm:

burt 09-17-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
It doesn't matter that it's conservative. It worked today, outside of some individual playcalling. All those useless sweeps really hurt with the tackles we have.

It's not that we were conservative, it's how conservative. The problems we had with playcalling and clock management aren't necissarliy going to get better with Trent.

Reap, fixed your post. Just a few risks...a very few and we win. WE WERE TOO CONSERVATIVE!

burt 09-17-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR
This offense will get better. It needs time to figure itself out. It needs time to get used to Solari.

It needs Trent Green, who will return.

We've got a defense who plays great on the road. I think we'll be just fine. We'll get rested during the bye, we'll win some games, and we'll kick some ass.

I hope that you are right, til then, pass that shit over here....we can all be in la la land.

Reaper16 09-17-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Mercer
Reap, fixed your post. Just a few risks...a very few and we win. WE WERE TOO CONSERVATIVE!

I don't even think a few 1st down play-action passes would be risks. We could have opened things up a teeny bit more within the gameplan.

Sure-Oz 09-17-2006 06:42 PM

I'm optimistic as heck, we got 14 games left folks. we arent 0-4 that is panic time!

grandllama 09-17-2006 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR
This offense will get better. It needs time to figure itself out.

Seriously SNR, what does it need to figure out? It is essentially the same people from the last few years, yet we are now averaging 8 points compared to 30 points... that is something that has nothing to do with the offense but with a head coach hell bent on destroying something that works in order to satisfy his own warped ego.

petegz28 09-17-2006 06:52 PM

So we have held 2 playoff teams to 30 points in 2 games???

We are getting much much better on D

burt 09-17-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
I don't even think a few 1st down play-action passes would be risks. We could have opened things up a teeny bit more within the gameplan.

Zactly