ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   UFC® 78 VALIDATION (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174697)

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 06:00 PM

UFC® 78 VALIDATION

Michael Bisping Vs. Rashad Evans Name:Michael BispingHeight:6' 2" (188 cm)Weight:205 (93 kg)Record:15-0-0Name:Rashad Evans Height:5' 11" (180 cm)Weight:205 (93 kg)Record: 15-0-1
Thiago Silva Vs. Houston Alexander Name:Thiago SilvaHeight:6' 1" (185 cm)Weight:205 (93 kg)Record:11-0-0Name:Houston Alexander Height:6' 0" (183 cm)Weight:205 (93 kg)Record: 8-1-0

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 06:02 PM

anybody going to be watching?

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 06:02 PM

not a big name card but i think it will be exciting

percysnow 11-17-2007 06:03 PM

im gonna watch, but this card should be a free spike TV event. . not enough big fights or big names to be a pay perview IMO

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percysnow
im gonna watch, but this card should be a free spike TV event. . not enough big fights or big names to be a pay perview IMO

there may not be any big fights but i think they will be exciting, if you haven't seen Houston Alexander yet he has looked really good so far. Also I want to see Rashad Knock Bisping out. That punk shoulda lost his last fight but the judges ****ed Hamill

percysnow 11-17-2007 06:07 PM

ive seen houston. . and yeah i agree hamill was robbed. .still not worth 50 bucks

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percysnow
ive seen houston. . and yeah i agree hamill was robbed. .still not worth 50 bucks

only 39.95 for me
;)

BWillie 11-17-2007 06:10 PM

I hate MMA. I wish Boxing is popular like it used to be. Much more entertaining than watching two guys humping each other on the canvas for an hour at a time.

BigCatDaddy 11-17-2007 06:12 PM

Pretty sorry card. UFC is starting to fall the way of boxing sadly. They should be able to put on a card that has 3 or 4 solid fights with big name guys every month. Dana White disappointed me here.

Delano 11-17-2007 06:35 PM

This is a weak card, but considering some of the fantastic, big-name line-ups they have put out the last few months, it's easy to see why there must be a weak card like this. Every card can't have three fights that could be a main event.

Valiant 11-17-2007 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano
This is a weak card, but considering some of the fantastic, big-name line-ups they have put out the last few months, it's easy to see why there must be a weak card like this. Every card can't have three fights that could be a main event.

Which should mean more excitement, for some reason the big name cards have been let-downs.. And for the price they charge they need to only do it once a month and have like 14+ fights on the card...

chop 11-17-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007
I hate MMA. I wish Boxing is popular like it used to be. Much more entertaining than watching two guys humping each other on the canvas for an hour at a time.

You're crazy. MMA is much better than boxing. There are some boring fights but there are some great ones also. I've watched many boxing matches that were major yawners.

KcMizzou 11-17-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop
You're crazy. MMA is much better than boxing. There are some boring fights but there are some great ones also. I've watched many boxing matches that were major yawners.

Bwillie's a reerun.

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 08:20 PM

boxing sucks

kcxiv 11-17-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007

Only way that happens is if boxing gets its priorities straight and it may be a bit to late, but i rather watch a good boxing match over MMA anyday. I am not much into MMA, but i watch certain fights. I wont ever pay 40-50 bucks for a MMA bought though. **** that. Only way i would watch it is over my streamtvnow account.

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
Only way that happens is if boxing gets its priorities straight and it may be a bit to late, but i rather watch a good boxing match over MMA anyday. I am not much into MMA, but i watch certain fights. I wont ever pay 40-50 bucks for a MMA bought though. **** that. Only way i would watch it is over my streamtvnow account.

sorry you feel this way, but I find the UFC very enjoyable and unless I am out of town I will buy the PPV. I invite other UFC friends to my house and do some drinking during the fights and then hit the bar after too me it is well worth it because i save money drinking at my house instead of watching it at the bar.

Easy 6 11-17-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

All true, most of the TITANS of the sport have fought recently...UFC has to take a 'lil time to build up the 2nd tier. I do still think it should be a reduced price PPV though.

BTW - Boxing doesnt have SHIT on MMA, those guys would all be beaten to within inches of their lives.

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
All true, most of the TITANS of the sport have fought recently...UFC has to take a 'lil time to build up the 2nd tier. I do still think it should be a reduced price PPV though.

BTW - Boxing doesnt have SHIT on MMA, those guys would all be beaten to within inches of their lives.

if tito would have gotten his new contract worked out him vs Rashad would be the main event tonight but because he can't work out a new deal Dana won't let him fight, Dana will not let a fighter fight with only one fight left on their contract

Easy 6 11-17-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk
if tito would have gotten his new contract worked out him vs Rashad would be the main event tonight but because he can't work out a new deal Dana won't let him fight, Dana will not let a fighter fight with only one fight left on their contract

Tito had better get with the program ASAP then, he hasnt been so good lately & needs to keep a high profile or risk becoming just another guy.

Delano 11-17-2007 09:08 PM

So, let me get this straight.

Dana White is responsible for Ortiz, Fedor, and in a round about way, Randy not fighting in the UFC?

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

So, let me get this straight.

Dana White is responsible for Ortiz, Fedor, and in a round about way, Randy not fighting in the UFC?

yeah pretty much, Dana is banking on the UFC Brand and he is a hard ball negotiator and those three guys want more money than Dana is willing to give them

ps the first fight kinda sucked frankie edgar just took spencer fisher down over and over again to gain a decision

Easy 6 11-17-2007 10:44 PM

Any updates would be appreciated...

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Any updates would be appreciated...

herman won by knockout

karo parysan(sp?) won by decision

alexander and silva is just about to start

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 10:46 PM

houston alexander is entering the ring wearing a nebraska cap....oh well i still like him as a fighter

Easy 6 11-17-2007 10:49 PM

Much obliged Mr. Hawk.

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Much obliged Mr. Hawk.

Your welcome,

they are pimpin' the next UFC hard the Serra vs Hughes championship fight and Silva vs Liddell too bad its christmas weekend and I will be out of town i guess I will have to dowload the torrent of that one

Easy 6 11-17-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk
Your welcome,

they are pimpin' the next UFC hard the Serra vs Hughes championship fight and Silva vs Liddell too bad its christmas weekend and I will be out of town i guess I will have to dowload the torrent of that one

Thats a solid card right there, i hope Chuck knocks Silva's "Crazy Eyes" right outta their sockets.

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 10:55 PM

Silva weathered the fight standing up and took Alexander down and got the full mount and then knocked him the **** out in the first round

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 10:56 PM

Houston needs to get a ground game and he would be a good fighter he looked like shit on the ground Thiago
Silva looked like Tito on the ground against Alexander

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 11:03 PM

the main event is just about to start

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 11:12 PM

Here we go come on Rashad

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 11:21 PM

round 1 analysis

rahad controled the standup and took him down twice but once down bisping didn't take any real damage ive got to give round one to Evans though

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 11:27 PM

round 2 analysis

much of the same rashad slammed him down though and rashad looks tired i can't call the round pretty even in my eyes

BigCatDaddy 11-17-2007 11:29 PM

mmafighting.com's summary made it sound like Bisping might have won the round. This round should decide it.

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 11:33 PM

round 3

good battle rashad took him down and bisping defended some take downs i think rashad had the edge on the feet
i would give the fight to rashad

ArrowheadHawk 11-17-2007 11:36 PM

and the fight goes to...

Split decision to Rashad Evans

Sfeihc 11-18-2007 12:01 AM

All-in-all I think most of the fighters tonight had a difficulty putting on a good show. Silva was the star of the show with his first round TKO of Alexander.

pr_capone 11-18-2007 12:57 AM

The whole thing was f00king boring with the exception of the last fight. This is the last time I shell out $40 for this crap.