ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hard to understand those frustrated w/Fitzpatrick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298869)

oaklandhater 03-13-2016 07:11 PM

Hard to understand those frustrated w/Fitzpatrick

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hard to understand those frustrated w/Fitzpatrick’s intransigence. Offered $11m less per year than a guy w/7 career starts+many questions.</p>&mdash; Peter King (@SI_PeterKing) <a href="https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/708855456853319681">March 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

oaklandhater 03-13-2016 07:11 PM

poor fitz bronco's trying to undercut him he had one of his best season's last season.

Dinny Bossa Nova 03-13-2016 07:12 PM

pfffffft.

Geno fans.

Dinny

oaklandhater 03-13-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 12130008)
pfffffft.

Geno fans.

Dinny

Wonder who the Jets will trot out there at QB if they can't work a deal out with Fitz

Chief Northman 03-13-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 12130005)
poor fitz bronco's trying to undercut him he had one of his best season's last season.

And in the biggest game of their season last year he choked and failed miserably. Unfortunately most remember your last game instead of the overall body of work. I think Fitz is an OK quarterback but not one who's going to lead any team to the promised land.

DaneMcCloud 03-13-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12130015)
And in the biggest game of their season last year he choked and failed miserably. Unfortunately most remember your last game instead of the overall body of work. I think Fitz is an OK quarterback but not one who's going to lead any team to the promised land.

He's worth more than $7 million per year, especially in a league that just saw Brock Osweiler receive $18 million per.

OldSchool 03-13-2016 07:16 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-H91pfW1EOy...00/1z21rx4.jpg

oaklandhater 03-13-2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12130015)

He is in your Alexsmith/Dilfer/Garcia Class of QB Wont come back from behind but can hold your lead with a good Defense.

I think he is the best chance for the Broncos to repeat next year imo.

oaklandhater 03-13-2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12130019)
He's worth more than $7 million per year, especially in a league that just saw Brock Osweiler receive $18 million per.

The Texans have to be one of the most Dumbest team's when it comes to QB overpaying for Mediocre QB's and ruining David Carr's career with the Worst o-line in the history of football.

Chief Northman 03-13-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12130019)

Oh I agree (go figure Dane....), but I think Elway may be playing hardball because he knows he might have other options. Even average QB play gets the Broncos in contention next season if the defense can muster up similar production.
Fitz could do that for them, as could Kaepernick or perhaps even Griffin III. But Elway knows where to best spend dollars, and he knows his defense with some re-tooling will carry that team again.

Dinny Bossa Nova 03-13-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 12130011)
Wonder who the Jets will trot out there at QB if they can't work a deal out with Fitz

Geno, of course.

He will ride into KC this season and vindicate the Geno mafia by embarrassing the Chiefs something awful. Then all of Chiefs nation will regret drafting Eric Fisher instead of the choco penii.

You absolutely reek of Claynus.

Dinny

DaneMcCloud 03-13-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12130045)
Oh I agree (go figure Dane....), but I think Elway may be playing hardball because he knows he might have other options. Even average QB play gets the Broncos in contention next season if the defense can muster up similar production.
Fitz could do that for them, as could Kaepernick or perhaps even Griffin III. But Elway knows where to best spend dollars, and he knows his defense with some re-tooling will carry that team again.

Their defense will take a step back, as they lost Trevathan and Jackson. Ware is a year older (nearly 34), as is Talib.

They don't have a QB or a running back and they're rebuilding their offensive line.

I'll be surprised if they win 6 games, and even less if they have to go with a rookie QB or Sanchez.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-13-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 12130022)
He is in your Alexsmith/Dilfer/Garcia Class of QB Wont come back from behind but can hold your lead with a good Defense.

Remind us, who led the Chiefs to victory when we were down 2 scores and players were dropping like flies against the Bills?

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-13-2016 07:36 PM

And you have to consider this: Fitzpatrick put up those numbers with both Decker and Marshall at receiver yet didn't produce much in the games that mattered. A couple decent games against the Pats but was god awful against decent defenses.

Does he deserve more? Maybe. But he's not a franchise QB

dj56dt58 03-13-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 12130022)

:shake: